One Night Stand

seven/ten.

Zayn and I tiredly fall beside each other on my bed. His inked chest rises quickly before falling as he closes his eyes. A small smile played on his soft pink lips just as he pushes his elbow behind his head. I cuddle my body beside his burying myself under his free arm.

‘Your roommate won’t come in, will she?’ he wonders curiously, ‘I mean I don’t want her looking unless she’s willing to join.’

‘You are disgusting.’ I laugh covering his mouth with my palm. ‘Do you have to leave any time soon?’

‘Not tonight.’ He answers quietly playing with my hair between his fingers, ‘are you going anywhere?’

‘I am staying right here.’ I smile into his bare chest, ‘just like this.’

‘Just like this?’ Zayn questions kissing my forehead as he places a hand on my cheek.

‘Yes. Is that a problem?’

‘You’re saying how you’re going to be naked up against me all day long and you’re asking me if I have a problem with it?’ Zayn grins running a hand across his face, ‘I think that’s a pretty stupid question.’

‘It was worth asking.’

Zayn and I end up watching old movies on the TV throughout the night when he was attempting to fool around again.

‘Shit, I’m starving.’ He rolls out of the bed and bends over to get his clothes.

‘Don’t go.’ I whine leaning over to the now empty side of the bed, ‘stay.’

‘I need to get some things from my place and I’ll pick up some takeout then come back, okay?’

‘No.’

‘Come with me then.’

‘I don’t think I can move right now.’ I admit covering up my face with the sheets. ‘I’m sore all over.’

‘I’m sorry.’ He laughs leaning down to kiss me, ‘I’ll take it easy on you the next time.’

‘Are you still going to go?’

‘I’ll be back before you know it.’

‘Too late.’

‘You’re pouting.’ He smirks pulling the dirty shirt over his head, ‘I really need to get a change of clothes.’

‘Hurry back.’

‘I will.’

‘Bye.’

‘Bye babe.’ He mutters under his breath slipping his feet into his shoes.

‘What was that?’

‘I said bye babe.’

‘I thought I heard you.’ I smile victoriously, ‘just wanted to hear it again.’

‘I’ll call you babe as many times as you want once I get back.’

‘Hurry up!’

‘Fine!’ he shouts in return with a smile on his face as he walks towards the front of the house. ‘I don’t have my car so I’m catching a taxi to get it.’

‘Just shut up and go.’ I laugh staring at the ceiling above me.

‘Pain-in-the-ass!’

I lie in bed quietly as I listen to a car honk in front of the house. A door slams closed and the car skids down the road. I wrap my body with the sheets waiting for Zayn’s return. Beside me his begins to chime out some upbeat ringtone, which I didn’t think suited him. I grab a hold of his phone and study the screen.

Rebecca.

My hand wobbles nervously in front of me as I debate whether or not I should answer his phone. I mean it could be one of his sisters or relatives and it might be an emergency. On the other hand it could be someone he doesn’t want you to know about. You can’t invade his life like some crazy controlling wife already. Maybe you should just answer it and tell her he’s not around right now. Just as I go to answer the phone the mystery caller hangs up. I sigh tossing his phone back onto the warm pillow rolling over in the bed. Twenty seconds later the phone begins to ring again.

Rebecca.

I wait for her to hang up for what felt like forever. When she finally does his phone dings signaling a new voicemail. If you heard it you could figure out if she’s a concerned relative or one of those many girls he told you about. With a second of lack of judgment and a swipe I was listening to the new voicemail for Rebecca.

‘Hi Z!’ her high-pitched annoying voice rings, ‘It’s Becca. I’m just here at our usual spot waiting for you. I haven’t seen you in over a week and I miss you. I bet you miss me too. It’s been so long since I woke up beside that cute face of yours. Anyway, call me back so we can remind each other of what we’ve been missing for far too long. Bye bye.’

Z

Our usual spot.

Where in the hell is their usual spot and why was she waiting for him to show up?



‘I’m back.’ Zayn calls coming through the doorway of my room.

He was dressed in a plain black tank top and a tight pair of black skinny jeans with his Doc Martens. In his arms were several bags of food and two drinks. He sets everything down before leaning in for a kiss.

‘Did it get 50 degrees colder when I left?’ he states looking at me confused, ‘what’s up?’

‘You had a missed call.’ I toss his phone at him rolling over in the bed annoyed, ‘Say hi to Rebecca for me or is she your sister too?’

‘No, she’s someone that I screwed around with for a minute or so.’

‘Yeah, I gathered that from the voicemail she left you.’ I blurt aloud and instantly regret it.

‘You did not go through my phone.’ Zayn speaks, astonished.

‘No, I didn’t go through your phone. I just listened to the stupid voicemail she left for you, Z.’

‘Is that what happens in these relationships that you keep going on and on about?’

‘Why are you even still talking to her?’

‘It’s not like that.’

‘Then what is it like Zayn? Please tell me because I can only see this going one way.’

‘You know what? I didn’t sign up to be interrogated by my goddamn so-called girlfriend. I didn’t even want this!’ he gestures between me and him, ‘But you being a girl you have to find some emotional connection between anything. This is what always ruins a great thing.’

‘So all you want is to get into my pants whenever you feel like it?’

‘I guess so.’

‘You don’t mean that,’ I shake my head staring at him in disbelief, ‘I know you felt something more here.’

‘I don’t know how I can make it any clearer to you right now Adara.’

‘This is just how you react in a situation you’ve never been in. You’re trying to push me away. You need to be talking to me instead of slamming the door in my face.’

‘This is how I am. Take it or leave it.’

‘What happened to the Zayn that came in here pouring his heart out onto the floor? The one who said how I was the best thing in his life right now and how he never wants to lose me?’

‘He was wasted.’

‘People tell the truth the most when they’re drunk.’

‘Well I said what I thought I needed to say to get what I wanted in the moment.’

‘So that’s all I am to you?’ I bite down onto my bottom lip holding back the on coming tears. ‘Was everything you said a lie?’

‘I’m sorry that I disappointed you.’ He says looking away from me.

‘There’s no reason that we should disappoint each other anymore, right?’ I wipe the tears that managed their way to escape, ‘this is all new to you so I’ll make it as simple as I can. We’re over. I’m breaking up with you. I never want to see you again.’ I hiss grabbing the sacks of food from the bed, ‘get the hell out of my house.’ Zayn stares at me shocked clearly taken aback by my words.

‘Fine.’ He nods taking the food and drinks from my hands, ‘you’ll let me back over in a few days anyway.’

‘No, I made that mistake too many times already.’ I slam the door behind him leaning myself against the wood material refusing to cry over Zayn Malik.
♠ ♠ ♠
a new update! so sorry for the brief hiatus but im back now. i hope you enjoy the new chapter! if you did be sure to subscribe, comment, and a recommend it. be sure to follow my twitter if you have one (@punkheffroniall)