I Don't Want You to Love Me

Chapter 2

Alecka somewhat mentally shrinks into herself under his gaze. The panic of the earlier moments has just set in, and she feels like a trapped animal. Her eyes dart around the stall looking for an exit.
"Don't even think about it," Michaels says, seeming to read her mind. Alecka gives him a startled look. "You're easy to read," Michael shrugs, "plus, if you even think about running out of here, I'll have to tell guidance for sure. Not that I might not tell them anyway, but if you run, I can guarantee guidance will have you in their office by the end of the day."
There's an awkward silence between the two, just the sounds of breathing and Alecka's own heart beating too loudly in her ears. She'll be damned if he thinks she going to talk first.
"Well, you wanna tell me what's going on?" Michael tries. Alecka doesn't say a word. Another long silence ensues. "Look, if you don't tell me what's going on, I'll be forced to go get a teacher." Alecka's eyes widen at that and something inside her snaps.
"Oh!? You wanna be the fucking hero!? Then fuck off. I'm just fine. I don't need the kid who spends his time running into out of order bathrooms to tell me what to do. Why don't you start explaining some shit to me! I can handle myself," Alecka rages, who does this kid think he is? she thinks. Michael visibly shrinks at her words.
"I only want to help," he says in a sort of sad whisper.
"Yeah!..Well, I don't need your help."
Michael looks at her with sadness swimming in his hazel eyes, "yes you do Alecka." She flinches at the sound of her name rolling off his tongue. Not because it sounds bad when he says it, but because it doesn't.
"I'm in here because some kids were chasing after me trying to get this," he says and reaches in his pocket before pulling out an old, very used looking big pink heart key chain that only held two keys. Alecka looks at him puzzled. "The heart," he explains. "They think I'm gay. A bunch of the guys like to chase me around and call me faggot and try to steal my keys," he laughs slightly, "It doesn't matter how many times I tell them that I'm not gay, not that there's anything wrong with that, but that this key chain belonged to my mother."
Alecka is still very confused and it shows on her pale face.
"Then why do you have it?" She asks, not following.
"My mom's dead, Alecka," he says clarifying.
"Oh," is all she could manage to say.
"Yeah," he replies, "so now it's your turn. What's going on?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I felt like writing. I still don't know if I'm going to write a whole story but we'll see. Comments are welcome. You won't offend me.