Alive

2

Avery

I laughed at my sister as she threw her bag down on the hotel room bed and did a little jump of happiness.

“Isn’t this so great, Aves? I meant his hotel room alone is so beautiful!”

I couldn’t argue with her as I looked outside at the view of the city and smiled. It was pretty beautiful. I was trying to be optimistic about all of this, but my anxiety about meeting new people was kicking in, and Alice definitely noticed.

“C’mon, Aves.” She said, grabbing my hand. “I wanna go see the boys. They’re right across the hall right now.”

I groaned but obliged, looking at the smile on my twin’s face. It was good to see her so happy. We crossed the hall and Alice banged on the door loudly. Louis pulled open the door and grinned when he saw my sister.

“Al!” He yelled, picking her up in a hug.

“Lou bug!” My sister exclaimed, laughing. I rolled my eyes at the exchange. It was so obvious to me that they had feelings for each other, but neither wanted to admit it. I coughed, making my presence known. Louis laughed and put Alice down, walking over to me. I was surprised when he enveloped me in a friendly hug.

“Avery, how are you, love?” He asked.

I blushed and smiled at Louis. He was very friendly, and exactly like Alice. It was almost scary. But that meant that his presence put me at ease.

“I’m good, Louis, how are you?”

“I’m great! Now c’mon, you have people to meet!”

I hadn’t noticed, but sometime during our exchange, Alice had entered the hotel room, and when we got in there, she was happily chatting away with Niall. I knew who they all were, it was kind of hard to not know, with their faces all over the internet, but I let Louis drag me over and do introductions.

“Boys, this is Avery!” He yelled, getting everyone’s attention. “Avery this is Harry, Zayn, Niall, and Liam.” He pointed them each out, and I smiled and waved to each of them, until he got to Liam, who got up and pulled me into a hug.

It shocked me, and when he pulled away, I was blushing.

“It’s nice to meet you, love, Alice speaks so highly of you.” Liam said as he sat back down.

“Y-yeah she loves you lot too.” I sputtered out nervously, taking a seat next to Zayn. My twin laughed and looked at me, raising an eyebrow.

“You alright, Aves?” She asked.

I nodded and rolled my eyes.

“Okay, who wants breakfast?” Harry asked, walking toward the kitchen. I smiled and nodded eagerly, my stomach growling from hunger.

“Me!” Alice and I called at the same time.

The boys all turned to look at us.

“That was a little freaky.” Liam stated.

“Your stomachs grumbled at the same time.” Niall pointed out.

“It’s a twin thing.” We both said, at the same time again.

Louis whistled in surprise and everyone laughed.

“So, like, are we having pancakes?” I asked.

“Coming right up, love.” Harry replied, going to the kitchen to start breakfast.

While he cooked, I got to know the boys a little better as we watched TV, all aimlessly sprawled on the couch.

I got a little antsy and hungry, so I walked into the kitchen and saw Harry flipping the last of the pancakes.

I smiled and took a picture of him in action, and went to post it to twitter on the band account.

We just got here and Harry is already making us breakfast. #domesticated #gonnabeagoodtour

Just as I posted the tweet, everyone else came into the room and we sat around the table, eating pancakes and laughing.

I smiled, feeling pretty at ease already around this group of boys.

Who knew how long the feeling would last, but at that moment, I was feeling at ease with the way the next few months of my life would go.