Alive

5

Alice

“Thank you so much! We’ve been Alice and Avery! Thank you for listening to us tonight! Have fun with One Direction!” I yelled into the microphone at the end of our set before we ran offstage, Avery was on a high from performing, but I was exhausted. Two weeks into the tour and I was already drained. The guys came over and high fived us on a good set as the crew set up the stage for them.

“Are you staying to watch, Aves?” I asked my sister, running a hand over my face. She nodded, grinning, and I smiled. She gained so much energy from performing, it was great.

“You’re not watching?” Louis asked, pouting. I laughed and patted my best friend’s cheek.

“Not today, Lou. Sorry, but I’m going to get a nap in. I’m exhausted.”

He frowned, but kissed the top of my head, like he did before every show.

“Okay, see you after.”

I smiled and wished the rest of the boys luck before heading backstage to the dressing room. As soon as I got there, I flopped facedown on the couch and buried my face in the cushion, falling asleep almost immediately. I was woken up later by a weight on my back. I groaned and looked at the time on my phone, realizing it had been almost 3 hours.

“Wake up, Al!” The annoying voice of my best friend chimed. I sighed and swatted at him, trying to get him off of me.

“No, Lou. I wanna sleep.” I whined. He laughed.

“Babe, you’ve been asleep for hours, and we’re going out!”

Instantly, I perked up.

“Going out as in to get drunk? Because I’m so down!”

Louis laughed.

“This is why we’re friends. Yes, we’re going to the club down the street. Now get up and get dressed.” He instructed, sliding off my back.

Suddenly, a thought occurred to me.

“Is Avery coming?”

Usually, my sister detested anything to do with drinking or the club scene, and I wouldn’t want to leave her alone.

Louis nodded.

“Yeah, she’s coming. She didn’t want to when we asked, but Harry convinced her to go.” He shrugged as I grabbed some clothes in my hands to change into.

That was weird. I couldn’t ever even convince her to go, but Harry could. It must be the dimples. I shrugged too and kissed Louis on the cheek.

“I’ll be 5 minutes.” I informed him as I went into the bathroom to change. He plopped down on the couch, pulling his phone out of his pocket.

“I’ll be here.”

I smiled and went to change, thinking that a night of letting loose and partying was just what I needed.