Alive

8

Alice

I woke up with a splitting headache and an arm firmly wrapped around my waist. I groaned when I opened my eyes in the sunlight, trying to figure out my surroundings. I was laying on the floor, and Louis was lying next to me. Why were we on the floor? I looked to my left and saw a familiar head of curly hair sleeping on the bed. Oh, so we were in Harry’s room. I groaned when someone’s alarm started going off. My head was pounding at the noise. Louis groaned and leaned over, shutting off his alarm, swearing.

“’M gonna kill you.” Harry mumbled from the bed, his face in the pillow.

Louis mumbled something incoherent and tightened his grip on my waist. I sighed, grabbing his arm to move it off of me.

“What are you doing?” He whined.

“Going back to my room to change and shower and throw up in peace.” I replied, hoisting myself up off the floor. “Don’t let me drink like that ever again.”

I stood up and felt dizziness take my body over. I stood there for a minute, clenching my eyes shut against the nausea.

“You alright, Al?” Louis asked, opening his eyes to look at me.

“I’m fine.” I snapped through gritted teeth. “I’ll see you later.”

I walked out the door and down the hallway to my room and into the bathroom, just in time to empty the contents of my stomach into the toilet. I groaned, leaning back on the cool tile. When I was done, I pulled myself up and walked out into the room again, noting the absence of my sister. Where was she? I found my phone and dialed her number. When she didn’t pick up, I sighed, going to the bathroom again to shower. When I got out of the shower, I heard my phone ringing, Paul’s face flashing on the screen.

“Hi, Paul.” I said into the phone.

“Hey, Alice. Roll call.” He said. I sighed.

“I’m here. Tommo and Styles are in H’s room. I don’t know where Avery is, but I’m about to find out.”

“She’s actually with me and Zayn right now. And Harry is here.” He replied.

“What?” I asked, surprised.

“Yeah, we’re getting breakfast for everyone downstairs, so if you’d kindly go get Louis and meet us in the lobby in 15 minutes that would be great because we have bus call and places to go.”

“Where are Niall and Liam?” I asked, already starting to pack my bag.

“On their way. Hurry up, please.”

I sighed and finished packing my stuff, grabbing my bag and going back down the hall to get Louis. When I knocked on the door, he opened it quickly, bag already in hand.

“C’mon.” I mumbled, turning on my heel.

“Wait, Al, talk to me. You’ve been giving me short answers all morning. What’s wrong?” He asked, putting a hand on my arm.

“Nothing, Lou.” I shrugged his hand off, just as Niall and Liam came out of Niall’s room. I smiled and looped an arm through Niall’s, going ahead of the other two to get to the elevator.

“You alright this morning, Love?” Niall asked.

I shook my head and he laughed heartily, which caused me to groan, my head hurting. He laughed quieter as we got down to the lobby.

“Sorry, Al.” He apologized. I shrugged and walked over to my sister, who was holding out a coffee for me. Thank God.

Paul went over the schedule for the day, what we were doing and when, but all I could feel were the eyes of my best friend burning into the back of my skull, wondering why I was shutting him out. The sad thing was, I wasn’t so sure why myself.