Stay

10.

"Where are you Sidney" Jessica said as she listened to the rings of her husbands phone. She sighed and pressed end.

"No answer" Vero asked, Jessica shook her head no and sat down next to her best friend

"Mommy" Addison squealed waving, Jessica smiled and waved back. It was her first day at dance class and Sidney had promised to be there.

It had been 2 months since they had worked things out, but for the past week Sidney had started to be away more.

"hey" they heard, they turned to see Marc. He leaned down to kiss Vero, Jessica smiled "where is Sid?"

"You didn't see him" Vero asked

"Not since practice, he had a meeting" he said. After the class Jessica checked her phone, nothing.

"Where is daddy" Addison asked, Jessica picked her up

"Work sweetie" she said Addison frowned

"He promised he would be here" she said

"I know baby, something came up though" she lied. Addison nodded "let's go get brother and head home" she said

After picking up Greyson from Mario and Nathalie's house they headed to their house. Jessica sighed, Sidney had not been heard from since the morning.

"Go change" Jessica said Addison nodded and walked to her room, the front door opened and she turned

"Hey" he said tiredly, Jessica looked at him before turning to walk in the kitchen "what's wrong"

"Really?" She asked Sidney shrugged "did you forget what day it was today"

"Wednesday? I had practice and a meeting"

"What about your daughter, and the promise you made her"

"Oh shit that was today" he said "I'm so sorry"

"Tell her that" she said "and you couldn't call me back or text me back"

"I forgot my phone" he said Jessica sighed

"Mommy I'm changed" Addison said, she looked at her dad and frowned "hi daddy"

"Hi sweetie, I'm sorry I didn't make it to dance"

"Its ok, mommy, aunt Vero and uncle Marc where there"

"Marc went"

"Ya, he didn't forget" Jessica said handing Addison a juice box, Sidney lowered his head "go play with Greyson" she said, Addison nodded

"Jess I am so so sorry" Sidney said, Jessica shrugged

"For a month everything was back to normal. Now for the last week your never home, you forget something very important to your daughter. What's happening" she asked

"I didn't tell you because I didn't want to jinx it, but I got offered to play for canada in the Olympics" he said, she leaned on the counter. "For the last week I've been meeting with everyone..."

"Why wouldn't you talk to me about this" she asked

"Cause I wasn't sure what I was going to do, I didn't want to upset you, I just....I don't know"

"I wouldn't have been upset sidney" she said "now I'm upset because you didn't tell me" she said, he sighed

"I didn't want you to stress out over it. This is a chance of a lifetime for me"

"I would have supported you"

"Would you though? You stress when I'm away, I would be gone at least a month, in Russia" Jessica looked down then back to Sidney "I love you, I'm going to do whatever it takes to be here more, I want another baby, I want my wife to be happy, my children to be happy, I don't want you to stress out, I didn't tell you and I'm sorry I just thought it was for the best"

"What did you decide" she asked

"That I'm going to play for canada in the Olympics and I hope you support that" he said, she nodded her head "Taylor will come here to help you while I'm gone, why don't you take a trip to see your parents too" he said, she wiped away a tear and nodded "please don't cry"

"I'm not upset that you are going, I'm happy for you" she said he nodded

"I love you" he said

"I love you too" she said "when do you leave"

"In 2 weeks I have to go to canada for practices, I want you to go with me. Then from there we will head to Russia" he said, she sighed and nodded her head