Stay

2.

Jessica sat up and looked at her alarm clock, she sighed seeing it was only 3:30. Greyson was screaming just a few rooms over. Sidney was gone for the next 3 days. She stood up and turned on her bedside lamp before making her feet touch the ground, sleepily walking towards her sons room.

"Mommy is here sweet boy" she said turning on the dim light, Greyson was standing at the crib, tears streaming down his little face "come here baby" she said picking him up, she held him close to her body and lightly rocked him "you are so warm" she frowned kissing his forehead "mommy will take your temperature and get you some Motrin, it will be alright" she whispered softly. His big blue eyes met hers and her heart melted.

She quietly walked down the stairs to the kitchen, grabbing the thermometer, a bottle of juice, and the Motrin. She walked back to her room and gently climbed into bed. Greyson began to get a little fussy as she took his temp but her soft coos calmed him down

"Mommy" she heard, she looked at the door to see her daughter standing there tiredly, wild hair all over the place, she looked so much like Sidney.

"Come on sweetie" Jessica said, Addison smiled and ran towards the king sized bed.

"Bubba ok" Addison asked

"Yea just a slight cold I'm sure" Jessica said. Addison nodded and leaned down to kiss her baby brother

"I love you greys" she said, Jessica smiled. When Greyson finished his juice she looked over and saw Addison asleep

"Another sleep over" she said gently laying Greyson between her and Addison. She loved spending time with her children, they where her life. She just wished her husband was home more to enjoy these little things. It seemed like only yesterday they where finding out they where pregnant with Addison. Jessica wiped a tear away before turning off the lamp.

****

"Hi I need to make an appointment for my son" Jessica said cutting the edges of Addison's PB&J sandwich "Greyson Crosby" she said

"Mommy is it ready" Addison whined

"No ma'am I would like it today" she said into the phone

"Mommmmyyyy"

"Addison stop it" Jessica yelled, she sighed frustratedly and turned to go to the fridge. Addison quietly walked away "yes ma'am thank you so much" she said hanging up. "Addy" she said turning to face her daughter. She looked around the kitchen.

She walked up the stairs to Addison's bedroom, she wasn't there so she walked to her bedroom. Empty. She walked to the game room to see that empty as well.

"Addison" she yelled, she ran downstairs to Sidney's office to find that empty as well

"I miss you daddy" she heard the quiet cries coming from down the hall, she slowly walked towards the sound and looked into Sidney's game room. There laying on the couch snuggling with her 87 blanket was her daughter

"Addison" she said softly, Addison opened her eyes "I didn't mean to raise my voice at you" she said

"I know mommy, it's ok" she said, Jessica let the tears stream down her face "You miss daddy too"

"Yes baby I do, he will be home soon. Let's go eat, I'm gonna take you to Papa Mario's to play while I take brother to the doctor ok"

"Ok" she said standing up. Jessica got Addison sat down at the table with food and made her calls to Mario.