Status: In need of feedback.

Love

Close to the Deadline

Princess Lola was helping out her employees who were in full preparation of the day she were to spend with the prince tomorrow. She had been longing for this day for the past two days, ever since they agreed to meet up again.

A deep sigh falls from Lola’s lips as she tugs her hair into a ponytail. Her elbows are resting at each side of her laptop and her face is buried in her hands. “Stupid, fucking assignment…” Lola whines into her hands. She then reaches over to grab her mobile to phone or text Louis, there’s no way in hell she’ll be able to get all her assignments done and go through with the date she has planned with Louis tomorrow.

She sighs deeply as stress takes over her body. She has to get these summer assignments in on time, if not Lola can go take the same classes again next year. She then slides her thumb across the screen after which she quickly opens up a text to Louis but then decides to call him instead.

A deep sigh of regret escapes Lola’s mouth as soon as she hears the phone go over. She nervously bites her lip the second time it goes over. The third time it does so, Lola starts tapping her finger on her wooden desk. Lola starts playing with her bang the fourth time it goes over before it switches to voicemail. “’S Louis.” It sounds shortly but powerful through the speaker before the ‘beep’ sound enters her ear. Lola decides against leaving him a message, she figures that if she works hard enough she can still make the deadline and go through with the date.

In order to concentrate she pushes her mobile away to the end of her desk and goes through the files on her MacBook Pro to find her ‘The perfect murder’ essay she’s supposed to send in tomorrow at 23h59. The problem with this essay is that Lola has written down three possible ways for the perfect murder, but she’s only allowed one. She’s considered to make it look like an accident, to make it look like a suicide or just disposal the body. For each of her theories she’d found great back-up stories that prove it has happened before in history, but she’s still unsure of which direction’s she wants to take this. Lola usually never works this close to a deadline, Lola is the type of person that always sends in assignments way ahead of time but for some reason she’s become lazy this year.

As Lola opens up her browser to do some more research for her three possible perfect murders, her mobile starts buzzing on the wooden table that sends a loud noise through the room. She quickly reaches for it, in order for the noise to stop, when she looks at the screen she sees Louis’ name flash across it with the red ‘decline’ and the green ‘accept’ button at the bottom of the screen.

After pressing the green button, Lola holds her iPhone against her ear. “Hey Louis.” She mumbles, trying her best to do research and have a conversation with Louis at the same time. A women should be able to multitask, but it seems Lola loses most of her abilities when talking to Louis, which only leaves her, what Lola considers to be, ‘giddy and annoying, like a little fan girl’.

“Aye, ye rang me?” Louis questions causing Lola to mentally face palm herself. Lola is pressuring her brain into finding a decent explanation for the call, which wouldn’t sounds weird or make him feel guilty about the deadline she might miss in order for this date to go through.

“Pocket dial!” She blurts out before actually face palming herself. “Yeah, sorry. ‘T was an accident.” She then continues as she tries to regain her confidence, Louis who obviously noticed her pathetic excuse chuckles lightly.

“I’ve got bad news though…” He then says. Lola simply clears her throat as to tell him to continue. “I’ll have to cancel our date for tomorrow…” Louis then speaks again in an apologetic manner. “Something came up… I’m really sorry, Lola.”

A disappointed smile sits on Lola’s lips as she’s still contemplating on whether or not to let him know just exactly how disappointed she is with the situation. “Oh, that’s not too bad actually… I was just worrying that it’ll be hard to get my assignments done in time anyway.” She replies, as calm as possible. When she simply earns an ‘oh’ from Louis, she quickly adds: “I was planning on trying my hardest to get them done, because I really wanted to see you again… but I guess I’ll have to wait a little while longer.” Lola replies with a red glow burning her cheeks as a smile spreads across her face.

Louis chuckles lightly and clears his throat before speaking again. “I really wish we didn’t have to delay this, would have loved to see you again… how about the day after tomorrow then? If anything comes up again, I’ll try my best to put that off until a later date, but this was too important… it’s One Direction stuff.” Louis explains, which actually causes the smile on Lola’s face to brighten. She loves that he’s taking the time to explain himself to her.

“Honestly…” Lola starts with a deep sigh. “I’ll have to see if I can get my assignments finished in time and if everyone’s out again… but I would really love to Louis. I’ll let you know as soon as I can! And think of me when you’re doing fun One Direction stuff, I’ll be writing either an essay on psychopathy or the perfect murder… fun, fun, fun!” Lola laughs earning a laugh from Louis as well.

“What do you study in school? I’m guessing something with criminology?” Louis asks before quickly adding: “And believe me, not all One Direction stuff is fun stuff… the meetings get boring, however, I will in fact be thinking of you.” This causes the glow on Lola’s cheeks to brighten as her smile widens.

“Yep, criminology indeed. I’ll have to start working on my assignments now, though.” Lola apologises. “Bye Louis!” She says sweetly earning a chuckle from Louis who tells her ‘bye’ back before hanging up the phone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Some comments to cheer me up? I need it.

It really sucks when you need your teacher's to achieve something and they just don't believe in your capabilities... it causes wasted opportunities, demotivation and fuck... even quitting? Because why should I continue to prove myself to someone who doesn't believe I have it in me, when all I've done is prove myself? F. B., you could've at least had the respect to e-mail me back... wanker. (Is that PG-13?)