Status: In need of feedback.

Love

You're The One That I Want

The prince and the princess had decided they wanted to see each other again, so they were going to meet up at the princess’ castle. She sent all her employees home for the day and made sure the king and queen wouldn’t come home until late. Princess Lola had arranged everything perfectly for her prince to come visit her.

“So did you get all your assignments done in time, honey?” Carol asks her oldest daughter who’s carefully cutting the peach in her hand into pieces before dropping them into her bowl of fruit. Lola nods happily, a smile spread across her face. “Really?!” Carol gasps, earning a chuckle from Lola.

“Well, thanks for having so much faith in me, mum. ‘Preciate it.” She then says with a wink in her mother’s direction, who is now slightly blushing at her excited outburst. “What time are you leaving? And when will you be home?” Lola asks her mum. It’s the same question she asked Clay earlier and her step-dad before he left for work.

“I’m leaving in about ten minutes, I’m dropping Quinn off at her day-camp. I won’t be home until seven tonight. Could you pick Quinn up around four?” Carol asks to which Lola sighs audibly. She’s not sighing because she doesn’t like picking her sister up from places, but just because it cuts down on her time with Louis. The two still hadn’t set a time for their date, but it wasn’t getting any easier.

Lola is mentally going over all the information she gathered from her different family members as to when they are leaving and returning to the home. Anthony left around seven thirty and won’t be back until five, Clay is leaving at nine thirty and doesn’t come back until six thirty, Quinn and her mum are leaving at the same time but Lola has to pick Quinn up around four which means she has to leave around three thirty.

“Honey, have fun today… I’ll see you tonight.” Carol says. “Quinn, are you ready? I have to get to work. Chop, chop!” Lola laughs slightly before stabbing her fork into her fruit salad and pushing different pieces of fruit into her mouth.

Once the palace was empty, the first thing princess Lola did was dropping a pin on the ground, just to enjoy the silence. After that, princess Lola decided to yell loudly and once again enjoy the fact that none of her employees were immediately by her side to ask if something was wrong. Princess Lola was all alone and she couldn’t enjoy it any more.

A smile plays on Lola’s lips a she holds the phone to her ear, waiting to hear Louis’ voice speak to her. The third time the phone goes over it is cut short and she is quickly met with Louis’ hoarse voice. “Mm…” She hears to which she giggles in response.

“Hey Louis… late night?” She asks laughing after which she hears his shuffle around. “So are you still up for today?” She questions, biting her lower lip afraid that he’ll say ‘no’.

“Yes, definitely!” He replies, his voice sounds a lot let hoarse now. “What time should I come around?” Louis asks, earning a smile from Lola.

“Well, that’s the thing… as soon as possible? I have to leave around three.” Lola replies as she scratches the back of her neck uncomfortable, still scared that Louis might decide to cancel their date together.

“I can be there in about an hour? Should I bring lunch?” Louis answers, earning a unexpected sigh of relief from Lola who quickly giggles once she realises the sigh was louder than expected. “Haha, well, I’m guessing that was a good sigh?” Louis chuckles.

“Oh… yes…” Lola answer awkwardly. “Yeah, sure, you can bring lunch! I have plenty of unhealthy snacks for during the movie…”

Princess Lola was sitting on the big, marble stairs in the hall of the palace awaiting her prince’s arrival. Every so often, the princess peeked through the blinds of the glass door leading to the balcony that overlooked the gate. And every time she did so, she went back downstairs to take the same seat on the marble stairs. The third step from the floor, almost in the centre of the stairs but a little more to the left. She knew how to find the exact same spot again, because the marble structure had sucked in some of her body heat and no longer felt as cold as it did when she first took a seat.

Princess Lola focused her eyes on the big clock standing in the hall, it swung from left to right every time another second went by – another second she had spent waiting on prince Louis, another second she has spent without him.


When Lola pulls open the door, she is met with the somewhat taller than her brunette. He’s wearing a pair of Ray-Ban sunglasses, covering up his green eyes (something she took notice of on their first date together) and his brown hair is done up nicely into a quiff. As soon as Lola’s eyes look down to take notice of his outfit, a wide smile breaks across her face. “Nice polo.” She laughs, noting the blue Fred Perry polo he’s wearing.

Louis chuckles in response. “Just checking to see if you’d notice, ye know.” Louis laughs before Lola holds the door open a bit further, motioning the young man to enter her house.

Lola quickly follows Louis into the living room where he puts down the plastic bag he was carrying, the smell of Chinese food fills the room causing Lola’s stomach to rumble. “Someone’s hungry.” Louis notes, more to himself than to Lola but she catches up on it and laughs loudly as an uncomfortable blush finds its way to her cheeks.

“Let me get some plates… you can get settled or whatever.” Lola says uncomfortably as she walks towards the kitchen while Louis is taking his coat and sunglasses off. “What movie did ye wanna watch?” Lola yells as she reaches into the cupboard for two plates. “And what would ye like to drink?”

“Whatever you have will do fine.” Louis replies from behind her, Lola turns around quickly and gasps loudly. “Didn’t mean to scare ye.” Louis chuckles as he grabs the plates and glasses from Lola’s hands.

“Coke?” Lola offers before pulling open the fridge and reaching for the bottle, before Louis can even answer her question. “I put the DVD’s on the table, or we could download one online.”

Princess Lola had set everything up perfectly by the time prince Louis arrived at the castle. They sat down across from one another, a lit candle stood at the right side of their table. Everything was prepared for them to have a perfect, magical afternoon together.

Lola and Louis are sitting on the floor, their backs leaned against the leather couch and their legs spread out under the coffee table in front of them. The pair have settled on watching Grease together, which highly surprised Lola since ‘Hooligans’ was also an option, but apparently Louis was a sucker for the occasional musical or cheesy love story.

About fifteen minutes into the movie, the two of them are occupied with the Chinese food on their plates and each other than what’s going on, on the screen. “So, you’re a criminology student…” Louis starts, pausing his sentence every once in a while to swallow or shove another spoonful of noodles into his mouth. “Why? What would you like to become?” He finishes with a mouth full of noodles, which causes Lola to burst out in laughter. “Sorry, me mum really taught me better than that!” Louis apologises with an emptied mouth.

Lola shrugs as she covers her own full mouth with her hand while she chuckles lightly at Louis. Once she’s swallowed all the bits of food in her mouth, she takes a sip from her coke first before replying. “Well… actually… I’d really like to be a profiler? And if I can’t do that, I’d just like to work in a prison and help prepare inmates for their return. I mainly chose these studies because I’m fascinated with serial killers and psychopathy.” Lola explains with a slight shrug, but her words cause Louis’ mouth to drop.

“Ok, sounds cool… a lot more impressive than what I’m doing with my life.” Louis laughs to which Lola cocks up her left eyebrow.

“Come on… you’re making thousands of girls’ dreams come true. You’re doing a lot more than you think.” Lola says as she carefully scoots a bit closer to Louis who’s putting his plate on the coffee table in front of them.

“Yeah, I know. But I still think it’s pretty impressive how people can study for something and achieve their goals with that… I was never much of a study-type of person, but I wasn’t a working-type of person either. Come to think of it, a job like this really was my only option…” Louis explains.

“That or being homeless.” The two then says simultaneously, to which they both look up at each other with a wide smile on their faces before laughing loudly.

“Great minds think alike.” Lola smiles before leaning forward toward the coffee table to put her plate down and take another sip from her glass. When she leans back again, Louis’ arm is laying behind her and quickly wraps around her shoulder.

Lola carefully rests her head against his shoulder and when she does, she notices the tattoo’s on his foot. “Nice tattoos.” Lola chuckles lightly, to which Louis laughs in response.

“Got plenty of tattoos… I like it, it’s a way of expressing myself when there’s really not other option for me.” Louis explains as he squeezes her shoulder. “Do you have any tattoos?” He then asks to which Lola smiles brightly.

“Nope.” She says popping the ‘p’. “But I’m getting my first tattoo in eight days, actually!” She continues, smiling proudly.

“What are you getting then?” Louis asks. “And where?”

“I’m getting an anchor on the side of my left foot. It’s symbol for the weight that was put on my shoulders for so long and although it’s not there anymore, I’ll always carry it with me.” Lola explains to which Louis awes softly, causing her to blush and hide her face in his shoulder.

“You’re beautiful.” Louis then mumbles, which causes Lola to look at him with a wide smirk spread across her face and her left eyebrow cocked up. “What?” Louis chuckles.

“I don’t know…” Lola shrugs. “Every time you’ve complimented me so far, I feel like you have this… look on your face or something that just makes it seem as if you feel so fulfilled and as if you’ve accomplished something…” Lola explains as she speaks slowly, trying to comprehend all of what she’s saying.

Louis laughs lightly. “That’s because I do… feel accomplished. Because every time I compliment you, you get all shy and blushy…” Louis starts explaining, speaking only a tad bit faster than Lola did just before. “It makes me feel good because I like to believe that it makes you feel good.” Louis continues, as he laughs awkwardly he runs his fingers through his now messy quiff.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bam, another chapter! Because I can...

I really love writing this story, I have this all planned out up until the 27th chapter ;) and even have the sequel page and layout made and ready. Sorry if you can't keep up, I like writing for this one too much.

Leave me some comments, please? Would love to hear from some new or different people? Or people who have commented once already but have been quiet ever since!

'xoxo