Status: In need of feedback.

Love

P. Sherman

When princess Lola woke up the morning after the ball, a smile from ear to ear was plastered on her face. The first thing she thought about when she woke up was prince Louis and how amazing it felt when she danced with him the night before.

Lola wakes up to a throbbing pain in her head and a dizzy vision of her room, she groans when she sits up because of the nauseating feeling that’s twisting her stomach around. “I’m dying…” She mumbles as she slowly brings her hand up to her face to wipe the drool off her chin. “Em?” She then whispers as she looks at her best friend, who looks about as terrible as she does. “Em?” She repeats as she carefully shakes her best friend’s shoulder.

Lola is met with a quiet groan from her friend. “What?” Emily mumbles as she opens her eyes to give her best friend an angry look, which quickly fades and is replaced by a cunning grin. “You little slut, you!” She then grins while pointing her index finger at Lola’s face.

“Huh?” Lola wonders, completely taken aback by Emily’s grin and somewhat insult. But Emily only laughs loudly in response, making Lola question whether her memory of the night before is as complete as she thought it was.

“Oh, you don’t remember, do you?” Emily laughs before slowly sitting up in the bed and throwing Lola another wide grin. “You nearly made out with that fag from One Direction… you two looked like two drunken idiots, grinding up on each other and before I could save you, you just had to… and I mean really, had to! Give your number to the guy… it was terrible!” Emily is laughing so hard that she nearly tumbles off the bed.

“Nice choice of words… who? I remember entering and leaving the club… I thought I remembered everything else, but the part about grinding up on someone… not so clear. You’re not fucking with me, are you?” Lola questions, as she is unsure of how to react to this banter.

“No, shite, I’m dead serious, mate! You even lost your feckin’ shoes at the club!” Emily explains in a thick accent with not even a hint of a smile evident on her face, which only tells Lola that she is in fact speaking the truth.

Lola groans to herself before burying her face in both of her palms. “Why am I such an embarrassment?” She whines as Emily rubs her friend’s back. “Was he actually in One Direction? Or did I just act like a drunk groupie and fall for someone who just looked like one of them?” Lola then looks up at her best friend and throws her hands in the air. “I don’t even know which one would be worse! Oh my God… I’m so ashamed.”

“Well… he was pretty hot… well as hot as a lad who sings cheesy songs to fourteen year olds can be?” Emily says in an attempt to make her best friend feel better but only gets an angry look from Lola in return.

The prince couldn’t wait to hear from princess Lola again. So the next morning he immediately sent out a letter to her address. In the letter it said: “Dear princess Lola,

It was such a pleasure to meet you and dance with you last night. I surely hope we can do it again sometime.

Best regards,
Prince Louis Tomlinson


Lola refuses to face her brother, who’s look of disappointment would only make her feel worse about last night’s actions. She wants to stay in bed all day and die from either the hangover or embarrassment.

When the sounds of her phone buzzing against her wooden nightstand enters her ears, she groans loudly. “What the fuck…” She mumbles as she reaches out to grab her phone. Refusing to open one of her eyes, she just presses the button and puts it against her ear.

“Hello?” Her voice cracks as she speaks due to the fact that her body’s exhausted from trying to cure the hangover she’s currently nursing.

“Who’s this?” An evenly hangover voice speaks causing Lola to groan into the phone. “Ok, let me explain… I woke up with your number on my arm… my friends told me I was blatantly drunk last night and that I was an arse. So I just wanted to apologize if I… y’know, bothered you or anything, I guess.”

A laugh falls from Lola’s lips as she slowly realises this may be the guy she was grinding up against last night. “I’m sorry, I have no recollection of last night… the only thing you could possibly have to apologise for is if you stole my high heels, which I highly doubt.”

She hears some shuffling at the other end of the line, before the guy responds. “No, I don’t.” He chuckles. “But I think I remember you… brown hair? Red lips?”

Lola slaps herself on the forehead and bites her bottom lip to keep herself from laughing. “Oh dear lord… so you are the guy I was grinding up against, as my friend described it.” Lola laughs, emphasising the ‘are’. “I’m Lola, by the way… which I probably told you last night.”

The guy at the other end of the line laughs loudly, and then groans because it probably made the throbbing pain in his head even worse. “Didn’t expect this call to turn out this way… that’s slightly embarrassing, I don’t remember that much either from last night. I’m Louis, in case you forgot that too.”

“Yes, I did…” Lola laughs feeling her cheeks heat up from the embarrassment she’s feeling. “But, yeah, no need to apologise… Louis.” She says, speaking Louis’ name slowly. “Unless you raped me, but I highly doubt my friends would’ve let that happen.”

Luckily for Lola, Louis had a sense of humour as he joins in on her laughing. “No. Just an annoying drunk. Well, nice talking to you, Lola! Gotta go, bye.” Before Lola even manages to mutter a simple ‘bye’ back, the line has already been shut off.

“Well, that’s not polite…” She mumbles to herself. “Louis…” She then mumbles, trying to get a mental image of which of the five guys in her sister’s room she is. It takes a while but then she remembers it’s the straight haired brunette that she personally thinks looks fine as hell in a suit.

When her phone buzzes again, Lola is met with a text message from an unknown number. ”PS: Hope you find your shoes.” A frown appears on Lola’s face as she’s confused about the text message, wondering who it could be from until she realises the only two options are that one of her friends lost their phone while drunk or the option she’s gunning for, it’s from Louis. She then looks into her caller history to match the number with the one from the text message, which for some reason brings a small smile to her face.

”I doubt I’ll ever see them again, might have to go search for them!”

Princess Lola was absolutely smitten when prince Louis’ personnel brought her his letter. She immediately tore open the envelope and quickly penned a reply to the prince.

“Dear prince,

I hope we meet again, soon!”


After taking a short nap, Lola wakes up to a response from Louis that simply reads: Tracked em down for ye: P. Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney. The reply earns a loud laugh from Lola, who’s absolutely crazy about anything to do with Disney.

You awesome person, you! That instantly cured my hangover.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments. If you want to, check out my other story (it's just a string of letters I wrote to the same person) Letters To You

Now... because I think it totally fits the story that one of the most gorgeous men that competed in the world cup this year had a (Jiminy) cricket on his arm while scoring a goal last night... let's admire him for a second (although we can't for the rest of the world cup).

One of the most devastating losses so far, unless the Belgians lose tonight (which they probably will).
Image