Status: Suicide. May be triggering.

Lights Fade

Lights Fade

Harry sent the farewell message to Peter before turning his phone off, leaving his note on the desk. He couldn't do this any more. He couldn't handle the stress of running Oscorp. He was only twenty, how the hell did his Father expect him to run a multi-billion dollar company? Surely people would excuse him for this. The press would blow everything out of proportion. Make it seem like he had done this as a last fuck you to his Father. But this was nothing to do with his Father. This was a "I'm done with this world. I'm done with Oscorp. I'm done with life." He swallowed hard and made sure everything was in order before heading to the roof.

...

Peter read the message over and over, swallowing hard. What the hell did Harry mean? Why was he apologising? Why did this seem like it would be the final message he would ever get from his friend? He needed to get to Oscorp. He pulled his suit on and left via his window, swinging from the buildings. Yells filled the air when people saw him but he ignored them all. Police sirens sounded and again, Peter ignored them. Something was wrong with his best friend for God's sake. As he swung around, Peter's heart dropped. Harry was standing on the edge of the Oscorp roof, staring straight ahead intently. He dropped to the floor and rolled.

"Mr. Osborn!"

...

Harry spun around at the use of his name and stared at Spider-Man, standing opposite him.

"What do you want?"

"Peter Parker... I know him, he asked me to check on you and it looks like a good job I did, huh? Come on, step back off from the edge."

Harry turned his head away, looking at the drop below.

"I need to do this... I have nothing... I can't run this company. Not without help and no one will give that to me. I need to get out of this hell. I need to escape. I can't run away, I can't go on holiday. What does that leave me?"

"It leaves you with a friend who would easily quit his job with the Daily Bugle and join Oscorp to help you. Harry... Step away from the edge."

"It's Mr. Osborn. We're not friends."

"But we are."

Harry frowned and looked back to the hero opposite him.

"Who are you?"

...

Peter pulled the mask off and looked Harry directly in the face.

"Harry... Don't do this."

"P-Peter? You're Spider-Man? What- How?"

"Some spider in Oscorp bit me and I just... This happened. Now come down from there and we can talk. Come on Harry. Don't do this. You'll leave everything behind. You'll leave me behind."

Tears were rolling down Harry's face as he watched Peter before nodding. As he went to step down, he slipped, the ledge wet from the seasonal rain. A scream left Harry's lips as he fell from the edge... Backwards. Peter shoved his mask on and lunged after him, able to see Harry easily from the police spotlight that was shining on him. Peter reached out for Harry's hand missing it by inches before another short scream came from Harry, his descent stopping suddenly. A spire stuck through his chest and Peter slowly landed next to him. Peter breathed heavily and; with shaking hands; gently closed Harry's unseeing eyes.