Buried Deep

Prologue

Fourteen Years Ago

Ella gasped, her hands flying to her mouth, her glimmering green orbs straining to make sense of the transformation that had happened before her. She titled her head, her heart racing making Peter worried that she was going to run. Ella slowly crawled towards the boy that had taken her purity just minutes ago, her trembling hand reached upwards, caressing the strange image before her. Peter had literally changed from a human being into a mixture of that and a wolf. His eyes gleamed yellow, making her own eyes widened. Her voice was lost, no where to be found as she tried to make sense of everything.

Peter closed his eyes at her touch, his head leaning against her hand. Inhaling her scent, his own heart was beating in sync with hers. He was terrified to expose who he was, after all this time, he had learned to love and care for her. The last thing he wanted was for her run and never speak a word to him. Peter didn't believe in the whole werewolf imprinting myth that had swirled around the world, not for a second. But whenever he was around Ella, he couldn't help but feel in his heart that she was made for him.

She shifted on her knees, her eyes scanning over his face, questions bubbling over in her mind. How was this possible? Soon enough, her heart began to return to it's normal beat, Ella leaned forward, her lips pressed softly against his. When she had pulled apart she gasped again, he looked normal. How did he do that?

Peter chuckled, his hand reaching for her face, "Say something, El."

"How is this possible?" She finally asked, scooting closer to him, pressing her head against his chest as he wrapped his arms around her. Ella listened carefully to his words as he explained everything he needed too. She had asked a few questions here and there but she mainly listened, her mind still trying to wrap around the magical night Peter had given her and the whole her boy friend being a mythical creature. Sure she had seen a few weird things happen in Beacon Hills but her mind was far too naive to pick up on the supernatural themes that perked up the town.

Peter inhaled her scent, his eyes rolling to the back of his head, she always smelled of orchids and coconut from her moisturizer, he loved it. It was strong enough for him to find her in a crowd but faint enough for it to be a personal high when he was around her. His arms tightened around her, kissing the top of her head, "Are you scared?"

"A little," she admitted, twisting her body, she was facing Peter, smiling softly, "but if you were going to hurt me, you would have done it already." Pressing her lips against his, she ran her hand through his brown hair, "I love you."

Peter growled, "I love you too." He pulled her closer, feeling the emotions course it's way through his body. Ella tamed his hidden devious ways, suppressing them and making him see the beauty in everything; regardless if he couldn't spot them. They were just kids, kids in love. He wanted her for the rest of his life, nothing was supposed to tear them apart but there was one thing.

She wasn't one of them.

But it didn't matter, Peter had plans. Plans to make her one of them, plans that would eventually alter and change everyone's lives. And that was one of the problems with Peter, he could be absolutely selfish at times but Ella always saw past those flaws. Making it that much harder for him to understand the big impact on everyone's lives it was going to be if he changed her. He didn't want to corrupt his beautiful flower, aside from tonight, Ella was pure innocence. She glowed and he was afraid by taking away her mundane nature, she was going to lose it.

The Hale's had a strict rule, Werewolves only. It made for less drama and kept their bloodline strong, the Hale's had always been strictly werewolves and it was different in Peter's situation. No matter how much they enjoyed her company, they gave him two options.

Turn her.
Or, leave.

But, you don't leave those you love, so the choice was simple. He was going to turn her but there was another catch. It was tricky turning a human, some couldn't handle the bite and others took it quite well. The underlying red flag was constantly waving in his brain, she could die.

"What are you thinking about, Hale?"

He snapped out of his thoughts, "Do you love me?"

Ella smiled, her eyebrow rising, "Yeah? I mean I just let you take my virginity. I don't know how much more I can express on how much I love you."

Peter smiled softly, his ocean blue eyes twinkling under the moonlight, his smile fading, "I need to turn you, El."

Ella's smile dropped too, her body tensing as she slightly moved away from him "What?"

He looked away from her, clenching his jaw, his hand tightening lightly on her forearms, "They won't let me be with you, El. You have to be one of us." Peter looked back towards her, his eyes gleaming yellow again, gritting his teeth, "We don't have a choice."

She stared at him, her mind racing, looking away and into the waters that crashed lightly against the sand. When Peter had told her earlier that day that he was arranging something special for the two of them, she never imagined him to surprise her by taking her to a beach. He had found a slight cave that was isolated and prepped it with candles and roses with a variety of different blankets. It was every girl's dream to lose her virginity on a beach at night with the moonlight kissing their naked bodies.

Ella had fallen madly and deeply in love with Peter, she had seen the kind of kid he was before her. He was a jokester but in the most wicked way possible, his actions weren't kind and she was drawn to him like a bee was to a flower. She was caught in a trance, his blue beautiful eyes were enticing and that smile. He practically could melt her by giving him that all too knowing smirk.

"Will it hurt?" She squeaked out, her eyes locking onto his.

Peter nodded slowly, his lips brushing against her ear, "I'll be here the whole time. I'm never leaving you, I promise."

Image


In few short long hours, Ella Dux was no longer a regular high school student with ordinary qualities. No, she was far more than that. When the agonizing pain had subsided and the bite on her shoulder healed, she had never felt better. Her senses were unbelievable, she could hear the slightest rustle from the leaves back towards Peter's car, she could smell the strong salty waters, and her eyes could zero in on the piece of driftwood from a mile away.

Peter had kept his promise. He helped her with the struggles most new werewolves had problems with. Helping her shield the painful truth away from her family and keeping her confidence high. He was patient and kind, falling in love with her even more. He was afraid that her beautiful innocent glow would disappear but it didn't, it had gotten brighter. Her yellow eyes excited him, she looked fierce but he knew deep down, she wasn't capable of things he was.

In the end, it wasn't Peter who broke his promise, it was Ella. Granted, Peter had driven her away but when it came down to it, it was Ella who ran.

They were only seventeen and even then Peter still struggled with the change, he hated full moons. It was as if all the control he had learned disappeared whenever the full moon came and it only made him angrier when Ella grasped it faster than he did. She had no troubles when it came to controlling her change, she had no choice, she had to grasp it. She'd spend all night trying to convert into her form and then quickly trying to snap out of it. Ella loved her wolf form, it was fun. She had always wondered what it was like to be a dog and she found her answer. Pure fun.

Peter became incoherent when the change took him, his mind was nonexistent and Ella had tried helplessly to get him to change back into the boy she had fallen in love with. But his true colors appeared when the full moon took control. It wasn't until that night that all his hatred, pain, sorrow, heinous, and wickedness came spilling out. It wasn't until that night that he had vowed to never again love someone. It wasn't until that night that his eyes turned from that pretty yellow into that cobalt blue.And it wasn't until that nightthat he learned to control his shift, anger and hostility is what kept him in line . It was that very concept that he used to help his nephew Derek with his change and problems of the moon trying to use it's control.

So, what happened to have caused this man to be who he now was? Simple, he lost control. Not on Ella, never on Ella. She was too in-tuned with him for Peter to have ever strike her. Who he lost control on could have might as well been her; slaughtering the whole entire Dux family was enough and a justifiable reason for Ella to run away. It wasn't intentional and it wasn't meant to happen, but it was that night that he had lost everything he had ever cared for.

Turning him to be a complete narcissistic, cunning, sarcastic, diabolical, and devious man.
♠ ♠ ♠
After watching the second episode of Teen Wolf, my Peter Hale attraction got worse.
Why must Ian Bohen be so god damn sexy.
I knew I was in trouble when he and Kate were down in the vault and Peter said, "Let's get angry."
Dunno why but it made me lose all control.

I really wanted to make up a reason to explain why he's the way he is.
Might be some smut, don't know yet. We'll see how it progresses.
I feel like I'm cheating on Stiles, but oh well.
OH. Malia will not be Peter's daughter in this, btw.