Buried Deep

Psychopath

Peter could be ruthless at times, completely irrational. Nonetheless, he was brainy and quite articulate. He had done more bad than good in his lifetime, but his brain wouldn't register it as being nothing less than Peter. It had been a long time since he had done anything that was remotely not about him. He was selfish in many ways than one, that was who he was.

The visions would still haunt him, regardless of the years that had passed since then. He couldn't get the look of absolute betrayal and fear on her face to go away. Those green pools of beauty staring back at him with wide eyes and a horrified expression. He'd never forget, but he could try. At times he succeeded, other times he miserably failed. It was his fault, really. He didn't look for her and he should have. Peter Hale should have fought to find the wolf he had turned and made his own.

He had loved her. Loved everything about her, from her refreshing green eyes to that blonde hair that would constantly fall in front of her face. And those lips, she had a permanent pout that drove him up the wall crazy. Sometimes he'd find himself begging to smell her scent again, the one that would make his mouth water and his eyes roll to the back of his head. But, he was fooling himself.

Peter lazily laid across Derek's couch, looking up and suppressing a groan when he saw Derek's entourage, "Are we having a party? Should I have brought out the party favors?" A thick smirk spread across his face, he was notorious for being sarcastic and quite the wise guy.

Stiles scoffed, "Somehow I feel you'd be an absolute buzz kill."

Peter stood up, shrugging his shoulders, "I'd like to think of myself being the life of the party, so to speak."

"Remind me to never to go a party with you," he retorted. Stiles still had high suspicions that Peter wasn't exactly on their side whether or not he claimed to be.

Peter chuckled, walking towards the group that surrounded Derek's map, "Ah, you and I run in two different circles." He placed his hands on the edge of the desk, leaning forward, "What are you doing?"

Scott knitted his eyebrows together as Derek started to mark the map down with red ink, "There's a wolf running along the town limits, Derek, Malia, and I have been keeping an eye on her. We don't know if she's trouble and things finally settled down, we're trying to keep it that way."

Peter rose an eyebrow, "Another werewolf, you sure it's not Cora?"

Derek rolled his eyes, "We know Cora's scent," he said, looking back down at the map that tracked the mysterious she wolf's movements and sighting, "besides Cora can't completely shape shift, this one's different. I feel like I know her," he scratched his head, "her scent's faint but it's familiar."

"And you're a hundred percent sure it's a her?" Peter asked, his hand stroking the stubble on his chin, he peered down at their tracking record, whoever this she was, she wasn't planning on making trouble. It looked like she was just stalking the town, like she was waiting for something.

Malia nodded, "It's definitely a she. Her scent isn't musky, it's light."

He nodded at her reply, suddenly curious, "What does she look like? Maybe I'll be able to put a name and a face to that lone wolf."

"You've been in a coma for like six years and then got your throat ripped out and rose from the dead a few weeks later and since then have been recovering," Stiles paused, "don't you think you've been out of the game for a while."

Peter ignored Stiles as he always did, "Tell me what she looked like, Scott."

Scott sighed, shrugging his hands, "She's small, fast, really fast, a bright white coat and really green eyes-"

"-stop." He gritted his teeth, his hands clutched the edge of the table, his jaw was tense, "Derek when you said you felt like you knew her, what made you think that? Just by her scent or did you look into her eyes?"

Derek crossed his arms, giving his uncle a good stare down before speaking, "When I looked into her eyes," Peter slammed a fist down on the surface, startling everyone, "wait, why?"

Peter inhaled deeply, his eyes growing hard, his heart quickening in it's pace, the visions swirling his head, giving him a slight migraine. He turned towards the group of the teenagers and Derek, his eyes turning that cobalt blue that signaled that he had killed the innocent at some point of life; but they had figured that much according to his number of murders the town had seen a few years ago, he turned towards Derek, "It's Ella."

"Ella? Who's Ella?" Stiles asked.

Derek swallowed thickly, making a slight face, "She's the reason why he's the way he is."

"What? A psychopathic killer with no empathetic feelings?" Stiles replied, his brown eyes narrowing slightly.

Derek winced, "Yeah, that."

"Okay, so how does a girl turn someone who's slightly normal into a total psychopath?"

Peter pushed off the table, his mind racing, what was she doing back to Beacon Hills? Why out of the blue did she show up? How did she survive this long? He growled thickly before grabbing his coat and sprinting towards the loft doors, leaving Derek to explain who this Ella was.

"I don't remember much of Ella, but all I do remember is that our family forced him to turn her or leave." Derek paused, crossing his arms, leaning against the wall, "He was in love so he turned her, they were just kids, around your age." He let that sink in for a moment, he had been there before, Peter convincing him to do the same to Paige, except Paige couldn't handle the change. "One night he lost control on the full moon and killed her whole family, brother, sisters, mom, dad, everyone. Ella witnessed it and she ran away. He's never seen her since and that was the night his eyes turned from yellow to blue and he's this-"

"-pyschoatic psychopath?" Stiles added.

Derek rolled his eyes, "Sure whatever." He shook his head, "Ella tamed him and because she ran away, his true colors showed." He stared out the window, his hands falling from his chest down to his side, "I don't know why she's back after all this time."

Scott exchanged glances with his friends, "Maybe she has a reason," he looked down at the map, "she isn't stepping foot into town, which is good but she's stalking. Why?"

Kira spoke up, slightly shy for even speaking, "Maybe she's keeping an eye out for something? Why else would you stay close to town and not go in?"

Lydia nodded, her lips pursed, "Kira has a point," she leaned forward, her finger pointing to markings, "she's staying within the town limits but she's not physically inside. She's pacing back and forth like she's watching and waiting. Waiting for a pack, maybe?"

Derek shook his head, "No, Peter turned her and she's part of his pack."

Stiles snorted, "She watched him murder her family, don't you think that's a big indicator that the pack is broken? And Scott was bit by him and he's not in his pack."

"Scott challenged Peter and he's his own Alpha." Derek took a deep breath, "Ella's just AWOL, an omega in some eyes." He chewed on the inside of his cheek.

Malia crossed her arms, trying to think like her old coyote self. "What will happen if Peter finds her?"

"A lot of things can happen," Derek muttered, "a fight for one. Nothing's worse than a pissed off she wolf."

She tilted her head, "If she wanted to fight Peter, she would have already. I mean she must know his scent and where to find him. We've been tracking for at least a week tops, that's plenty of time to find him. He's not exactly hiding."

Kira agreed, "Yeah, she's not concerned with him. But, back to Malia's question what would Peter do?"

Derek shrugged, "I honestly don't know."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to damongurl12 for commenting and recommending.
A thank you to Allbluerose for recommending as well.

Image