Buried Deep

Dilemma

"This is Ella..." Stiles trailed off, his eyes trailing over the blonde that stood awkwardly in the middle of Derek's loft. "The Ella that was all wolf like running around town? That one?" With seven pairs of eyes all staring her down trying to make sense of it all. He turned towards Scott, his voice hushed, "Dude, she's like hot. Not that Peter isn't a good looking guy to get her but she's really super hot."

Scott scratched the side of his head, his cheeks burning from embarrassment as Ella looked at the two with a slight smirk and a raised eyebrow, she had clearly heard every single word from his babbling friend. He cleared his throat, giving Stiles a look.

Ella pursed her lips, crossing her legs as she stood, "I'm flattered, I really am." Her green eyes narrowed into Stiles' brown orbs, "But, I'm a werewolf not a cougar. So if we can move past furthering embarrassing yourself that would be greatly appreciated." She ended her note with a signature smile that Peter had been waiting to see.

Stiles choked on his intake of air, trying to laugh away the obvious pain of embarrassment, "Hey, I was just you know-so-yeah-" he stumbled over his words, his eyes crinkling, "-can't be that much-how old are you anyway?"

She shrugged, "Not nearly as young as you may think but not as old either."

He groaned, scrubbing his face with her vague answer, flickering an annoyed look towards Peter, "Why don't you people ever just answer my questions?!"

Peter chuckled, his body lazily strewn on the couch with his legs propped up on the coffee table, "She's thirty two."

"Thank YOU!" He sighed but then quickly rose an eyebrow and gawked again at the blonde, "Whoa, what? really?"

Ella rolled her eyes, "Like I said, not a cougar. You're like what," she paused, her eyebrow rising, "twelve?"

Stiles narrowed his eyes, "Oh ha ha." He turned towards Scott, "You know for someone who's hardly been here for twenty seconds, she's managed to bruise and crush my ego to microscopic dust."

Scott ignored his friend, her peered over towards Ella, Stiles had a point, she was pretty. Not someone he would imagine Peter being in love with, come to think of it, Scott couldn't really imagine Peter loving anyone but himself. But, Derek had told them the story and it made sense to a point. "Where did you find her?'" He had to admit, he was quite impressed that Peter had managed to find her. Scott, Derek, and Malia could never get close enough to ask her questions when she was running around town.

He shrugged, "She found me," he smirked towards the blonde haired beauty, "breaking and entering is so ideal nowadays."

Kira spoke up, her brown eyes lacing with curiosity, "Did you guys fight or anything? I mean considering you mauled her family."

Peter winced at her choice of words, "We've cleared that up."

Ella scoffed, "No, you're still due for a major ass kicking." Her eyes gleamed yellow, "I'll be mopping your blood up with your own body."

He rolled his eyes, "Such a vivid image you provided me with, El."

Stiles snickered, "I like her."

Peter stood up from his spot, gliding across the loft towards the group, "I think you've made that very clear, Stiles. Now if we can continue back on track to why we're hanging out with a bunch of adolescents-"

"-honestly, I'd rather hang out with them than you." This time Ella snickered.

He rolled his eyes again, "Ah, well."

"So, are you guys still together or what?" Lydia asked, "Because it seems like there's an awful lot of flirting."

Peter slung an arm around Ella's shoulders, "We're still a work in progress." In the seconds he had his arm around her, it wasn't. She tore his arm off of her spinning it around and pinning it to his back.

She purred, "Don't touch me, Hale."

He started to mumble, "Didn't have a problem with it yesterday."

Lydia smirked, clamping her mouth shut, she lifted her hands up as if that had answered her questions, "Say no more."

Ella let go of Peter and turned towards Derek, "Moving on, do you know who Unum is?"

Derek crossed his arms, "Yeah, my mother used to tell me stories about him-"

"-well can you elaborate for those who've missed mother wolf's bedtime stories?" Stiles said.

He hugged, trying his hardest to ignore the brown haired spazz, "Unum was a power obsessed werewolf who killed anything in his path to gain power." Derek narrowed his eyes, brows knitting together, "But, he's a myth, a legend."

Ella scoffed, "Wrong, about the myth part and you left one teeny tiny detail."

Peter rubbed his shoulder, "Yeah, he's got an army of Blemmyes."

Scott frowned, "An army doesn't sound like a minor detail."

"That's because it's not, I'm not the only one who speaks fluently in sarcasm." He stretched out his shoulder before crossing his arms, "If you thought the whole Nogitsune was a pain in the ass, wait till you hear about what these pleasant and enjoyable creatures are."

"Comparing Notgitsunes and Blemmyes, you'd rather shack up with a Nogitsune." She leaned back onto Derek's desk, crossing her legs slightly, her elbows resting on the black surface, "Blemmyes are ruthless and cannibalistic, normally they stick to the north and anywhere cold but Unum controls these beasts." She bit her lip, she had encountered one a long time ago and the memories weren't fun. "They prey on the innocent and worst of all, they can transform humans into them, strengthening their numbers or just eating you to the point of oblivion."

The coyote spoke up, "How do they turn you?"

Peter shrugged, "That's the fun part, " he paused, "they invade your dreams, force you to take part in their cannibalistic rituals. But that's not the worst part, my kids. They're not satisfied with just one kill, it multiplies. It's like their hunger is never quenched, they only get hungrier."

"So how do we stop them from coming?"

Peter scoffed, "It's easier said than done, princess."

"The only way to stop these creatures is by taking out the one that controls them. Unum isn't exactly your typical werewolf, he's so much more than that. He's unbelievably smart, cunning, strong, and tactical. He's so in tune with his enemies that he knows what moves you'll make before you make them." Ella locked eyes with Scott, "That's why this pack you have, will throw him off his game."

"So we hope," Peter started, "Unum isn't just called The One for nothing. He knows everything and anything." He rubbed his neck, dreading the day the legend would finally make his appearance in his town, "It's not about trying to kill him, it's more about trying to remove him from the equation all together. It's like a game, it needs to be strategic. You can't go out there and be all nilly willy."

Ella nodded, "It's tricky too because he's been around for centuries, he's come back from the dead more times than your brains can count."

Stiles swallowed hard, "Oh great another potential psychopath."

Peter flashed him a look, "We've been over this, I'm not a complete and total psychopath."

Ella snorted, "Yes you are." She crossed her arms, "You're a complete and total narcissistic sociopath."

Lydia interrupted before Peter could argue, "Okay, so why are we trying to kill him if he keeps coming back from the dead? Doesn't seem all that smart. And why is he coming now?"

Ella shrugged, "It takes a long time for someone to rise from the dead and it takes a lot of energy. If you guys manage to kill him, he's not gonna come back. He's a genius not an idiot, he wouldn't come back for revenge. If he knows you can defeat him once, he knows you could do it again." She pursed her lips, "And as for coming to Beacon Hills, he's similar to the Nogitsune, he likes chaos and strife. But, you guys awoke the Nemeton and it draws things like him here."

Malia made a face, "Nemeton?"

Stiles leaned forward, "I'll explain later."

"The Nemeton needs to be turned off but that's easier said than done too. But, we've got bigger things to worry about, Unum will take his time coming. He might be weeks, months but he'll come when you least expect it-"

"-but that doesn't mean it's going to take his creatures of death that long."

Lydia rose an eyebrow, "Well what do they look like?"

Peter and Ella exchanged looks before both uttering out, "Terrifying."

"Yeah, no shit Sherlock. We got that part." Stiles muttered.

Peter chuckled, his blue eyes glowing that disastrous blue, "For one they're headless, giant creatures is an understatement. It's like something that came from your scary comic book collection." Peter sighed as he started to list off the characteristics, "Tall, boney, pointy fingers with claws the size of your fingers, a gaping mouth in the middle of it's chest, eyes that can detect movement from a mile away, a blood stained carcass basically." He flickered a look towards Stiles, "Would you like me to go on?"

He shook his head, "Nope, I-uh-I got it."

Kira bit her lip, "So can we kill these things or?"

Peter snorted, "Oh yeah, you can try. You won't get very far," these kids weren't understanding the severity of the situation, "they're cannibalistic demons from hell."

Ella narrowed her eyes, slapping Peter up the side head, "Shut up," she turned her focus back towards the young ones, "they have a weak spot but you have to be accurately precise and it needs to be done with a silver bullet."

Scott's heart ached slightly, his voice barely audible, "Where's Allison when you need her?" He looked up at Ella's confused expression, he cleared his throat, "She was a uh friend of ours, recently passed."

Kira sighed, Allison would have been the answer to their prayers, her eyes brightened, she jumped slightly in her stance, "Oh? What about her dad?"

"Yay, someone who wants to kill me."

Ella let a smirk tug at her lips, "Glad I'm not the only one."

"Hey! We're even, I thought we cleared thi up." He watched her kick off from the desk and head towards the loft doors, "I told you we were even."

Ella rolled her eyes, "Yeah, you said we're even, I said we weren't even close to being even." Before she exited the loft, she turned towards Scott, "Talk it over with whoever the fox is talking about. Sadly, I'll be with this egotistical moron and if you need me, you know where to find me." She closed the doors, turning towards Peter, her eyes turned hard, "You are such a pain in the ass."

Peter flashed a smirk, "What can I say, some people can't handle my charm." He took a step forward, his hand grazing her cheek, "Speaking of charm, why don't we pick up where we left off-"

"-how about no." She moved away from his touch, "Fourteen years can't be easily dismissable for me as it is for you, Peter." Ella took a deep breath and pushed past him, calling out to him after a few feet, "Come on, Hale. I'm getting over the whole picking your lock."

"Oh, but you do it so well." Peter retorted, trailing after her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Meh. This is more of like a filler.
Giving you a background on what's going
to be happening in between Peter and Ella.

I was originally using Wendigos but then I watched
the episode from Monday and quickly changed it to Blemmyes.

damongurl125
unapalomayunaflor
Bambi Ray
thank you for commenting

Image