Buried Deep

Shift

Ella's eyes fluttered open, her body feeling as if it had been run over by an eighteen wheeler, she sat up slowly, her hand rushing to her sides, "What the hell happened?" Her eyes adjusted to her surroundings, realizing she was somewhere foreign. Her green orbs soon found a dark skinned man with a kind face, "Who are you?"

Deaton ignored her question for a moment when he pulled out his stethoscope, listening to her heart beat he started, "I'm Alan Deaton, I'm a friend of your friends." He set down his scope, and picked up a light, shining it in her eyes, watching her pupils dialate. "Do you remember anything? Your name? Your hometown?"

Her hand came up softly to move the light away from her face, her hands gripping the edge of the table to slide off, she winced in pain, "I know I feel like shit." She glanced over towards the familiar blue eyed man, "Peter, what's going on?"

His head snapped up, his brows meeting, his lips pursed as he stared at the doctor, "I thought you said she wouldn't remember anything."

Deaton gave Ella a peculiar look, "She isn't."

"Remember?" Ella repeated, "What the hell is going on?"

Peter rose from the chair, his hand rubbing his jaw, swallowing thickly, "El, you ever heard of a soul snatcher?"

Her eyebrow rose, "Yeah," her heart started to sink as she felt the sudden pang of something missing within her body. Her chest rose and fell, her green eyes hardening as she stared down at the ground, "is this why I feel so horrible?" Her eyes finally met his, seeing the guilt clear as day through his eyes.

"Yeah." He broke the gaze, his body twitching from anger.

Deaton stood there puzzled, his mind working in overdrive to figure out why the young woman standing before him remembered everything, his eyes squinting as he argued within his head over the possibilities, "Ella," she turned her head, "do you feel like you're wolf is gone?"

She took a deep breath, trying to push past the pain and ache, "I don't know-" She keeled over from the sudden pain that shot through her spine, she landed with a loud thud, her palms flat on the cold hard ground, her body going through short bursts of spasms, growling in pain.

Peter jumped back, his eyes widening at the sight before him. Her spine rippled as if she were shifting into her other form, she clenched her hands and then quickly sprawled them out with each burst of shrieks left her mouth. It lasted a minute or so before she collapsed on her side, panting from the pain. His mouth hung open, his eyes burning a hole into her body, "That looked painful."

The doctor nodding, bending down to gingerly lift the blonde up from the ground, "I'm afraid your situation just got worse."

"What do you mean worse?" She growled, shoving Deaton's hands off of her as she leaned on the table for support, "What the hell was that?" She took in deep breaths, her body aching ten times worse than before.

He inhaled deeply, choosing his words carefully, "When one is ripped away from their being, it's as if they were never one before. But, when one is not entirely ripped away, just half. It causes subcinctus recessum which is a shift withdrawal. Your body still thinks it's a wolf while your mind does not." Deaton closed his eyes, gritting his teeth, "The soul snatcher must have retrieved half of a half of what you are."

Ella whined as she grabbed her sides, another rippling feeling shooting through her body, except this time it made her bend over to vomit blood. Peter rushed to her side, his eyes scanning over her, wondering what exactly he had to do to make her stop. He never got to see the pain he caused her when he slashed each of her family's throats, but seeing her in pain like this, made his mind spin.

Peter barked, "Do something!"

The doctor raised his hands in submission, "There's not much I can do. Most subsinctus ressum's last only a few days. The only think you can do is wait it out. Her body is trying to shift with the sliver of the supernatural she has within her. I can't make it think anything otherwise until her body goes through it all."

"So she's just going to be bending and breaking while she throws up blood?" Peter snapped.

"I'd advise you take her somewhere where she won't be heard, it's going to get worse and you're going to witness how much the human body can truly with stand." He bit his lip as he stared at the blonde with blood sliding down her chin, "The worst is yet to come, Ella. You need to relax when it does, I know it's easier said then done but until your body is done trying to shift, it's going to be unlike anything you've ever experienced."

Image

"Wait how is that even possible?" Malia questioned, her mind racing through the million questions she had on the tip of her tongue.

Peter shrugged his shoulders, annoyed that once again his life seemed to attract teenagers. "I don't know, I didn't ask. I don't want to know."

Derek had his arms crossed against his chest, his mind racing with a few of his own questions as well, "Well, by the sounds of it, it doesn't look like it's going so well for her."

Stiles skidded out of the bedroom, they had taken hourly shifts to keep an eye on the blonde, making sure everything was going as smoothly as it could. His hand gripped his stomach, his steps making him look disoriented, "Okay, why does she decide to do something when I have to watch her."

Peter stood up fast, "What's happened?"

"Oh god, the sounds of bones cracking, and her growls, I can'-"

"-oh for the love of." Peter rushed into the room, his steps light and quick as he reached her bedside. His cold heart ached at the flustered and pale flushed face, sweat trickling down her forehead. "Ella-"

"-just don't." She whined, her body wrenching underneath the blanket, she bit down on her lip hard, wanting to keep from screaming out. She felt like someone was taking a hammer and hitting it on every single nerve she had in her body. She closed her eyes tight as she arched her back, hoping to relieve some of the pain.

Peter's jaw clenched as he watched her go through the five minute phase of her body trying to change. It killed him, he'd never admit it but even then he didn't have to. It was written clear as day on his face. For once in everyone else's eyes Peter wasn't a threat, he was vulnerable. The women had obviously done their part in repeating every so often at how bad they felt for him but the men kept their heads leveled.

Derek knew his uncle, if there was sliver of a chance that Ella wouldn't make it, his true colors would shine once more. Wrecking havoc on their home, threatening to expose the truth once again. It wasn't that he didn't feel for his uncle, he did, he understood exactly what it was like losing the you loved but under his circumstances, Derek didn't at the same.

"Make it go away," she pleaded, her voice cracking for the hurt and unbearable pain.

Those words killed him, she had repeated those same words when he had first turned her but back then he knew she was going to be alright. He reached under the covers for her hand, squeezing it lightly, "I wish I could, El. I wish I could."

She gave a meek smile, her eyes fluttering, "Hurts like a bitch, way worse then that night." Ella swallowed hard as they both thought back to the night that he made her his. Ella let out a soft squeal, Peter felt her hand spasm underneath his touch, but he didn't dare let go. Once that episode was over, she fell limply against the pillow, her body breathing slowly to recuperate, "You should get some sleep, Peter. You've been with me practically the whole time."

"I don't need sleep and I'm not going anywhere."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm just gonna say that I love that most of you got my little shout out to Harry Potter.
I was inspired by the dementors and come on, it sounds like something they would do, right? Well they do do that but you know what I mean.

acid_rain88
damon_gurl12
damageddive2012
thanks for commenting
and thanks for any new recs


Image