Status: Please give it a try and give me some feedbacks! :)

Look at Me

Prologue - The Beginning

Rachel Harper hurried across the hall in order to catch up with Viktor Spielberg, her boyfriend of a year. She might call him her "boyfriend" although they weren't really clear about their relationship. About a year ago, Viktor started talking to her in between classes in the halls of University of Minnesota. At the age of 19, she had been freshman, just out of high school, and yes, very naive. He was two years older than her, making him 21, at that time. Now, after a year in their relationship, she was a sophomore and he was a senior and graduating. Before he went on, she wanted to make things clear between them.

Their relationship had not been founded on a traditional way. She was a simple girl from Anoka, MN. She wasn't genius-smart but she was definitely above average that's why getting into UM's geomatics program was not hard for her. Viktor Spielberg was an engineering student. He did not really have to work hard for it since right from the beginning, he already knew he would have his own engineering firm. He would be the CEO and would probably be just handling transactions and deals and not the actual planning. His family was worth billions and get most of their profit through their engineering firms. Of course, Viktor knew that once his Dad knew that Viktor is capable of being a CEO, his Dad would step down and let him take over, since he was the oldest among the six siblings.

Rachel was dazed by Viktor. She was a bit shy and naive, and he was popular, rich and oh so good-looking. Not that she is not pretty, she is, but she just did not have the confidence to flaunt it. How they met? Oh, it's simple. He approached her and asked her to a party. Even though all the logic in her body told her to say no, her stupid heart said yes. From the get go, she had a big crush on Viktor and was surprised when he actually asked her... to a party! It may not be a date but they would still go together. And that started a string of actual dates, where he took her out to the movies, high class restaurants where only billionaires go and places like that.

Her views on him? Love? Hardly. Although it would be considered "really like". Yes, she really liked him. Until the day where he dropped her a news. He told her flatly, in front of her face, that their relationship was just a fling for him. Nothing more than a little arrangement. She was furious at first.

"What!?"

"Yeah babe, just to be clear, we are not serious", he said while he can't seem to find his cool.

"What do you mean?"

"This... this is just a fling. Between you and me", he found it hard to say out lout. Harder tha he thought. "You know this isn't going anywhere, right? This is just all for fun", he continued. He know a lot of people from his parents' circle of friends who had some girlfriends who are eager to marry, for the money, maybe? He won't be one of the poor guys who is pressured to marry their girlfriends.

She knew it. She knew it would all come down to this. Why did she agreed to "date" him again? Normally, she would pout and maybe even cry at this kind of situation, but not today.

"But why?..."

"What do you mean but why?"

"Why me? why did you do this? why?"

"Not gonna lie, you are beautiful and perky. Trust me, I am attracted to you. I guess I just want someone to be with during parties and attending events that my parents wanted me to go to. Someone to flaunt to my friends. It's really hard to find some like that you know... some girls just see my money unlike you. You are really different. You are not boring. Most definitely perfect for the job."

"So you are using me? How dare you!?" She almost couldn't control her emotions. But she kept it anyway. She deserve a pat on the back for that considering the situation.

"Oh no I'm no-...." now that he thought about it, he started to have some doubts. "I'm sorry babe, I guess I'm telling you now just so you know. This is just a fling for us. Now I will give you two options, we can end this right here right now or we can continue our... ah... arrangement and just have some fun with it and see where it goes and when it stops. Your call. "

She tried to think. Could she let go of him yet? He just slightly broken her heart moment ago. But why is she leaning to staying in the relationship. She must be crazy. The more she think about it, the more benefit of the doubt she was giving to him. He admitted and came clean to her. That must count for something, right?

She knew she was about to make a second big mistake. "I want things to stay where they are". What did she just do? She just hoped when thing end, she would feel happy. Yeah right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please tell me what you think!