Status: Please give it a try and give me some feedbacks! :)

Look at Me

Chapter 9 - The Truth

Viktor wouldn't admit to to anyone and to himself but he was actually thinking about Rachel's secret. During their first argument, she did not really answered why she left without a word. Now it was starting to make sense. she really did have a secret that she was not telling him.

He decided to take matters into his own hands and hire a private investigator.

Someone answered after the second ring.

"Hello Viktor. Got something for me again?" The voice was obviously from Private Investigator Ryan. Pi. Ryan has worked for the company for about fifteen years now. Pi. He was a very eligible for the job since he had thirty years of experience in espionage and intelligence. He actually worked for the government during the last few years of the Cold War.

"Actually I do. It's not business related by the way." He had to say that because all of Pi. Ryan's past assignment had been business related, whether it's tracking material suppliers' malicious activities or behind the door deals that the competitors make.

"I'm listening."

"You will find it easy. I promise. Considering that you worked during the Cold War, I'm sure you will find me information about a single person."

"So this single person is not business related, right?"

"Yes."

"So it's personal, then."

"Yes." Viktor said quickly.

"You want me to stalk someone for you? I never thought you'd stoop so low."

"No.. I mean yes. But not that... never mind. Yes, I want you to give me information about this person but not stalk her."

"It's a girl so I'm assuming-"

"Don't assume anything. Just please listen first. Her name is Rachel Harper. I'll email you more information about her. Give me everything major that has happened to her in the last four years. Anything at all. However, it must be enough to make her move to Milwaukee from here. You know, give me something that might make her move. Anything at all. I expect it by tomorrow morning."

"That is too soon. I'm going to need more time."

"Well, I need it tomorrow. Do you think you can handle it?" Viktor really wanted to talk to Rachel sooner rather than later. Pi. Ryan is going to have to rush.

"Ok. Well then, bye."

"Ok." He hung up the phone. Tomorrow, he will have an idea on why Rachel left all of a sudden. Does she really have a secret? He will make her explain everything tomorrow.

Viktor was having a sip of coffee. He always liked it strong. The phone rings. That must be Pi. Ryan.

"Hello."

"Yes, Viktor." It was really Pi. Ryan.

"So you got anything for me?"

"I think considering that you gave me such short period of time and she had been from Wisconsin, I did good. Ready to hear what I found out?"

"Sure, spill it."He didn't sound too excited about it but it was actually killing him.

"She has children. A fraternal twin." Rachel has children and doesn't even bother to tell him? Why does he care anyway? It's none of his business. " And get this. She is not married and had never been married. She's a single mother. She has a daughter and a son. Now, I don't know if any of these relates to her eventual move to Milwaukee, but instinct and thirty years of experience told me that that is enough to make someone move to a different place, especially when theyr'e running from something, or from the looks of it, from someone."

"Do you know who the father is? Do you know how old are they?"

"As I said, Viktor, you gave me a short period of time and the records are from Wisconsin. They won't give information easily to someone from out of state. That's all I have."

He doesn't know what to say. He couldn't even think of anything. It's better to hang up for now. "That will be all. Thanks. Just contact my secretary, you know the drill."

"Okay, Viktor. See you and good luck, it seems like you need it."

Viktor tried to segregate all the information but all he can think about are questions. Who was the father of the children? Is she still seeing him? Are they still together? They are not married but that doesn't mean they are separated. How does it relate to her leaving him? Is it even related to why she left? Probably not.

He tried to ask himself why did he care so much if she had children. He actually planned on making a move on her again. He still likes her, he admitted to himself. He was planning on making them together again and he was just waiting for them to be "friends" again.

Not that Rachel having children from other man bothers him, what bothers him is the other man. He had not share before and he was not going to start now. Rachel was his and only his.

It was a saturday morning so he was sure Rachel was in her apartment. In a few moments, they are going to have a showdown round two. He had her address filed so all he had to do was look it up from the company's record on employees. He reached the apartment complex which was actually found in one of the safer neighbourhoods. At least the kids are a little safer. He was already caring for Rachel's kids and he had not even met them yet.

I was a usual saturday morning for Rachel. They just had breakfast, she was cleaning up and the kids are watching their cartoons. Suddenly the buzzer went off. Who could that be? A salesperson? A neighbour? She'll never guess who.

Out of habit, she opened the door without looking at the peephole. She had never looked in there before and she was actually regretting having that habit now. It was Viktor.

"What are you doing here? I can tell right now, you got the wrong address." She said, looking annoyed. She was annoyed because he looked so good and her body is betraying her again.

Her kids! She needed air, she felt like her lungs is giving up. He must not see them. She moved the door so he could only see her eyes through the crack. It was practically closed.

"I actually came for you. Open up. We need to talk."

"We have nothing to talked about. The last time we talk, it didn't turn out well. Go away!" She tried to push the door. His foot was already put forward to she could not really close it. He, like her, pushed the door. Since he was stronger, he won.

He stepped inside her apartment which made Rachel really angry. "What do you think you're doing!? You can't just enter someone's home! that's trespassing!"

"I told you Rachel, I just want to talk. Calm down. I promise it won't turn into an argu-"

"Mom who is he? Is he being mean to you, mom?" The voice came from a little boy. Viktor looked to the little boy's direction. It's safe to say that both Rachel and Viktor stood frozen in their place. For Rachel, her secret is out and the end of the world for her. For Viktor, it was a shocking discovery.

When he looked at the boy, it made him feel like he was looking at the toddler version of himself. Growing up, there was a lot fo pictures of their house. He knew exactly what he looked like when he was this boy's age, which he was assuming is about 3 or 4.

The boy had the same dark blond hair as he had. His eyes are sparkling green, same as his. The overall look of the boy made him a mini Viktor. This boy was definitely Viktor's son. It all made sense now. Rachel must have gotten pregnant but why did she walk away? He'll find out soon but he's going to know his son first. Oh, he was so happy with a son, he forgot he had a daughter too.

Somewhere in his heart, he was feeling anger towards Rachel too for keeping them away from him. However, that's for some other time.

"Hi little buddy. I was not being mean to your Mom. We're just.. talking. What;s your name?" He said as he walked towards him and

"I'm Oscar." The boy was looking at him with curiosity.

"How old are you, Oscar?"

"I'm three. Who are you?" He made put his hands up with his fingers vurled that actually say two. Viktor just had to smile at it.

"Me? You can call me Dad." He was sure Rachel almost fainted.

"Oscar, Spongebob is back! You're gonna miss him!" Then a little girl appeared.She looked just like Oscar and him. Just softer and obviously feminine. Although It was still obvious the she was also Viktor's daughter. She continued "Hi Mom! Hi stranger."

"He said to call him Dad." Oscar said wearily.

"What's your name, young princess?"

"I'm Alice." Alice and Oscar. Such good names. Kudos to Rachel.

"Mom, is he our Dad?" Oscar asked and everybody, including Viktor, looked to Rachel waiting eagerly for her response.

"Yes" was all she could muster.

Alice and Oscar's eyes glimmered with happiness. "We have a Dad!?"

"Yay!"

Alice put her hands up which means she wanted up but Viktor doesn't know that. He looked confused but little Alice helped him. "I want up, Daddy!" She carried her into his arms and she gave him a hug.

"Me too!" Oscar said as he jumped as high as he could. Viktor picked him out on his other hand. Now, both of his kids are in his arms, both giving him hugs. He was speechless.

"We finally have a Daddy!" Alice said with tears in her eyes.

"Yes, and I'll never leave you ever again."

All Rachel can do was watch as she failed her mission, to hide to children from Viktor. At the same time, she was happy because her children were happy.

Soon enough, Viktor is gonna be after her.