Status: Please give it a try and give me some feedbacks! :)

Look at Me

Chapter 11 - The Truce

Rachel fell asleep in the bedroom with Viktor. The blissful was sleep felt like forever even though it was just a nap. She felt like everything was perfect with him. Throughout their sleep, she was curled up beneath Viktor's arms. She felt like she's home.

She woke up feeling better and sore. She had not been with other men since Viktor. Now that she thought about it, she just realized, she had only been with Viktor her whole adult life. she felt irresponsible. What would the Spielbergs think once they realized that Rachel and Viktor was gone for a long time. Her children are probably looking for her now.

She looked around the bed and realized Viktor wasn't there anymore. Great. After he got his quick roll in the hay, he'd leave like it was nothing. But she enjoyed it too, right? She had received something from it too. she enjoyed it just like he did.

She gathered her clothes and quickly put it back on. She just hoped she didn't look like she was just ravished. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door followed by a "Rachel, are you awake yet?" It was definitely Viktor.

"Yes. I'm awake. You can come in." His looks told her Viktor felt like nothing just happened. It made confused. Are they still mad at each other? Are they back together now? Are they a couple?

"Good, you're dressed. Lunch is in fifteen minutes. You'll have to be there." Viktor will make sure his siblings and parents would get the answers they wanted from Rachel about everything.

"Viktor, where are the kids? Are they looking for me now? They must been wondering why I'm still gone. Where are they?"

"Relax. They were with Emma the last time I saw them. I doubt they're still with her since all my sibling are fighting over them. Do you really think they would let something bad happen to my children? And by the way, it's quite the opposite actually, they were having fun. I'm sure it was a change of environment for them, you having a lot of people around."

"That's good to know. Oh and I need to use the bathroom. I can't get down there with me looking like this." She looked like a mess. Though a hot one, a mess nevertheless.

He pointed her the nearest bathroom and she quickly prepared and composed herself.

About ten minutes later, she descended down the stairs to find Viktor waiting for her.

"Let's go, they will start eating now and would appreciate if you eat us today."

"Sure, let's go." There was no doubt, the Spielbergs are going to fire questions at her.

They headed to the mansion's main dining area. In the way to the dining area, she noticed how the mansion felt homey. It didn't feel like a museum or an antique shop like most rich people's houses do. Instead of expensive painting on the wall, there was a lot fo family pictures. Lots and lots of them. She actually saw a black and white photo of Klaus Spielberg, Viktor's great-grandpa who started their billion dollar company. Nevertheless, the mansion showed elegance and class.

"Oh there they are..." Margaretha saw her brother and Rachel.

"You two, have a set, please. I'll get the food ready. Robin, dear, will you help me get them here?"

"Sure, Mom." Although they most definitely could afford to hire a big staff, they didn't. Anette and Nikolas liked doing things by themselves. Their philosophy is that just because they were rich, it doesn't mean they don't have to work hard. They passed it on to their children. However, due to their old age, they hired one servant to help them around and one gardener for all the works outdoors.

Soon, everyone is at the table and the food is ready. Viktor and Rachel sat beside each other because Viktor was going to be asked too. Fortunately for them, having a busy day, the kids are taking a nap so they would not witness anything that's going to happen. The questions are about to begin.

"So, you two... what did you talked about?" It was Nikolas, Viktor's father. All of the

"Dad, we talked about why she left. I guess it was not entirely her fault. I had some mistakes too. We had established that and we had a truce. It's both our fault." She did not remember anything about the truce but he admitted his fault so she'll take it.

Now it was Emma's turn. "So Rachel, what about the children? Why did you not let him know? I mean you met him during your interview, you could have told him there."

"Truth be told, I honestly did not know how he would react. I was scared. I did not know whether he'd accept our children. I don't know if he'll get mad at me. I even thought maybe he'd take them away from me. I was just lost." She was uneasy with all the eyes pointing at her.

"So you figured you won't tell him at all? They could have grew up without knowing who Viktor was." Anette asked her.

"I was planning on telling them about Viktor, not just Viktor about them."

The rest of the lunch came in a flash. It did not go a s bad as she was thinking. There wasn't really an argument. It more like an interview. they had asked her about most things that Viktor had already asked her. Her answers to them were pretty much the same. At least they did not hate me as much as I think they would, thought Rachel

After lunch, she asked William to show her where are the kids sleeping and he gladly accompanied her to one of the smaller rooms upstairs. The room may be small, but it was fully furnished. It was obvious the room was made for kids. An old nursery, maybe?

Her kids looked peaceful. She studied them. No wonder Viktor did not ask for a paternity test, it was obvious they were his. All she could do was smile at it. They may have gotten his looks but their strong, spirited and perky personality was for sure, hers.

Viktor quietly entered the room. She almost didn't hear him. "Hey, Rachel, how are you feeling after everything that has happened?"

"I'm fine. I really am. I just realized that they deserve answers from me so all their questions was al fine."

"That's good. We need to talk." They certainly do. They have to figure out the next step. All their decisions would affect Oscar and Alice greatly. They must think about that thoroughly. They also need to talk about the status of their relationship. They just made love, but that doesn't mean they are actually together again.

"I agree, I think we do. What are you going to do now? You know about them already?"

"I', not sure yet. I still have to figure things out. Here's what I'll tell you though, I will not be away from them ever again. Got that?"

"Well. I'll never be away from them too. I'm their mother, they need me! You just met them!"

"You're right. I just met them. Here's my idea. Why don't we give ourselves, let's say, a month, for me to get to know them. They'll get to know me and I'll get to know them. I'll make sure they know that I did not abandon them and that I would have been there with them had you told me about them. I'll have to know what they do and don't like about everything. I have to know whether they'd prefer to live in a house or a penthouse because, yes Rachel, they will be living with me." Not gonna happen in a million years. she started to protest but he did not let her. "I'm not done. I expect you to just got with my plan. If you do and I might be nice to you and give us a fair visitation schedule. If you continually defy me just like you always do, I'll make sure to get full custody over them."

"I could not even have a say with my children's future?!"

"Actually, Rachel, our children. And yes, you don't. After all your secrecy and everything, you don't deserve any of my consideration. But obviously, the kids might need you so I am willing to have a fair visitation schedule. As I said, once you provoke that trust, I'm going to have get full custody."

"So what now? You're just simply going to take them away from me!? Right now?! Over my dead body! I will do everything to make sure in the end, they're with me.

"I won't take them today. They will still live with you for a month. As I said, I'll just get to know them in a month, they will still live with you I'll just visit them or take them somewhere several times a week."

"Then what's next? Custody battle? Because I will stand my ground, Viktor."

"I'm a billionaire. I hope you realize that I could hire the best legal team in all of USA. You on the other hand, what do you have?" That amide her think. Although her job at HS Group pays handsomely, it was just enough to make a crack on her loans. Even if she does not have loans to pay, it would still be not enough to hire a legal team as good as Viktor's. Not to mention, he was her boss, too. He could cut off her income anytime. She was really on the loosing end here.

"Viktor, please, don't do that. What do you want me to do?"

"Make me happy."

"What do you mean by that!?"

"Nothing in particular." He said with a lopsided grin.

"One more thing, Viktor. How would you describe us?"

"Us?"

"Yeah, we just had sex and you're the father of my children but I'm pretty sure we can't stand each other's guts right now. What are we?" He did not have a chance to answer her question because their sleeping children are starting to wake up. Although given the chance to answer the question, he does not know what to say either.They were not boyfriends and girlfriends, at least not since she had left. They were obvious still feeling attraction for each other. Together, they had created a children although they were really not together. He did not know if there's even a word for their relationship.

"Hi Mom! Hi Dad!" The kids' energy was refilled because of the nap.

"Hi baby, you and your brother fell asleep. You must have done a lot of things." Normally, they'd be grumpy every time they wake up from a nap, especially this early. However, today was different.

"Yes! Aunt Emma showed us a round the house and it was so big! There was a pool at the back! That's so cool. She showed us the puppies at the back. They were so cute!"

"That's nice honey." It was obvious Alice and Oscar had "clicked" with Viktor's family. They did not even asked for Rachel while she was with Viktor in the room. "And Mom! There were horses too! They're so big. Uncle Robin showed us!"

"Did you ever get to ride them?" Viktor asked excitedly.

"No. He said we're too small. He would have ride with us but he said he does not know how." They giggled.

"Well, I know how. I'll make sure to ride with you sometime soon."

Alice was not finished with her story. "I asked aunt Emma if a princess lives here and she said she was a princess." Viktor and Rachel laughed.

"Ohhh Emma is an unbelievable lady." said Rachel. Viktor agreed to her. "Indeed."

"Aunt Emma also said I could be the next princess that lives here!" she said excitedly.

Rachel hoped not. It was ironic because nobody had the idea on what they just talked about. She was hoping the Alice would not be the "next princess" of the mansion because that would only mean she lost the custody battle.