Status: Please give it a try and give me some feedbacks! :)

Look at Me

Chapter 12 - The Bonding

It was a monday morning. Rachel was ready for another word day because she had a relaxing sunday the day before. Fortunately for her, she was assigned to the site today, meaning she would not be in the office. She wasn't sure if she could face any of the Spielbergs after what happened in the weekend.

Viktor was true to his words, Viktor was quick about his plan on wanting to get to know his children. He was willing to be absent on work today just to be with Oscar and Alice. Perks of being the boss of your own company. Rachel had asked her Mom not to come in and babysit today.

"Hurry up Oscar! Viktor.. ahh.. your father will be here soon!" She was still not over the idea of her children calling Viktor their Dad.

"Where are we going, Mom?" said Oscar as he hurried to Rachel.

"I don't know honey."

"Are you coming with us?" Now it was Alice's turn to ask.

"No, honey. It will be just you and your father."

"Why? Come with us Mom!" She had to smile at how much questions they had. They talking skill was better than most kids their age. When they were still babies, she would talk straight straight to them. Now, she would always have the pride of saying that her children talks better than other kids.

"I can't, honey. I have to go to work."

"Don't go." She wished it was that easy. Her kids are gonna have to learn a lot about being an adult.

"I have to go to work or else we won't have money. Besides, I have to ask my boss. He's a scary and mean. He won't like it."

"Isn't Dad you boss, Mommy?"

"Well, yes but I have other bosses. Ok?" Her supervisor was really nice but she does not want to push his buttons. The leader of operations was mean and scary. She definitely won't be absent without serious reasons.

"But Mooooom!" The buzzer rings. That must be Viktor. " It's fine, Oscar. you will have fun with your father." She said as she opened the door. Sure enough, it was him.

"Hi Rachel."

"Good morning, Viktor."

"Are the kids ready?"

"I believe they are. Oscar! Alice! Your father is here!"

"Daddy!" Oscar and Alice squealed as they come running to Viktor. Viktor gave them a big hug and so did they to him. After he put them down on the ground again, Rachel reminded him. "Here. Their change of clothes are here. I packed some healthy snacks too in case they get hungry on the way." She handed him a backpack. "Hang on, I'll get their booster seat."

"No worries. I bought them yesterday. I figured since they're riding with me frequently, I might as well but booster seats for them."

"I appreciate that. Oh well, then. Be safe. Alice and Oscar, behave, don't give him a headache."

"We'll be good Mommy! Pinky promise!"

"Ok goodbye." Vikor leaned in, grabbed her shoulders and gave her a smoldering kiss on the lips. Surprisingly, she liked it. In fact, she would not have stopped had her she not heard her kids giggle. They did not have to see this!

"Mommy and Daddy are kissing!" The kids continued their adorable giggles.

"Where are we going, Daddy?" Viktor was going to keep it a secret but he could not keep help it anymore. His kids won't stop bugging him if he did not tell them the plan. Although the kids bugging him was actually kind of adorable.

"We are riding the horses today!"

"The horses on the palace?" It was funny because Alice was referring to the mansion as the palace. They went to the Spielberg mansion and there, he was greeted by his Dad.

"Hi Dad. I'm so glad you can join us today. They are really excited to ride."

"Viktor, anything for my grand kids. Come here to grandpa Alice and Oscar." He turned to the kids and they did what he said.

When Viktor and the children got there, Nikolas made sure that everything would be ready to go. That's why after they arrived, they immediately started horseback riding. Viktor and his Dad was good with horseback riding. I was easy to ride with small children. All they had to do was sit the kids in front of them while wearing a helmet. Not that Viktor or Nikolas would let anything happen to Oscar and Alice. They were just protective. Alice rode with Viktor while Oscar rode with his grandfather.

For an hours, they ventured into the Spielberg's big property. Viktor wasn't sure whether the kids were happy because of the scenery or he sheer fact they they are on a horse. Maybe both. He had soft spots for his children's laugh.

He just met them several days ago and they were already the apple of his eye. How could he not? They were the best, the cutest and the most adorable kids for him. He also found it cool that they look very close to him.

Actually, before, he did not like kids very much. He hated kids especially when they are crying loudly and being a pain in the butt. But now, it changed. I did not matter if they had tantrums, make a mess or being a pain in the butt, he seemed to be amused of kids now. In fact, he wanted to have more kids. Preferably with Rachel. Damn.

It was almost lunch time when they returned to the stable. "Oscar, Alice, stay here outside, ok? Grandpa and I will just return the horses inside. I'm sure you won't wanna be there."

"Ok, Daddy."

They were in the middle of returning the horses back to their quarters when Nikolas decided it was the time for a father and son talk. "Viktor, your mother and I asked for a grandchild weeks ago. We never expected that it would be this fast. We're shocked and excited. More importantly, we're very happy."

"Same here, Dad. I was shocked at first. I thought Rachel was playing a joke on me. Then I saw them. They were really mine. It was surreal. Since, I was just happy."

"Your mother and I are really proud of you, son. I'm very proud of you. You did a good job with them. What are you planning to do now?"

"You mean with the kids?"

"Yes, the kids and Rachel."

"To be honest, I have no idea at the moment."

"Whatever it is, think about the kids. We are always going to be here with you. I guess my only advice it don't make stupid choices. I didn't raise a fool. Rachel seems like a nice lady. Don't let her get away."

He did not have a response to that. All he could say was "Ok. Let's head inside."

After heading inside the house, Viktor realized that the kids were dirty and sweaty. During their tour, there was actually a few times when they have to stop for a break. the kids would get off the horse and play. Somehow, the kids had gotten dirt all over them. Typical kids. Viktor had to give them a bath. It would not be a problem since Rachel had gave him a change of clothes. The only problem is he did not know to give them a bath.

He brought them to one of the mansion's bathroom. The kids hopped into the tub and he turned the water on. "Uhmmm, how does your Mommy do this? I don't really know how.

"Bubbles. Lots of bubbles!"

"Fair enough." He realized that he did not know a lot of things as a Dad. He will have to learn a lot of things since he would spend time with them since they would spend too much time together. In no time, the bath was finished. He hoped everything was right. He changed their clothed ans headed to lunch.

They had a lunch with Nikolas and Anette. The grandparents could not get enough of their grand kids. "So Alice and Oscar, did you enjoy your ride today?" asked Anette.

"Yes! Daddy made them run so fast! It was fun!"

"Viktor! Don't do that. They could get injured!"

"Mom, we didn't go that fast. Besides, I won't let anything happen to them."

"Oh my dear Anette, you're still the same. You were always so protective with small children. You were so protective of the children and now with them too?"

"Forgive me for wanting them to be safe." Anette said sarcastically.

"Grandma, it was really fun though!" proclaimed Oscar.

"See, they like it, Mom.

They continued their lunch with talking about how the horseback riding went, as well as all the other things that the kids liked to do. It was obvious that Anette and Nikolas had already adored the kids.

After lunch, it was obvious that the kids were tired. He took them to the mansion's play room. The Spielbergs, having six kids in just 8 years, had to have a lot of toys in order to keep them happy. Their play room is basically a room full of toys and things that might amuse kids. Perfect place for Alice and Oscar.

While the kids are playing, he decided to ask them around a bit. "Oscar, Alice, come here. Daddy will ask you something."

"Yes, Daddy?"

"Did your Mom tell you anything about me?" He felt so pathetic asking his kids about such topic. The kids are innocent about everything that has happened with him and Rachel. They should not be involved with their parent's rocky relationship. Somehow, he just had to ask.

"Nothing."

"Did you ever ask you Mom about your Daddy?"

"Mom said our Daddy, or you, is away but he really loves us. That's what she told us." Alice informed him.

"I always ask her why we don't have a Dad, she said it doesn't matter because she loves us so much. said Oscar. How could she really keep his children away from him. He felt mixed emotions. He was starting to like Rachel again and he also despised her.

Today was a successful day for him. He learned a lot about his kids and he kids learned a lot about him. Their bond is starting to grow now. He could feel it. However he was still aware of the fact that he had to do more, much much more. He had three years of catching up to do. One day with them won't do the trick. Their bonding time will have to be more frequent. Luckily for him, he could always skip a day. He will just have to catch up with any work at home. No big deal. He hoped Rachel would be fine with the kids hanging out with him.

At the end of the day, he dropped the kids off to her apartment. The kids were tired so was she. Rachel was walking and picking things up throughout the day. It was sunny so she was sweaty too.

"Rachel, thanks for letting them stay with me today."

"Thank you for having them. I'm sure they had fun. Did you Oscar? Alice?"

"Yes, Mom!" After he left, she resumed her conversation with her kis. "So what did you do today? Where did you go?"

"Mom! We rode the horses! It was so fun!"

"They were big too! They're this tall!" Oscar raised his hand as high as his little body could.

The rest of the evening was spent with the kids talking about how much fun they had. They were already starting to like Viktor. That scared her. What if one day, they'll love him more than her. She was feeling a bit jealous. "It's not a competition, Rachel." She quietly told herself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedbacks please! :)
I realized there have been some few grammatical errors. If you would please kindly point them out to me, I will gladly change them. Thanks!