Status: Please give it a try and give me some feedbacks! :)

Look at Me

Chapter 15 - The Ex Girlfriend

"Viktor, I don't think I want to go... I'm feeling sick "

"But Rachel, you have to be there. I want Oscar and Alice to be there, obviously, you have to be there too. I want their mother to be there with them when I introduce them to my relatives and family friends. And by the way, I think you're lying."

She was really feeling a bit sick though. She figured it's just a case of nausea and would go away quickly.

They were talking about Elizabetha's 19th birthday party. Elizabetha was the youngest out of the six siblings. She was the baby of the family that's why she was a bit spoiled. Her parties were always grand. Usually, her parties would attract more crowds than the parties of her older siblings.

"I finally want everyone to know about my children. They'll ask for their mother so please I need you to be there. Besides, you are family friend too." That was true. Ever since knowing that Rachel was the mother of their niece and nephew, Viktor's sibling had grown a friendship with Rachel. She was close to them, especially to the girls, Emma, Margaretha and Elizabetha.

"Ok, fine. For the kids."

"And for me, babe." Viktor had retorted to called Rachel 'babe' again. She hated how Vikor had the nerve to call her that again. What she hated more was that is sounded good in her ear and it made her stomach churn.

"Once again, please don't call me that. You lost the privilege to call me that four years ago."

"Woah now. I don't want to turn it into another argument." Viktor said frustratingly.

"By the way, whatdo I have to wear for the party? What's the theme?" She changed the subject quickly because she did not want another argument too.

"There's not really a theme. Just wear something formal." She does not have any formal dresses to wear. Crap.

"I know that look, Rachel. You are always too shy to ask." He pull out his wallet and gave her a what seemed to be a credit card. "Here, take this. Buy something that you like. Buy the kids something too. I want them to look at their best at the party."

"You don't have to do that for me."

"I insist, Rachel. I'm the one who's making you come to the party. The least I could do is buy you something to wear."

Rachel finally gave in. What's the harm of having a nice dress for the first time in forever? She accepted his credit card.

The next day, Viktor, along with Rachel and the kids arrived at the Spileberg mansion. Due to the mansion's immense space, it was the perfect venue for a big party.

"Oh my God Rachel! You look pretty!" exclaimed Elizabetha as she approached her friend.

"You look even prettier! Happy birthday!"

"Thanks!" Elizabetha turned to her niece. "Alice, you look like acute little princess!" The only answer that she got was a big cheeky grin. "And you Oscar, you look handsome in that little tuxedo. Oh Viktor, don't let him be like you. He's gonna break at lot of hearts some day."

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean?"

"Oh nothing." She laughed. "Uhmm.. I think I saw my friends, I think they just arrived. I'm going to check on them. Ok? Have fun!" With that, she left.

Viktor turned to Rachel. "So I will go now too, with the kids. I'm going to introduce them to our family friends and some business associates. Wanna come?"

"Nope. Me being here is enough. I don't wanna be paraded around rich people I don't even know."

"I've always liked your sense of humor."

"Whatever. Just get me if they specifically asked to see me or when Alice or Oscar needs something."

"Ok, see you later."

Rachel wandered around the party for a while. She tried all the food and it was delicious. The party was overall extravagant. She was amazed. She saw some familiar people from the office but they are not really her friends.

For what seemed to be an hour later, she saw Viktor. With someone. She was a beautiful redhead. She was tall with ler long perfect legs. She was wearing too little clothing for a party like this, which showed her hour glass figure. She looked like she was a supermodel, which was not surprising. She was also standing way too close to Viktor. Rachel did not like it.

Was she feeling jealous? She lost her right to be jealous years ago when she left. They were not together so she had no right to be jealous when Viktor was with another woman. She had no right on choosing on who he dates. She just wished he was not flirting with another woman in front of their kids. How irresponsible could a person be? Somehow, there was an urge in her body to march up there and claw the redhead's eyes out. Yes. She was definitely still feeling something for him.

Emma appeared out of nowhere, suddenly. "Hi Rachel, where are the kids? And who are you glaring... woah!"

"What?"

"Is that Wanda?!"

"Who? The read head?" Rachel had no idea who was Wanda.

"That is definitely Wanda!" Emma looked ecstatic.

"Who is she?" Rachel wanted to know who was her competition. Did she just think that?

"Wanda is Viktor's ex. She is the most conniving bitch ever. Our whole family was against Viktor dating her and luckily for us, Viktor see that side of her early so he was able to get out. " Those were such strong words.

"Really?"

"Yes. If you want to keep my brother, instead of just staring daggers at her, physically march right in there and stomp her. Whoever had the idea to invite her!"

"I am not 'keeping' your brother, Emma. We're not even together."

"Who are you fooling, Rachel? Every who has eyes can see that you two were still love birds. you guys are really obvious, you know." Rachel blushed.

"I had not realized..."

"Whatever. Look, whether you like him or you don't, you have to come up there and save him. She is literally and metaphorically a poison. Besides, I know you want to confront her. And your kids are in there for crying out loud!" Emma was right.

"Ok, come with me though."

Rachel and Emma walked up to Viktor and Wanda. "Hi Viktor. Are you having fun?" The tone in Rachel's voice was deathly serious.

"Hi Emma and who are you?" Wanda's annoying voice was really high pitched.

"I'm Rachel. I am the mother of Viktor's children."

"What!? Viktor? You have kids and did not tell me?" Wanda turned to Viktor and pressed herself closer to his body.

"Yes. I told you that already. You did not pay attention. Please stay back. My family is here for goodness sake."

"Really? I must not have been paying attention because I only pay attention to you, baby." She said that as she run her hand through his chest. Was this girl being serious? She was openly flirting with Viktor in front of his family? Now Rachel understood that Emma was not overreacting when she said Wanda was a poison.

"I think I need to get the kids away for a bit. Come here to auntie, Oscar and Alice." The kids do not need to see a skank and their Mom fight for their Dad. Before Emma left, she gave Rachel a supportive look which seemed to be saying "stomp that bitch and keep your man."

Viktor pushed himself away from Wanda and went to Rachel's side. "Wanda, just go. You were not even invited."

"I just came here to see you baby, I miss you!"

"Well, Wanda, I'm here with Rachel tonight. We've been over two years ago."

"Really? You are exchanging me to a garbage like that?" Rachel could not believe what she just heard.

"Excuse me!?"

"I think you heard me. You are a piece of garbage compared with me!" Wanda exclaimed.

"Wanda! Don't you ever speak to her in that language or else..."

Before he continued Wanda cut him off. "I can't believe you would pick someone like her over me! Did you really stoop that low?"

"Get out of here. Now! Do you want me to call security on you?"

"With that, she left. Who left even faster was Rachel. She sped to the bathroom as she does not want to see anyone see her cry. She just could not take it any more. How could Wanda destroy her in just five minutes with her words.

After ten minutes, she felt like her crying had stopped. She wanted to get away as soon as possible. she just wanted to be with her kids in their apartment and curl up and cry some more. She was feeling nauseaus too.

She left the bathroom and quickly find her kids. They were with Robin, Emma and Viktor.

"Oscar, Emma, let's go home."

"Mommy, are you crying?"

"No." Rachel hoped that was enough answer for her kids.

"Rachel, we need to talk."

"No we don't. I just want to go home."

"I'm sorry for what happened. Can we talk about it?"

"Don't be sorry. It was not your fault." Rachel was obviously mad. She avoided eyes contact with Viktor.

"Rachel, look at me. Look at me." She did. "I'm sorry for what happened. I never expected her to be here and I never expected her to act so hostile towards you."

"It was not your fault that she was a complete bitch to me. I get that. But how could you expose our kids to someone like her? You knew you were with the kids.. .why did you not just stayed away from her?"

"I told you, I was not expecting her here. I also tried to get away from here but she keep on following us."

She had to think about it. Is she was ever going to be with Viktor, would it always be like this? Would she always have to defend herself from other women. This incident just proves that she will never ever be with Viktor. Her heart was starting to fall for him again. She could not let her heart win. Being with Viktor would be dangerous.