Status: Please give it a try and give me some feedbacks! :)

Look at Me

Chapter 17 - The Family's Decision

"Since when do we have to bring something? I can't cook, every one knows that!" Robin laughed as Emma put down the chicken pot pie that she brought on the table.

"I told Emma not to bring anything." Anette Spielberg said as she came up to hug her daughter.

"Oh come one Mom. I just had to try cooking. Don't get me wrong, you are an amazing cook and I love all your food but this friend just gave me this recipe. It looks good to eat and it sounds easy to cook so I thought I'd try. So everyone, dig in! Tell me what you think!"

"Oh.. I see, dear. Ok, then, we'll try it. I know you're good in the kitchen." Anette smiled a Emma.

"Eeekkk!" William said as he spat the chicken pot pie. "I don't think it's edible!"

Emma's eyes grew large. Her cheeks were flaming red.

"It's edible... it's just... I don't think any one would want to eat it." This time, it was Robin.

"Is it really that bad?" Margaretha said as she tasted it. Her grim face answered her question.

"I'm feeling really bad right now... " was all Emma said because she was so embarrassed at her failure on cooking a pretty simple recipe.

Viktor just had to smile at the craziness. Ladies and gentlemen, this is the Spielbergs' weekly dinner. A dinner where the billionaires looks like a normal family. Viktor liked the idea.

For Viktor, this dinner is the perfect time to drop the bomb about his third child. He was sure his parents would love it. Nikolas and Anetter could not get enough of his children. Ever since knowing about them about a month ago, Nikolas and Anette had been with Oscar and Alice. If the children are neither with Rachel nor Viktor, they would usually be with Nikolas and Anette. They were being spoiled too. If Rachel thinks Viktor is spoiling their children, she would be shocked with what Nikolas and Anette was doing.

"Viktor, you're quiet today. Something up?" Nikolas asked his eldest son.

"Yeah, Viktor. Emma just had a big failure over here. Isn't that the perfect day for you? To see our evil little sister here fail at something. Robin said with a chuckle.

"Shut up, Robin!"

Although the sibling are practically dissing each other, every body knew it was all a joke. The Spielberg siblings might not show it, but they really love each other and as knit-tight and they could be. They would look after each other. Viktor hoped his children would be like that too. Speaking of which he still had to tell them the news.

"Is there a matter?" Anette said in a motherly comforting tone.

"Actually, I do have something to yell you. All for you." Viktor was ready for this.

"Uh-oh... this does not sound good, Viktor." William said as if he knows every thing.

"The last time you're like that is when you told us you have kids... is it going to as crazy or even crazier?" Emma asked his older brother.

"Actually, it is as crazy as before. As a matter of fact, what i'm about to tell you is on the same line..."

"Will you just get to the point, Viktor, please." Nikolas was being impatient. Viktor should just get straight to the point.

"Dad, do you like being a grandpa?"

"Yes. I love every second of it."

"Well, then, be happy. You're going to get a new one in more or less eight months. All of his family's eyes were directed towards him. They seemed to be not getting his point so he continued. "I'm going to have another child. I don't know the gender yet."

"With who?" it was William.

"With Rachel. She's pregnant right now with my baby. Why are you all emotionless? You should all be happy. One more niece or nephew for you guys and another grandbaby for you, Mom and to you, too, Dad."

"Are you sure Rachel's pregnant with your baby?said William, who was obviously the anti-Rachel among his siblings. He thought she was bad for him.

"Obviously, genius! Does Rachel really looked like she was the kind of girl to jump from a man to man in such short period of time?" Emma defended Rachel. Among Viktor's siblings, she was the most pro-Rachel.

"There could always be possibilities, you know."

"No! She is not like that. She is awesome. Have you seen how she looks at our brother? She's totally head over heels in love with Viktor."

"Please, Emma, I appreciate your opinion but please let's not talk about it. Let's talk about the baby that we're expecting, not Rachel."

His siblings, especially, Robin, and Emma, as well as his parents had a lot of things to say to him regarding his news. However, what they wanted to tell him was not really something to say to everyone at the dinner table. The Spielbergs continued their dinner peacefully. They just have to find their own time to tell Viktor whatever they have to tell him.

After the dinner, Nikolas and Anette decided it was the right time to give Viktor the parental talk he badly needed.

"Viktor, will you come here with us. Your mother and I want to talk to you."

Viktor came to the back porch where his parents were seated. It was a perfect place as no one could hear them.

"What's up?"

"We've got to ask this, what are you going to do once the baby is born?"

"Ah I get it now, you guys want to have the baby. Fine, I'll try to get full custody."

"Viktor, do we have to remind you that you are an adult now? You are not a teenager any more. You've got to make more serious choices." Nikolas was fired up. He was mad at his son.

"I don't understand..."

"We don't want you to get full custody over the child and take him or her away from Rachel! We don't even want you to Oscar and Alice from her! You should be more mature than that!"

"I don't see the problem, Dad."

"Do you really want the kids to grow up between a viscous and constant custody battle? Do you really want to see your children see their parents fight all the time? Do you want your kids to be away from one of their parent? Not everything should be about you, Viktor."

"But Dad, living with me would be the best for them. I can take care of them."

"Viktor! Don't do what you want to do! Do what the kids want! When I asked them if they want to live with their Mom or their Dad, they both said both! Don't just think of yourself! Think of what the kids want. And as your Mother, I have the right to say this, you are not capable of taking care of them all by yourself. At least not yet." Anette spoke her mind.

"What do you want me to do?"

"We think you should marry her." Nikolas said firmly.

"What!? That's crazy! I would not want that and I could guarantee you, she'll never like the idea."

"I think marrying her was something you should have done right off the bat. You had kids together. Do the damn right thing and marry her! The kids need both of their parents. Marriage would settle that problem."

"But Dad!"

"No buts! Rachel had suffered enough already. You should make it easier for her. Instead of fighting her over custody, why won't you share the custody with her. You have two three year old and now one on the way, Viktor, do the right thing. Don't dishonor her or her family and our family as well." Once his Dad set his mind to something, he'll never stop until he got it. That's why HS Group flourished under Nikolas Spielberg's lead.

"I really don't have a say in this, do I?"

"We just want the best for the kids and for you and Rachel as well." He just gave up. It was an uphill battle facing Anette and Nikolas Spielberg.

"Tell you what, I'll talk to the kids personally, I promise, I'll do whatever they want."

"Sounds like a deal."

Viktor did not leave yet because Emma had asked him to stay because she wants to give him a piece of her mind as well. "So Viktor, Viktor, how are you feeling about her new pregnancy?"

"Happy, you know. It feels amazing just thinking that I helped in creating another life... it feels... good. "

"I'm happy for you. I know I just don't show it very much but I really do want you to be happy."

"Thanks."

"I'm not done. I feel like you will be happy with Rachel. Maybe you should try it with her. You know." Emma said genuinely.

"Oh no, you too?"

"What do you mean?"

"Mom and Dad said the same thing. They think I should marry Rachel for the kids' sake and for the new baby."

"That's a great idea!"

"You're kidding me."

"No! You should marry her. Did you not hear me at the dinner, I could always see how she looks at you, she really feel something. As a woman, I know that kind of look. And as your sister, I know your kind of looks too. Did you even see how she stood up for you when Wanda was being aa pain in the butt? Just so you know, I always see you two having a sneak peek at each other. It's actually kind of cute and adorable but also gross." She was acting like a teenager.

"You think so?" She smirked.

"Definitely. Seriously though, she loves you, and I know you love her too, I don't see a problem with that. And let's not even forget about Oscar and Alice, they are young children. Their precious minds could break so easily. Do you really want them to grow up to be drug addicts or murderer just because their parents are too crazy to settle down a simple custody battle?"

"So who are you now? Dr. Phil?"

"Actually, in case you've forgotten, I'm a psychology major. And what I just told you is actually real. We've looked in this case where there is this little boy who grew up with his parents constantly fighting over him. He's now in his forties and has been to jail eight times. Can you imagine Oscar or Emma being like him?"

"I mean... I'm pretty sure they won't turn out like that. They're nice kids."

"I'm sure they won't, Viktor but you're missing the whole point. Don't try to fight it because you've already fallen for her. Just a little something to think about." She gave her brother a quick hug and then joined the rest of the Spielberg.

After everything, Viktor had not gone to his penthouse directly, his brother Robin had ask him for a drink. "What's your next move now, man?"

"Oh please Robin, don't try to tell me your having that talk with me too." Viktor had enough "talk" today.

"What, Emma, Mom and Dad talked to you about family and stuff?"

"Yes. I've had enough for one day."

"Well, I won't bother you much then. I guess all I wanted to say is that you are lucky and I will always look up to you as my big brother. I'm actually kind of envious." Robin said as he took a sip of beer.

"Me? Lucky? I don't think so. And did you just admit that you're jealous of me? Man, being in my place isn't something to be jealous about. I'm sure you can find yourself in a better spot, brother."

"Well you see, growing up, Mom and Dad always talked about how they had started their family so early and it worked out well. I mean look at our family, it's been a good bunch. I've always looked up to them. I've always wanted what they have, you know, early marriage and a perfect family. It looks like you're on track for that."

"Whatever do mean I'm on track?"

"You have a great son and a pretty daughter and one on the way. You have a girl that obviously loves you and you love her too."

"How do you know I love her?"

"Dude, when you told us you were dating a girl named Rachel back then, you totally changed. We all felt it. Let's not forget about how you were a wreck for an entire month when she left you. You're not fooling anyone."

"I guess... you have a point." Did he just admitted he loves her?

"The point is, you're a step away from having what Mom and Dad have. If only you'd marry Rachel, then all of a sudden, you have a perfect wife, perfect children and a perfect family. That's why I'm a bit jealous of you. I don't think I can move that fast."

The night ended with Viktor desperately trying to sleep. He could not, however, because of what his family had told him. He was actually giving it a thought. He could marry Rachel for the sake of every one. The majority of his family were supportive of the idea.

Technically, he's an adult and does not owe his family any thought as it was his own life. However, his parents have also been married for longer than he's living and have all the experience and knowledge there is to know about marriage. If he wants any advice, the first thing he should do was consult his parents. The Spielbergs in general had not made too much mistakes, that's why they're successful, so an advice from any of his siblings should not go unnoticed as well.

He had a lot of thinking to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please give me some feedbacks! Thanks for reading.