Status: Please give it a try and give me some feedbacks! :)

Look at Me

Chapter 24 - The Surprise

Emma was just as shocked as Rachel when she saw her brother in a tight embrace with Wanda. She never would have expected him to cheat. Emma knew Viktor loved Rachel so much. Something fishy was going on. Not to mention, Wanda and Valerie were involved, they were the queen of conning.

Unlike Rachel who ran away, Emma stepped inside the closet and met Wanda ferociously.

"Wanda! Get off him!" She then turned to grab Viktor who leaned into her. It was obvious he could not stand in his own two feet. "Viktor! How could you cheat on Rachel!?"

He did not respond. He seemed like he was... drunk? Well, yes, a bit but that's not really it. Could he bee drugged? Definitely!

"Oh my God, Viktor, are you drugged? Are you feeling dizzy?" There was a worried expression in her eyes. "Wanda! What did you do to him!?"

"Oh honey, I did not do anything to him. He hit on me and told me he loves me and not his ambitious wife." Wanda was obviously lying.

"Don't you ever lie to me! And don't you ever say bad things about my sister-in-law!" Emma said angrily. She was pointing her fingers at Wanda. At this point, Emma realized that her heavy brother was still virtually unconscious and was leaning into her. He was heavy!

"Wanda, I know what you did and I'm going to the bottom of this once I get Viktor to safety."

"Whatever. See you around." Just like that, Wanda walked away with Valerie as if nothing happened! Unbelievable. Emma realized she could not really do much at the moment except for calling Robin for help. He answered immediately.

"Emma?"

"Yeah. Robin! Come here in small closet by the drinks table. Viktor is here and he seemed like he's drunk or drugged or maybe both. I can't really carry him around. He's too heavy."

"Coming right up. Wait, who drugged him?"

"I'm not sure yet, but I have an idea, that reminds me, some security too. I think it's either Wanda or Valerie."

"Wanda and Valerie? This could not be good."

"I know."

Robin came to the room immediately. He immediately took his older brother from his sister. Although Robin was not as large as Viktor, he was muscular too so it was easier for him to lead Viktor around. Emma instructed the security personnel to detain Wanda and Valerie. Emma also quickly gave Robin a quick fill on what just happened. He just nodded in response.

"Robin, you should take Viktor to his house, Rachel is probably mad at him because she ran like hell after what she saw. You need to get Viktor to her and explain to her that it was not Viktor's fault and I'm getting at bottom of this. Tell her I'll call you guys once I get Wanda or Valerie to talk.

"What are you gonna do?"

"I'll just ask around. I have bad feeling Wanda and Valerie are the masterminds."

"Why don't I go with you, I'll get someone to get Viktor home?" Robin insisted.

"Robin, do you realize what you're saying? You are a male. Wanda and Valerie's prey are males, so yeah, don't come with me."

"Fine." Robin left along with Viktor who he was guiding from his shoulders.

Emma left as well. She later found the security who had detained Wanda and Valerie in one of the smaller conference room.

"Hello, Valerie and Wanda." Emma said sharply.

"What do you want from us? This is illegal! You can't keep us here!"

"I'm not keeping you here, don't worry. I wouldn't dream of it. I'll just ask you some questions."

"I don't know what you could possibly want from me." scowled Wanda.

"For starters, what the heck are you doing with my married brother?"

"I told you, bitch, he hit on me! I happen to love him too so I did not resist. It's simple." Wanda could not even looks straight through

"You could not fool a child with your lies, Wanda. And don't call me bitch, because I think you are bitchier than any woman in the world. How would you explain why my brother is dizzy?"

"He might be drunk."

"I don't think he is drunk. Did you drug him?" there was no response from Wanda. She was looking cold as if never wanting to give away something. Valerie, however was more nervous. If Emma wanted some answers, she would have to ask Valerie.

"Valerie..."

"Valerie, don't you dare say any thing to that bitch or else, I'll cut you." Well, that just confirmed Emma's earlier accusations. Emma had to somehow make Valerie talk. Fortunately, she knew how to play her cards.

"Valerie, do you want me to tell you parents about this?"

"No no no! Please no!" Valerie was just using her parents' money. There were too many times when her parents had almost decided to cut her allowance off. Emma had no doubt, thsi time her parents would definitely cut Valerie's allowance off.

"If you don't want me to rat you out, you better get speaking, then."

"Valerie, don't say anything!"

"Valerie, listen to me, it's either your fake friend here or your allowance." That was Emma's last resort.

"Fine! It was all Wanda's fault!" Wanda's ears were practically steaming. She was so mad.

"Go on, Valerie."

"She wanted to get Rachel mad at Viktor so she'll leave him. Then she planned on having him for herself once he was alone in life. I swear I'm not part of this. All the brain work was hers! I only helped with distracting him so she could put the drug in his drink."

"Tell me more about the drug."

"She decided to drug him then after he's wasted she would have her way with him. She also wanted everyone to see it."

"She wanted Rachel to see it?"

"Yes, to hurt her heart, I guess."

Emma could not believe it! "Wanda! You are actually trying to separate a married couple? I've always knew you're a witch but I never knew you'd stoop so low. You are a home wrecker!"

"Ok, I admit it all. But hey, destiny is not doing a good job, so I'm taking matters in my own hands."

"You're unbelievable!"

Emma was almost at Viktor's house. She had to help Viktor to make Rachel realize that it was not his fault. It was Wanda the skank's fault. She wan not gonna let a family fall apart because of a jealous and crazy ex girlfriend.

She pulled up in the house's elegant driveway and quickly headed inside. "Robin, I'm here!"

Instead of Robin, she was welcomed by her Mom and Dad. "Mom, Dad? What are you guys doing here?"

"Robin called us honey. He said Viktor was drugged and he has passed out."

"Do you guys no what happened?"

"Viktor told us about Wanda and Valerie but he was vague. He wasn't sure himself." Emma told them everything that has happened in summary.

Robin appeared. "Emma, what do you have for us?"

"Valerie and Wanda admitted that they drugged Viktor and they were trying to separate Rachel and Viktor..." Emma continued her story. She told her parents and Robin about everything that has happened that night in detail.

"Wow. That Wanda is crazy." exclaimed Nikolas.

"Honey, do you think we should stop dealing business with her family?" asked Anette to her husband.

"That is a big possibility. I'll look into it."

"So Emma, what did you do to the two girls?"

"I let Valerie off the hook. It seemed like Wanda just dragged her in her plan. I promised her not to tell her parents if she just rat Wanda out to me, so I let her off the hook. I pressed charges against Wanda. I also contacted our attorney for a possible restraining order against Wanda."

"Good girl, Emma. I'm so proud of you. You handled things well. Viktor would be so happy with all your help." said Anette.

"Yes Emma, we are lucky to have you as our sister."

"Thanks but enough of this. Where's Rachel? We have to convince her that it was not viktor's fault! It was really Wanda's fault! Where is she?"

"When we got here, she was not here. I looked every where, but I could not find her. The kids were not here too." Robin informed her.

"The kids are with here?! I could not blame her though, she looked pretty mad back there." said Emma.

"Where do you think is she?" asked Anette.

"She was mad, let's give her some time to think. WE should call her tonight to see if she's ok. Then we should not bother her. We should give her time alone. Let's check in with her tomorrow." suggested Robin.

"Ok, we should get going, then. It's getting pretty late." said Nikolas.

"You guys can go. I ca stay here with Viktor." said Robin.

"Ok dear, call us if you need any thing." said Anette.

"I just gotta say, my daughter and my son makes me a proud Dad." Nikolas said as he gathered both of his children. They're good siblings to Viktor. They had helped him and protected him.

Viktor woke up with a headache and he was still a bit light headed. He could not remember what had happened for most of last night. It was a mystery to him how he got to his home and to his bed.

He looked around and the first thing he noticed was Rachel was not beside him. That was weird. It was a saturday and she did not normally wake up that early on a weekend. He went downstairs and expected to see Rachel cooking breakfast. Instead he saw his brother Robin cooking.

"Woah. Robin, what are you doing here?"

"You don't remember any thing, don't you?"

"Yeah..."

"You supposedly cheated on your wife..." Robin could not restrain himself from blurting that out.

"What!?"

"Yeah and your wife left along with you kids."

"You are kidding me, right? Nice try, brother."

"Thanks, except I'm serious."

"Robin, I don't need your humor right now."

"Look around the house, Viktor, you would not find Rachel or Oscar or Alice for that matter."

"What happened?! What are you talking about?" Viktor could not remember any thing at all. Something must have happened.

"You don't remember any thing at all?"

"The last thing I know is Valerie is all over me then nothing."

"Here's what happened, Viktor, Wanda drugged you then she dragged you into a small room then she had her way with you. I actually was not there but Emma was. Emma was with Rachel the whole time soI'm only telling you what Emma told me." Robin informed Viktor about his second hand information.

"Ok, continue."

"So Wanda was kissing you and somehow Rachel reached the said room and saw what you guys are doing."

"What do you mean 'we' are doing? You just said I was drugged, so it could not possibly be my fault!" Viktor had a point. He barely remembers anything.

"Yes, it was not your fault. It was all Wanda's fault. Apparently, Valerie and Wanda had come clean to Emma. They were totally crazy."

"Damn it! Those two!"

"Don't worry though, Emma had already pressed charges and was working on a possible restraining order for Wanda."

"That's good to hear. Do you know where my family is?"

"Last night, we decided to give her some time alone so we did not bother finding her. I called her but there was no answer. Besides, we thought it should be you who would run after her and the kids. "

"Oh God. What a mess am I in!" Viktor exclaimed.

"Yeah you are in a big mess, I was not there but Emma told me there was too much emotion in Rachel's face. She must be pretty mad. I mean, I'm not saying it's your fault but she just saw her husband making out with another woman, that's horrible." Robin said as he flipped some omelette.

So Rachel had not even considered barging in and asking questions? She had not even tried to see if he was in a sober state when he was supposedly kissing another woman. She just decided to... run, without a word? It was just like four years ago. Typical Rachel.

He was now getting mad too. Mad at himself, for being stupid. Mad at Wanda for being crazy. Lastly, he was mad at Rachel. even though it was not her fault, she could have given him the benefit of the doubt. Where is the trust?

"So are you just going to zone out or go get your woman and kids?" Robin interrupted his long stare at the wall.

"Yeah, I should probably look for her. Before I go though, I just wanna say thank you for everything.

"No, don't thank me. I barely did anything. Emma was the one who saved you from those vultures. She was also the one who bombarded Valerie and Wanda with questions. Not to mention, she pressed charges."

"I think she deserve something from me. Well, thanks anyways. I'll get going."

"Yeah dude. Don't ever come back with Rachel and the kids."

Finding Rachel's whereabouts were easy. He had contacted the bank and found out Rachel used her credit card in one of the hotels downtown. He thought she would have cover her tracks better.

He was getting antsy during the drive. Emotions surged through him. Whatever Rachel thought he'd done, she would not take away his kids from him. Over his dead body! One thing he did not like about Rachel was she liked to run away instead of actually voicing her problems. Could she just grow the hell up?

He was excited too. He's exited to tell Rachel that every thing she saw were not true. He was exited to see Oscar and Alice too.

There was also sadness, regret, contempt and everything in between.

"What the-"... was all he said. He did not realize but he was going way too fast than the speed limit. He let his emotions lose his focus. When the large truck in front of him came to a sudden halt, he could not respond.

His car was like paper against the giant truck. Would he survive to meet his family again?
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Hope you guys like it.