Status: Please give it a try and give me some feedbacks! :)

Look at Me

Chapter 25 - The Auto

"Oh my God, it's a saturday! Who would be calling this early?!" Emma screamed as she rolled out of the bed to grab her phone.

She pressed the answer button immediately. "Hello?"

There was a sob. What is happening? "Hello, Mom? Why are you crying? What is happening?" The only answer that she got from her mother was a few more sobs. "Mom! Talk to me!"

"Honey,"

"Mom! You are scaring me! What is happening?" Emma was getting nervous. Her Mom did not usually cry when it comes to any tragedies. This must be bad. Her knees were starting to shake.

"It's your brother, Viktor."

"What's up with him, Mom?"

"About ten minutes ago, I was contacted by someone..." Emma could see the sadness in her Mom's voice.

"What did they say?"

"They informed us that Viktor had been in a vehicle accident about thirty minutes ago. He is in a critical condition right now."

Emma was speechless for a while before finding the words to say. "How... how did this happen? How is he?"

"I don't know how it happened. All we know right now is he is in a critical conditon. Please call your siblings and tell them what happened. I don't think I can talk about this anymore."

"Ok, but Mom, where is he now?"

"He is in Abbott Northwestern Hospital right now. Your father and I will head down there right now. Call your sibling and head straight to the hospital."

"Yes Mom." Emma's eyes were starting to swell up. This could not be happening.

"Hurry up honey."

"Yes, Mom."

She sat still as if she was a shell shocked soldier from World War I. She could not function for a while. A lot of things had happened in the last twenty four hours or so. Viktor was drugged and framed for cheating, Rachel ran away with the kids and now Viktor was in a car accident and was in a death bed.

She first dialed Robin who was the last one with Viktor.

"Hello, Robin?"

"What's up, Emma?" His voice was perky and lively. She hated to break his mood but she had to do it.

"I called about Viktor."

"Oh yeah? He left already. He was determined to get his family back." Emma almost forgot Rachel! She had to call her once she was done informing her siblings. Viktor needed Rachel, Oscar and Alice right now. They had to be at the hospital with the Spielbergs.

Viktor was too young to die! Oscar and Alice needed a father. In fact, all kids needed a father figures in their lives. Viktor was that father figure!

"Well it seems like he would have to do that later?" Emma was getting ready to inform Robin.

"What? Why?"

"Uhmmmm..."

"Emma?"

"Viktor was in a car accident. He is in a critical condition. Mom wanted us to be at the Abbott Northwestern Hospital as soon as possible."

"How did it happen Emma!?"

"I don't know. Mom just phones me a few minutes ago. I don't know what happened myself. Just come up there to the hospital now!"

"Ok, Emma!"

She hung up. She continued her duty. She had called William, Elizabetha, and Margaretha. Of course, they asked her a lot of questions which she could not answer. All she told her sibling was to go to the Abbott Northwestern Hospital as soon as possible. Their parents and Viktor needed them right now.

Emma quickly took a shower and changed. She was ready to head to the hospital when she remembered she had to contact Rachel! She called Rachel. There was no answer. She tried again. Still no answer. She tried a few more times. No answer.

Damn! Rachel was purposely avoiding them. She must have thought all the Spielbergs were taking Viktor's side. They really did not have to because it was not Viktor's fault at all! Well, Emma could not dwell into that right now. First thing's first, she had to get to the hospital and check on her brother. She could solve the whole Rachel thing later.

Emma lived far from the said hospital. The roads were not exactly free flowing. It took her more time to rach the hospital than what she was expecting. She made a bee line to the receptionist and asked for her brother. She was then directed to one of the upper floors where there were more expensive private room.

It was good to know that Viktor was already in his private room, which means he was not in the emergency room.

She knocked on the door of the said room. Her younger brother William answered it.

"You're finally here, Emma."

"I got tied up in the traffic." She hugged William.

When she entered the room, all her siblings and her parents were present. She hugged each and everyone of them. Their eyes reflected sadness and fear. Fear of losing Viktor.

Speaking of him, Emma's eyes turned to the only bed in the room. Viktor was there, lying. He was not moving as if if he was not breathing. Her heart skipped a beat before she realized that he was, in fact, breathing.

He looked different. He was wearing a hospital gown. There was stitches running from his lips downwards on the right side of his face. Other than that, she could not really see any other marks on his face. Well, his body was covered, for all she know, he could have more damage in his body.

"How is he now? Is he going to be ok? Does any one know?"

"Emma, it's all fine." Nikolas said as he tried to calm her down.

"What do you mean? Is he going to be ok? Where are the doctors!?"

"The doctor came in a few minutes ago. You just missed him. He is going to be fine."

Emma let out sigh of relief which was the same sigh of relief her siblings had earlier when they heard the very same good news.

Nikolas continued. "We were all in shock to pay attention to the doctor was saying. He mentioned all sort of medical terms we did not remember all of those. All I understand is that there seemed to be no major harm. There were no harm done with his internal organs. He was just beat up from the impact of the accident that's why he is like that."

"That's fortunate for us."

"It is. Aside from that, his legs were jammed. It was almost crushed by the dashboard. We're all lucky because his legs were just damaged but it seems like it's easy to fix. He would not be walking for a while though." Nikolas informed his daughter. He was patting her back for comfort. Although if it was Emma's choice, she'd pick Anette for comforting. Her mom was always more gentle than her Dad.

"At least he can still walk in the future."

"And I guess the obvious thing is that stitch in his face. That is the only major cut he had. I guess he got lucky on that one that his whole face was not crushed or something." Robin who was leaning in the wall in the corner. He was trying really hard to calm, cool and collected but failed miserably.

"Yeah, at least it was not that bad."

"Also, since he's pretty beat up, his whole body is supposedly in pain so he is on pain killer medication right now. It turned out, he was not in critical condition." Anette said.

"Why was he driving at that time, anyways?" Nikolas had been wanting to ask that question since he found out about the accident.

"He wanted to talk to Rachel, Dad." said Robin.

Suddenly, every one remembered that Viktor had a family that needed to be contacted. "We had to tell the kids and Rachel!" exclaimed Anette.

"I tried already. She was not picking up. It looks like I had to go to her physically since she would not answer. when is he do to wake up, anyway?" asked Emma.

"He should wake up any time today." Today. Which means Rachel and the kids had to be there today.

Later on, Robin was talking to an investigator on what really happened.

"Officer, you got any news for my family?"

"Yes, Mr. Spielberg."

"Spill it."

"It looks like there was a transportation truck in front of your brother while he was driving. There was some technical issues with the truck even before it set out from Chicago to Canada."

"How does this relate to my brother?"

"The driver did not mind those issues so the truck finally gave up. It just stopped in the middle of the highway. You brother happened to be right behind him. Not to mention, he was going above the speed limit."

"I see. Well, contact our lawyers for anything. My family is on shock right now. They'll answer every thing you throw to them." Robin gave the officer a business card of the said attorney. "Thanks again."

"You're welcome."

"Robin!"

"Yes, Emma?"

"Rachel won't answer me. I have to get to her. How do I find her?"

"Heck if I know. She obviously wanted to be away, it would not be easy finding her."

"How did Viktor know where to go? If he was going after her, how did he knwo where she was?"

"Oh I remember now. He said something about contacting the bank and finding out where did Rachel used her credit card. You can track her that way, I guess."

"I'll do that thanks."

"Do you want me to go with you?"

"I don't think so. That won't be necessary."

"Are you sure, Emma?"

"Yes."

"Well, go help Viktor and get his family! We'll help him explain about Wanda's evil plan."

"Ok, see you later, Robin. Take care."

Emma called the bank just like what Viktor did. She did not know why but she felt like she was a marriage councillor for both Viktor and Rachel. She really did not have to do any thing but she felt like she had to help. She adored Rachel and looked up to her like Rachel was her big sister. The big sister she never had. She had to help them.

Viktor and Rachel had come too far to juts give up in the end. Viktor could not die and Rachel could not get away!

She reached a decent hotel downtown. Along with her big bucks, she was able to get Rachel's suit number from the receptionist. At first, the receptionist was not happy on the idea of just giving away a customer's hotel room. It was against company policy and could be a security hazard.

Emma flashed her a few hundred bucks and promised not to tell her boss. It worked. Just one more perk of being a billionaire.

She knocked. At first she thought Rachel would not answer so she was surprised when the door suddenly open and the angry looking Rachel appeared.

"Emma, what are you doing here?"

"Hi Rachel."

"What are you doing here?"

"It's about Viktor."

"I don't care about Viktor. He can be with his bimbo and be happy, I don't care. I am also happy with my kids. Tell him that. Now, go away." Yup. She was still mad.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you all like it! Care for some feedbacks?