Status: Please give it a try and give me some feedbacks! :)

Look at Me

Chapter 26 - The Reveal

Rachel was not able to sleep at all. Most of last night was spent by Rachel either crying or thinking of the future. She was still hurt by the events that unfolded that night. Viktor cheated on her. He betrayed not only her but their kids as well, the kids who had come to adore him and look up to him. Could he be any more selfish?

She woke up suddenly feeling refreshed. However, reality dawned at her in one second flat. Suddenly, she remembered they were in a hotel because she ran away. She still had to find a new apartment. She had a lot to do!

Her kids started moving from the other bed on the other side of the decent sized hotel room. They were waking up.

"Mom?"

"I'm here, baby. Shhh." She rushed to the other bed to comfort Alice.

"Are we going home?"

"No, sweetheart."

"Not yet?" asked Alice who was very much alive, unlike her brother who was still barely awake.

"Not ever." replied Rachel. She hated that they wanted to go home. She realized that this was the third time she was moving her kids to a new home. She did not want to move them so much but it seems like destiny had a plan of its own.

"But Mom! I want to go home now!"

"Alice, we can't move back."

"Why?"

"Because I caught your father almost having sex in a small closet with his crazy ex girlfriend." That was her initial thought but realized that it would not be a good idea. She demolished the though and instead went with, "Because of a lot of reasons.

"Where's Dad?" At this point, Oscar was fully awake and had caught on with the conversation of his sister and mother.

"I don't know."

"When is he coming with us?"

"He is not coming for us. I told you already last night, he's not going to be with us anymore."

"I want to see Daddy!" exclaimed the both of the kids.

She had to change the subject quickly! "Are you guys hungry?"

"... Yes, Mom."

"Let's order some food, then." She hoped that that conversation was the last of it.

"I want some pancakes!"

She ordered some breakfast food from the hotel. Although the charge was not exactly expensive, it still hurt her budget. She was not with a billionaire anymore. She had to go back to a normal lifestyle!

The rest of the morning was spent by the kids watching some cartoons while Rachel looked for adds for an apartment in her laptop. She really got lucky with her previous apartment. It seemed like all the available apartment at the moment was high priced.

How was she going to pay for the apartment anyway? She would either quit or get fired from HS Group. It was funny because her main reason on moving back to Minneapolis was that job. Now, she's about to lose it. Rachel and life had a love-hate relationship.

Her late morning was interrupted by a loud knock at her door. The person must have been in a hurry. Whoever was on the other side was pounding it!

Out of habit, she opened the door without looking at the peep hole. The person she saw was the last person she expected to see. It was freaking Emma Spielberg. She had the nerves to show her face after everything that has happened!

Granted, it was not her fault, but come on!

"Emma, what are you doing here?" was all Rachel could say. Emma's eyes were red as if she was crying or was not able to sleep.

"Hi Rachel."

"What are you doing here?"

"It's about Viktor." Rachel was suddenly furious. Emma was with Rachel when they witnessed how Viktor cheated. Emma saw every thing with her own two eyes and she decided to not only show to Rachel but actually bring up Viktor!?

"I don't care about Viktor. He can be with his bimbo and be happy, I don't care. I am also happy with my kids. Tell him that. Now, go away." She tried to close the door but Emma was quick on stopping her.

"Rachel, please!"

"Wait, how did you find us here anyway?"

"I called the bank to track your purchases from your credit card. It lead me here. I may have used a bit of my money to find your room number." Wow! The Spielbergs were officially the masters of using their own money for pleasure. It was scary to think that for some hew hundred dollars, the receptionist could just give away customer's information that easily.

"Well, now, you found me. Good for you. Bye."

"No please. Rachel. Wait. Please." Why was Emma suddenly desperate to talk to her.

"What is it Emma? I believe we don't have any thing to talk about. We stopped being sister-in-laws the moment we saw Viktor with that brainless bimbo." Rachel had to keep her voice down. She did not want the kids to hear her.

"Rachel, yes, I was there. I saw it too."

"Well then, you should have seen the he was cheating! You have the nerves to show up here?" Once again, Rachel tried to close the door. Emma resisted.

"No, please, please, please, Rachel, no, please, wait!"

"What do you want from me, Emma? I'm trying to move on here! Go away!"

"Rachel, it's not what you think it is."

"Emma, since you are insistent, fine, say what you have to say but do it now. I have better things to do." Rachel was slowly losing her patience.

"Everything that you saw in there, it was not Viktor's fault."

"You came here to tell me that? To defend your brother?"

"No, no, no, Rachel. It really was not his fault. Trust me on this one. I never asked for your trust before but this is really important. You did not even barge in and confront him about. You did not give him the benefit of the doubt. You don't know the whole thing!"

"Fine, whose fault is it? What are the things that I'm missing?"

"Rachel,I can tell you the whole story but I'd rather make Viktor do that. I believe that is between you two and not me. I just came here to convince you to talk to him. So let's go."

"I haven't even decided if I'm ready to face him."

"Please. He really need you and the kids right now." Rachel was taken aback by Emma's words. She had not been the one to beg before. Emma was the girl that gets everything in a snap. Rachel was not going to give up that easy, though.

"Does he need Wanda, too?"

"No. Please, come with me to see him. You will understand everything. Please."

Rachel was contemplating hard. "Fine. I'll go talk to him to hear him but that's that. I will still move out with the kids." Rachel hoped she did not make a mistake.

"You're going!?" Emma said excitedly. "Ok, gather the kids and change into something more casual then let's head out to Abott Northwestern Hospital."

"What?! Why are we going to the hospital? She we be going to our house... I mean Viktor's house now."

"Rachel, Viktor need you right now because he's in the hospital. He had been in a car accident this morning." Gasps was all Rachel's reply.

"Really? Oh my God! Is he ok? How is he?"Rachel, too, was surprised she was worried. After everything that happened, she should not be worried at him! In fact, she should be happy because he was getting what he deserved, karma! Ok, maybe she was not that cruel, but still, she should not care about him. But she cared about him.

"I think he is ok. Guess why he was in the road when the accident happen."

"Why?"

"He was coming to get you and the kids." So Viktor was in the accident because he was looking for Rachel and the kids? That made her guilty.

"Hi, aunt Emma!" said Oscar who had finally noticed the commotion by the door.

"Oh cutie pie! Come here!" They exchanged a big hug.

"Where's Dad?"

"We are going to see him right now."

"I thought Mom doesn't want to see him?"

"Well, I convinced your Mom to see him." She turned to Rachel. "So, just get ready? We should head out now."

Emma along with Rachel with the kids holding each of her hands, walk through the hospital corridors. She did not know what to expect. Emma told her Viktor was fine but what if he's not? More importantly, why did she care? She should be mad at him! Stupid of her to agree to come!

They entered one of the rooms. The first thing that Rachel noticed was Anette and William was there. The rest of the family must have visited hours before.

"Rachel! You're here!" Anette hurried to hug Rachel.

"Yes, I am." Rachel said awkwardly. Did these people not know what Viktor did?!

"Oh and I missed my little babies!"She turned to the kids and hugged them as well. Unlike Rachel, the kids returned the hug.

Before Rachel knew it, Oscar and Alice were out of Anette's embrace and was running to the bed yelling "Dad!" They really missed him.

That was the first time Rachel saw a glimpse of Viktor after she caught him cheating. What drew her attention aside from the smug look on his face was the stitch from on his lips downwards on the side of his face. "How did Viktor manage to look better than most man I know with that nasty stitch on?" Rachel thought in her head. Woman, get a grip!

Oscar and Alice was trying really hard to get on the bed.

"Oscar, Alice, Dad is hurt. You can't be on the bed with him. You're going to wake him up. He needs his sleep to get better." However, she was too late. Viktor started moving. It was obvious the anesthesia was wearing off. He is waking up.

The first thing Viktor saw when he opened his eyes were his little prince and princess. They were there staring at him with wide eyes. They were adorable. "Hi there, Alice and Oscar."

"Dad! You're awake!"

"Yes Alice. Come here and give me a hug!" The two kids did.

After interacting with the kids, he looked up and saw his mother, William, and Emma was there. He was surprised to see Rachel, who looked better than ever.

"Hell, Rachel."

"Hi, Viktor." she said sharply. Viktor noticed a small glit of anger in her eyes.

"Are you still mad at me?"

"Hang on you two. I believe you need to talk some things out. We're going to head out with the kids so you two will have some privacy. By the way, Viktor, are you feeling fine?" Anette said.

"Mom, I'm feeling alright."

"Ok then. I'll make the doctor check on you later. Alice, Oscar, come with me, let's grab some coffee and chocolate for you." At the sound of chocolate the kids jumped excitedly and followed their grandma outside, so did Emma and William.

So, this is it. The moment of truth.

"Rachel, are you mad at me?"

"Let's see. I caught you kissing your ex girlfriend. Am I mad at you?"

"Please, Rachel. I'm serious."

"Well yes! I am mad and hurt. I feel betrayed, not only me but the kids as well. I feel stupid for falling back to you again."

"Let me explain. It was not my fault!"

"You were there and you were not resisting. What do you mean it was not your fault!?"

"Wanda drugged me, Rachel. I was not sober when that happen."

"What?"

"It was a long story. I actually don't remember anything from that night, because as I said, I was drugged. Emma got into the bottom of all of it. It turns out, Wanda wanted to separate us. She drugged me to have her way with me. She planned on you seeing the moment. Since you walked away, I guess she did succeed."

"How do I know you're not lying, Viktor?" She did not want to commit the same mistake again!

"Valerie and Wanda confessed to Emma. Valerie even confessed to the police! Trust me, Rachel, it was all Wanda's fault and I had nothing to do with it." Was Wanda really that crazy that she was willing to destroy a marriage?

Viktor continued. "We had pressed charges against them, Rachel. This is legitimate. We are also planning on restraining order against Wanda. I can tell you the whole story but do we really need to talk about Wanda right now? Do you believe me, Rachel?"

If what Viktor was saying was true, she almost blew her relationship. she should not have run away! That was close. she thought she would not ever run away from her problems ever again. She thought she was better and braver. Apparently, not.

"I don't know what to say... I'm sorry for... running away instead of facing you." She leaned closer to him.

"I'm sorry too. I should have run away from her the moment I saw her. By the way, why did you not barge in and stop us? Why was is so easy for you to think I was cheating? Where is the trust?"

"My trust for you is small, Viktor."

"What the heck!? Why?" Viktor raised his voice a notch higher then what he was planning.

"Are getting mad at me for not trusting you? Well, if I should remind you, you never gave me a single reason to trust you! I was just a fling to you back then. We were just fooling around and now, I know you married me only for the well being of Oscar and Emma and the baby in my stomach. I know I'm not you number one choice. That's why it was that easy for me to think you'd be with someone else the moment you get the chance!" Man, she was fired up. Viktor just had to hear her mind!

"That's not true. Look at me, Rachel. I love you." Rachel was stunned. That was the first time she heard the L word from Viktor, let alone, hearing he loves her! For sure, they had said sweet stuff to each other before, but this time, it was something else.

"Wha... what?"

"I love you, Rachel. I was attracted to you the first time I saw you in university. I fell in love with you after I got to know your personality. I've always loved you ever since." Viktor was not usually the one to talk about this kind of stuff. The fact that he was being mushy was saying a lot!

"You... why did you not show it? You've always treated me like we were just fooling around! you did not show it, Viktor! You were just... rubbing it in my face every chance you get." Rachel's eyes were tearing up. Tears could fall any moment now.

"I love you, Rachel. I just could not say it back then because... because... I was young, dumb, idiot, naive, and scared. I was afraid you don't love me as much as I love you. I was afraid you could just leave at any time. I was afraid you would not return the love to me. I guess, I was wrong. I'm sorry, Rachel. I should have told you that I love you long long time ago. If only I had accepted your request to make our relationship official, you would not have run away. You would not have to go thought he pregnancy alone. You would not have suffer alone."

"Oh... Viktor."

"Hang on Rahcel. I'm not done. If only I was not stupid, you we would have been together all these years. The kids would have known me right off the bat. I would never have met Wanda and she would not have done this to us. Please, Rachel, forgive me. Forgive me for every thing. I love you, babe"

"Well, I would have to say sorry, too. I should have face the problems head on instead of running away. I love you too, Viktor. I love you." Viktor was taken aback. She said it right back! He was afraid she would slap him after he said that to her. She loved him too! He was happier more than ever.

"Do you, really?"

"I do. Just like you Viktor, I was scared, too. You were popular, rich and attractive. You were larger than life. There were a lot of girls who were par on your level. I was not on what to do. I love you, I really do." She leaned in and gave Viktor the best kiss he ever had. It was fast but sweet. The kiss was a bit demanding, too.

Happy tears everywhere!

The kiss would have been perfect if it wasn't for the pain that it cause to Viktor's lips with stitches. It was painful.

"Ouch."

"Oh... sorry, Viktor. Did it hurt?"

"Your kiss was a tad bit possessive." He chuckled.

"Well, of course, I should be possessive. You are my husband. But seriously, how are you feeling? Does it hurt?"

"When I talk, it does hurt a bit but manageable. But when you kiss me like that, with pure hunger, it does hurt a lot."

"It's either my kiss or your lips." She jokingly said.

"Rachel, we're good now, right? You're not mad at me anymore?"

"No. I should not be mad at you in the first place."

"You know what, Rachel, I kind f happy this happened. Otherwise, we would have live like there's a cold war in the house. You know, we tolerate each other but deep down, we know we're not really fine. I'm not saying I'm happy that Wanda insulted and I got into this damn accident and you saw me kissing another woman. I am not happy for those. I'm just glad we had this talk."

"Me too." since she could not kiss him again, she just leaned down for hug.

"I'm glad that i have finally confessed my love to you. I really was just looking for a perfect time to say I love you. I guess this was the right time."

"Ohhh, Viktor. I just love you. I don't have any thing else to say."

"Rachel, let's build a new life together. A life with trust."

"Yes. A life with trust and love and full of happiness." Rachel said as she huddle close to him. She did not expect to be cuddling with Viktor in a hospital bed the moment Emma showed up in her hotel room. she guessed it was still great so she'll take it.

"Let's put the past behind us. The future is beaming up on us."

"I love you, Viktor."

"I love you woo, babe." Since the both of them had declared their undying love for each other, it was now easy for them to say it again and again and again.

As if on cue, the door opened and Oscar and Alice come running to their parents.

"Well, guys, what's the point of having a perfect family without the adorable little kids." said Emma as she closed the door immediately giving privacy to the four Spielbergs.

"Mom? Is Dad ok?" asked the weary Alice. The two kids hopped on to bed with Rachel and Viktor.

"I will be fine, Alice." Viktor reached to hug his daughter. Oscar, on the other hand settled by Rachel's side.

"Dad, what's that on your face?"

"It's just stitches, Oscar. It will go away eventually."

"Mom are we going back home?"

"Yeas honey, we are going back home with Daddy."

The future was looking bright for them.

---

How was the story? Tell me!

Thanks for putting up to it, by the way!