Status: Please give it a try and give me some feedbacks! :)

Look at Me

Chapter 4B - The Dinner

Viktor was enough of this day. It was hectic and stressful, although productive for the whole company. He just struck a deal about building a few facilities for the 2020 Summer Olympic Games. He was proud but tired. All he wanted to do was just go home, take a shower and get ready for his family's weekly dinner. His mom makes the best cheesecake ever.

It was 4:30 pm, thirty more minutes for him. Since he was the CEO, he could technically leave anytime but he wanted to set a good example for him employees about time, effort and commitment. He wouln't leave early but he can do nothing. He admired his office.

There was a window showcasing Minneapolis' great skyline so was S.Paul's. There were books and books and a lot of books encased in very expensive cabinets made of mahogany. There was an inscription of HS in his door. In fact, there was an inscription of HS in every door in the building.

His great-grandfather, Klaus Spielberg moved to Duluth, MN, from Bremen, Prussia in 1902. He sold all his possession in took all the money with him to start a life in the new lands, just like most immigrants that time. He was an architect and set up an architecture firm. He partnered with a friend named Thomas Hoffman. So the Hoffman-Spielberg Group was created, HS Group for short.

Since then, a lot of things have changed in the company. Thomas Hoffman left but Klaus Spielberg didn't bother to change the name since some customer had already made business with him through that name. The architecture firm has also grown into an engineering firm, as well as surveying, and urban planning firm. Basically, the company can do business that has anything to do with land and whatever's going to happened on the land.

Viktor was thankful for his great-grandfather for his hard work, and now he was benefiting from him. He was now the CEO of HS Group and now worth billions and have a corporal headquarters throughout the world.

He heard a knock on the door and the head of his younger brother, Robin, popped in. "Hey, you ready? It's now 4:55, I'm sure the CEO can leave five minutes early."

"Hang on, I'll just make sure I'll just make sure my secretary faxed the IOC about the deal today."

"Oh yeah, I heard about that, congrats! Now hurry up."

He quickly phoned his secretary and the job was done "You're excited today...."

"I am not but Mom is. She's really eager about this week's edition of 'Anette's Cooking Show' aka the Spielberg's family dinner."

"Count me in as being excited, those cheesecakes will be the death of me." He chuckled as they both headed out of the room into the elevator. Robin, two year younger than him, was a worker in the building. He was a senior engineer. He might be young but since his family own the place, he can basically be anything he wants to be. Their sister, Emma, who was three years younger than Viktor, also works at the company as human resources manager, a position so high for her since she just graduated. "Do we have to stop by 7th floor to get Emma?"

"Nahh, she left an hour ago, you know her."

"I'm so happy that you are all here tonight... and early. I swear, every week, one of you is always late." said the ever so lively Anette Spielberg.

The the whole family was seated in the elegant and obviously expensive dining room of the Spielberg mansion.

" I know mom, you are referring to me.... 15 minutes late is not that bad." said William, a college student.

"But we're all here now and we're all early, probably because of you Mom" said Emma.

"Oh about that... yes. Your father and I wanted to ask you all something." As she looked at her husband and he nodded. Her kids looked at her thoroughly. Should they be scared? " As you know, you father and I married early and had kids at younger age than average. I guess what we're asking is a grand baby, from any of you." she finished off with a champagne. Her kids' eyeballs popped out of their eyes and their jaws dropped to the floor.

"What are you talking about, Mom?"

"It can get boring in here during the day. Your mother and I just wanted someone to play with during the day. I missed having babies around the house." Finally, Nikolas, their father, interjected.

"Dad, you have the money to do basically anything imaginable. I'm pretty sure you can find anything that might amuse you during the day. Sports, maybe? Hobbies? Things like that?" Robin suggested.

"Yes but I want a grand child. Doing an expensive sport or having a costly hobby is fine but having a grand baby is priceless."

"We don't want to have families yet, Dad!" Emma almost yelled. "We have careers you know."

"You know what? By the time, I was Viktor's age, I already have two kids, and you're on your Mom's tummy.

"Since Viktor is the oldest, make him do it"

"Now that's a good idea, Emma." said Robin.

"Hey! this is not about me! They said any one one us. I think it should be you, Emma. You're the one who's the sucker for romantic sappy movies. Having babies shouldn't be hard for you huh?"

He knew that William, Margaretha, and Elizabetha who were in all in college are way too young to have a family so his parents would nag and bug the three oldest.

"Enough of that, Viktor." interrupted Nikolas. "So who would do it? who would give us grand kids?"

"It's not that easy, you know. You can't just demand something like that. Can't you just demand something.. that can be bought?"

"No. We want grandchild as soon as possible. What is something suddenly happens to us?" Anette tried to make them guilty.

"Oh please, Mom. Don't give us that. You and Dad were still on your late forties. You are definitely way too young to go to heaven." It obviously didn't work for Emma.

"Just please.Will any one of you just please try? You, Viktor. why don't you set up an example to your siblings?"

"They don't ever look up to me, Mom. They'll do whatever they want. If they don't really want to get married, it doesn't matter if I do or not. So please, mom. Just drop it."

"No we won't."

"Sure mom, we'll just get you a kid in a way days." Robin said sarcastically.

Little did Viktor know, he already had two cute babies just waiting to meet him. Hopefully soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
The second part of Chapter 4.