Status: Active

Eternally Tied

Blood Sample

4 a.m. Adam’s house

Davinia had fallen asleep two hours ago while Adam played his guitar in the living room. He had played a soft ballade on purpose, knowing the human girl was doing her best to keep awake but he didn’t want her to mess up her sleeping schedule. He feared what could happen to her already sensitive metabolism. Making sure she was sleeping heavily, Adam fed from his blood reservation and then he carried Davinia to his bed. Today completed the first full week on her staying at his house and Adam found that thought to bring him happiness. For the first time in a while he wasn’t alone and it felt even better because it was her. His beloved Davinia.

After making sure that Davinia had blankets around her, Adam laid down and relaxed, closing his eyes. Davinia woke up suddenly, not long after, arching up for air as she felt Adam slowly move beside her.

“Little bird,” He soothed, kissing her naked shoulder as she struggled for breath, panting. Cold sweat covered her body as she shivered and he gently, brushed her dark purple hair back. She had been asleep for only two hours before a nightmare overcame her, as it was usual. Adam never pointed this out, he simply did his best to calm her.

“Little bird, I’m here.”

“Adam.” Davinia whispered as he cupped her face in the darkness, her warm tears falling down his cool hands “Adam, I... I’m scared.”

“I know but you don’t have to be, it was a dream. I will keep you safe, I made you a vow Davinia.”
Adam said in his calm yet assertive tone. Davinia knew he was not to be played with and he meant when he said he’d keep her safe.

“He... He keeps haunting my dreams.” She sobbed as Adam pulled her close to wrap his arms around her as she curled to him. Davinia always felt so small in his arms but he loved her so. She was small and she needed protection and love, all of the things Adam could and wanted to give her for as long as she would let him. He knew he’d get them double in return.

“I will keep you safe, my dearest.” Adam whispered to her, rubbing down her back “Come now, you have to sleep. Sleep, my little bird. Sleep and rest, I will watch over you.”


~~

Adam’s meetings with Davinia continued for months and they never changed much. They’d greet, she would give him the blood and he would leave to feed. This happened for ages but what changed was Adam. With every meeting, his desire for the girl’s blood grew and grew. Even though he was surrounded by humans and he was being given blood without a question, something about her smell attracted him and, as in everything, what was forbidden was what the vampire always craved the most.

Besides that, he continued to observe her often. He still didn’t know what was so time consuming for her inside that laboratory but her relationship was far more interesting. Her boyfriend picked her up every night and he stayed at her house every night as well. Adam knew because he had followed them a couple of times. Something about that guy called him off, it didn’t seem right but who was he to interfere? The girl seemed happy. As happy as she could be actually.

Now as he prepared himself to go into the hospital again, Adam kept repeating in his mind that he had to behave. He couldn’t taste the girl. He couldn’t. He wouldn’t.

“Good evening Doctor Faust.” Davinia greeted with a smile just as he was coming in “I was just finishing sorting your usual order. Here you go.” She said, placing all the bottles of blood on the table so Adam could place them inside his briefcase.

“Thank you Davinia.” Adam replied simply, closing his briefcase.

Davinia returned to her seat, used to having the mysterious and quiet doctor leave the lab as soon as he had his things but this time it didn’t happen. Before she could turn to her papers, she glanced at him.

“Anything missing Sir?” She asked, feeling him observing her behind his shades.

It would all be so much easier if Adam just used his powers to glamour her and make her tell and do anything he wanted but that would spoil all the fun.

“No nothing.” Adam replied, picking his things up before he suddenly left. For a moment there, he almost lost it.

Davinia sighed and went back to work. Her research was beginning to lead her into a dead end. She took another sample of her own blood and stocked it with a different tag so that nobody knew what she was actually doing. The truth was that Davinia was there under false pretence. Both their teachers as well as all the hospital staff thought she was doing a study about blood cells but she was actually using the high tech equipment to study her own blood and figure out what was different about her.

During her lifetime Davinia had never gotten sick. Not even the flu or a small cold. In her family, there was a bit of a genetic tendency to have either diabetes or allergies and Davinia had neither of them or even a slightly sign that it might happen. She also always had incredible blood pressure and her heart was strong. It was like she was a miracle child despite her mother claiming that both her pregnancy and labour had been difficult, Davinia had almost died after a few seconds without oxygen. The doctors had feared for brain damage but Davinia had grown a normal, healthy child.

She had been athletic during her school years and she had never disappointed with grades either, which was why she had gone into Medicine but she knew, deep down, that something was different about her. Every time she got a tiny bruise, it would disappear within seconds and the same happened with cuts, no matter how big. Whatever things happened to her, her body seemed to regenerate faster than lightening and Davinia knew that was odd. There was no way that a burn or a cut could heal that fast but she tried to keep this hidden from everyone, only her boyfriend seemed to know about her speedy recoveries because he was always with her.

Kevin and Davinia had been together ever since their first year at University. Unfortunately for him, he had to drop out because he couldn’t afford his superior education so he just worked at a bar now, trying to make ends meet. Davinia managed to keep studying through her scholarships and by giving as many hours as she could to volunteer programs that helped with academic costs.

They were both living together now and Kevin always picked Davinia up because she stayed until pretty late. That night wasn’t an exception.

“Hey cotton candy.” Kevin smiled as he entered the lab. The whole hospital crew know him by now, most of the nurses and interns secretly drooled over him and were envious of Davinia for having such a hot boyfriend. Davinia didn’t really care much for this and she spent all her time in the lab and not socialising.

“Hey Kev.” Davinia smiled, rubbing her tired eyes as she took a few final notes before she stood up. She took off her white lab coat before Kevin came in for a hug.

“Mhm how long have you been here love?” he asked, rubbing her back.

“Since... 6pm, I think.” Davina yawned as he cupped her face tenderly, watching as she smiled lazily “Let’s go home?”

Davinia nodded and went with Kevin, his arm around her as they walked together to his motorbike. The ride home was about 15 minutes and once they were in, Kevin offered to make Davinia some food while she took a quick shower before bed.

The young woman was asleep in no time with Kevin beside her. The next morning, as usual, Davinia dragged herself out of bed and after a cup of coffee, she was off to classes and in for another busy day.

Later that evening, as she reached the lab, she was a bit startled to find Doctor Faust there.

“Sir, I’m surprised to see you here.” Davinia said, as the man stood by a corner of the lab, clearly waiting for her “Is something wrong?”

“No, Davinia, all is fine.” Adam replied, removing his sunglasses so that their eyes met for the first time. His eyes were a colour Davinia had never seen before and Adam smiled a little as he clearly saw the pretty colour of her grey eyes. “Be calm and sit.” He said, using his powers so that Davinia would obey.

“Tell me,” Adam said, sitting in front of her “Was the blood you gave me yesterday all from people that donate?” He asked, feeling slightly fidgety, though he was strong because he had fed the night before, he was anxious to know.

Something had felt different the night before. Instead of that ecstasy sensation he normally felt, Adam had felt something much stronger kick in with something particular he had tasted and he hadn’t been able to keep still since then. He was worried though he had felt nothing but amazing. It was almost as if he had tasted actual food but he couldn’t be sure because he had forgotten what everything tasted like, except for blood.

Davinia nodded “Yes it was sir.”

“Are you sure?” Adam pressed calmly “Isn’t there a chance that there has been a mistake? Contaminated blood?”

Davinia shook her head “No sir, I was careful and blood that might be contaminated never reaches this lab.”

Adam sighed and decided to lock the door. He then went back to the cabinet and took out a small tube, the one with Davinia’s sample. The first thing he had smelt when he reached the lab, it was that tube and it smelled like the best thing on earth.

“Who is this from? A donor?” Adam asked her.

Davinia reached out to read the tag and shook her head “It’s mine.”

Adam widened his eyes, unscrewing the cap of the small bottle to smell it properly. A guttural growl left his lips as he closed his eyes. It smelled beyond divine but he quickly closed it and put it back so that he wouldn’t drink it. Approaching Davinia, he whispered “I was never here.” And then he was gone.

Adam disappeared into his car and drove back home, relieved that he wasn’t sick but afraid as he recognised that what he had drunk, smelt a lot similar to Davinia’s blood. Perhaps she had put a sample of hers along with his by mistake, which wasn’t too serious but it left Adam thinking. Why didn’t her blood smell like all human blood? Was she sick? And why did it taste differently? The one he had smelled seemed to feel much stronger, the one he had actually drank seemed like just a little drop. Oh how he craved for it, to drink it straight from the source to be both sure of the taste but also to have the pleasure he got from it.

Shaking his head, he sighed and went home, hoping to be distracted by his music instead of having Davinia in his thoughts. The night before, he had been graced with dreams of her and no bad memories. Whatever that blood had, it gave Adam a peaceful night which he hadn’t had in a century. He wanted more. Plenty more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone!
First of all, thank you so much for reading and I hope it's not too confusing but I love to add these little snippets of what we can see of Adam and Davinia in a very near future. I hope you enjoy them! All feedback is welcome!