Status: Active

Eternally Tied

Straight From the Source

“You have to wake up.”

Adam stirred slightly in bed, trying not to smile as he pretended to still be fast asleep.

“Adam...” Davinia whispered, her dark hair tickling his chest as she moved over him, stopping when they were face to face “Adam.” She pouted as he recognised her whiny tone.

“It’s inhumanely early.” He grinned, opening his silver eyes slowly to meet hers. A small smile took over his thin lips as she rolled her eyes.

“The sun has been down for at least three hours Adam. You’re just a sleepy head.” Davinia pointed out, chuckling as he suddenly shifted them, so that he was on top “Hey! You promised not to use super-speed.”

“I promised not to use super-speed in general but I never promised not to use it in bed.” He smirked “And how could I ever promise that if it means that I can get you under me every time I wish?” He purred, loving to see a blush rush to her cheeks in a matter of seconds.

Davinia’s pale skin left nothing to hide. The small freckles were adorable in Adam’s eyes but her blush was a permanent reminder of the beating heart inside of her chest and of the blood pulsing through her veins. Adam was unable to blush but Davinia’s heartbeat was a sound that soothed him like nothing else. He often fell asleep while his head rested on her chest precisely because of it. The vampire kissed her forehead as she laid under him. Adam knew that they had come a long way for Davinia to finally be this relaxed under him and he had grown comfortable with her presence as well.

“Now... why were you so eager to wake me? Do we have anything to do little bird?”

“Not really but I’m starved and you have no food. Again.”

“No food for you.” He chuckled, stopping once she narrowed her eyes. Apparently, she meant it. She was starved. “Fine, fine, I don’t want you to complain about me little bird. What would you like to get?”

“Anything as long as we cook together again, what do you think?”

The vampire smiled “Of course, let’s get dressed.”


~~

The first time that Adam had caught Davinia off guard was when she was grabbing her dinner inside the lab. She struggled at first to hide it from him, thinking he’d find it unprofessional but the vampire couldn’t care less. To him, she seemed a bit too skinny for a mortal her age and, given how tired she looked every evening, it was clear that she didn’t eat or rest properly.

“How is your work going, Davinia?” He asked, to make conversation, as she wiped her lips clearly embarrassed.

“Mhm... it’s going well, Doctor Faust, thank you.” She replied, smiling as per usual.
That evening, her pink hair was tied in a messy bun. Adam had wanted to ask her why that hair colour but it wasn’t his business. It rather suited her, he thought. It made her look different from everyone else inside that depressing building.

“How are you Sir?”

“Well. Thank you.” Adam replied without the hint of a smile.

Adam didn’t feel obliged to be polite or nice to anyone. He had only started calling Davinia by her name almost only six months after they had met and only because he felt like it would ease her. Whilst this went on, the vampire kept carefully feeding from the samples she gave him but he had never caught that little special on again.

He was dying for another taste. Even a single drop.

He had never tried to hypnotise her again and, as planned, she didn’t remember that little moment they had shared when he had questioned her. That didn’t mean that Adam wasn’t curious. He just wanted to find things out for himself. He was still failing to know what she was truly investigating. She had told him the title of the search but Adam was used to studying human expressions and he caught her lie easily. He was still far from the truth though and this girl proved to be a bigger mystery than what he had anticipated at first.

As she handed him his samples, Adam put them away but as he was about to speak, he felt a third presence join and he tensed. It was him. Her boyfriend.

“May I?”

Glancing at Kevin, Davinia smiled happily but glanced at Adam to wait for him to leave “Give me just a moment darling, I’m nearly done.” She replied as Kevin came in anyways.

“That’s alright, I’ll wait for you love. Good evening.”

“Good evening.” Adam replied dryly, closing his bag once he was done. He glanced towards Davinia and he saw her tense a bit. She was clearly confused about why he was staring straight at her from behind his sunglasses but he did as he usually did. He bid his goodbye and he left.

Sitting inside of his old Mustang, Adam sighed as he gripped the steering wheel, still not sure if he should go in or go home. The sound coming from inside the building was insanely loud and the overwhelming smell of blood was making his pupils widen. He wasn’t hungry per say but even still the smell affected him.

He knew that Davinia was inside. He had seen her get in with her boyfriend after he had followed them. He felt no shame in that fact because Adam was suspicious. Something about that man didn’t seem right to him and the vampire didn’t know why he cared. The fact was that Kevin had begun to interrupt Adam’s time with Davinia more and more and the vampire didn’t like that at all.

It took him only a couple more minutes to decide to give it a try. He got rid of his white medical coat and he got out slipping into his leather jacket. He messed up his hair, removing it from the ponytail and then he put his sunglasses on, preferring to play safe.

As he got into the crowded bar, Adam kept his cold and loner attitude so that he wasn’t bothered or noticed while he walked around to search for Davinia. He found her easily, due to her hair colour standing out amongst the general darkness of the place. Her boyfriend had his arm around her as they chatted and sipped on their drinks. They seemed just like a normal couple to the normal observer but to Adam something wasn’t right but he couldn’t quite place it.

Davinia smiled up at Kevin as they danced close together, without noticing that she was being watched. In truth, even if Adam and her stumbled against each other she’d have trouble recognising him due to all the hospital gear he wore every time they saw other.

The club they were in wasn’t really her thing but Kevin had insisted and Davinia didn’t have the energy to fight with him or give more suggestions. Luckily for her, she didn’t have classes the next day so she was able to sleep in and get a much deserved rest.

Davinia stayed with Kevin at the club until way past 2 am in the morning and, when she couldn’t stop closing her eyes, she told him that she wanted to go home. Kevin nodded and guided her out to take her home.

Adam followed them shortly after, learning where Davinia lived. He narrowed his eyes as they got in together, stumbling in, between kisses and giggles from her part. Once the door was closed, Adam drove off knowing what they would be up to before bed.

Once he was home, he fed and laid down with a defeated sigh. He closed his eyes and let himself go. Davinia came up first to him as the sensation from her blood came all over Adam, even though he hadn’t had her blood now, he could still remember the taste but then he remembered her. Her face, her smile, her kindness. He sighed, though he was mildly delighted. Why couldn’t he take her off his mind?

- One Month Later –

“Doctor Faust?”

Davinia stood up from her little stool, placing her pencil down as she stared at him a bit in shock. He wasn’t wearing his lab coat or proper hospital gear. Instead he was dressed in dark jeans, dark shirt and dark leather jacket, with combat boots and unruly hair. Davinia eyed him close, realising just how beautiful he was. As much as she had Kevin, she had always thought that Doctor Faust was a charming man. Not the most sociable or amicable but he was handsome and now she could see it better. It was just a shame that he never showed his eyes. There was also something about his quiet behaviour and mysterious attitude that drew her into him more and more but she tried not to think of it when so many other things went through her mind.

She had been using the lab to study for her finals but she hadn’t forgotten about the doctor and his unusual requests. Tonight something was different though. It wasn’t his usual day to come. He usually one came once a week. This was his second time in the same week.

Adam took a deep breath and locked the door behind him. He watched as Davinia tensed and he felt her heart racing. He couldn’t help but to smirk. As much as he wasn’t a vampire in the old days, it always made him rush when he sensed a human heart beating faster, the blood rushing warmer. It brought up all his animalistic senses, almost as if he was a predator and she a prey.

She remained silent as he observed her. She had been going over papers once more and he remembered Davinia mentioning something about exams on his visit last Monday.

Putting on a friendlier smile, Adam approached. He had gone over this by himself many, many times. He knew this was wrong but he had to do it. He had to have a taste, just one more little taste before he went insane. Of course that he wasn’t going to drain her but it had been over two months since that little sample and he needed to know. He needed to make sure that that blood he has tasted by mistake was hers . Removing his sunglasses, Adam locked eyes with Davinia.

“I’m not going to hurt you.” He said calmly, approaching her more than he had ever done before. “What were you doing?”

“I was studying.” Davinia replied in her usual soothing voice.

She was under a minor glamour. Adam wasn’t comfortable with completely hypnotising people so he used the smallest amount needed just so that they wouldn’t scream or remember and Davinia couldn’t remember what was about to happen. He had it all planned. He was just going to sink his fangs into her and taste her blood. It would all be clean and fast. No strings attached, just a feeding.

Of course that Adam’s will never goes according to plan.

He was always too meticulous and somewhat always too romantic when it came to drinking from a living mortal. If he had been starving, he would have been feasting on her already but he wanted to make this right, despite the circumstances.

He told Davinia to take off her lab coat and strip off her cardigan. She was wearing a nice blouse over her pale skin and Adam brushed her hair to the side, feeling her tremble a bit under his cool touch.

“Now, be a good girl and keep quiet Davinia. This won’t hurt and I will be quick.”

The girl nodded and stood perfectly still. The vampire, instead of doing it fast like he had planned, just stood and stared at her. He felt her soft strands of pink hair through his fingers and he nuzzled her softly. Her warm flesh was comforting and the smell of her fragrance was a delight. It was expensive, he could tell.

Gently tilting her head, Adam took his time on pushing her blouse down a bit, revealing her collarbone and neck. He licked his lips hungrily as he kissed over her vein, his arm wrapping around her small waist. He knew she wouldn’t remember any of this but he wanted to remember. He wanted to remember every single detail and, for a moment, experience all that that good-for-nothing Kevin experienced every time he touched her and held her.

Adam wasn’t jealous per say. He barely knew Davinia but she was kind and nice to him and that made a difference. She gave Kevin what Adam missed the most: love, care and touch. Given that he found Kevin to be undeserving, Adam wouldn’t mind to be the object of her affections or even her actions. Adam wanted to be loved again, that was a fact.

“You are so beautiful...” He murmured, gently kissing behind her ear before he returned to kissing her neck. Rubbing her back soothingly, Adam’s fangs sank into her warm and pure flesh.

Davinia cried out quietly as Adam held her tight as he drank from her, his breathing growing slower as he hummed and moaned. She was beyond delicious, she was divine. Getting a bit distracted, the vampire was forced to pull back before he drank too much. Davinia was falling limp into his arms but he kept her save.

His pupils were wide as he met her eyes and her expression was perfectly calm and almost loving. Adam knew it had been manipulated by him but he couldn’t help himself when he leaned forward and kissed her deeply. With a small growl of need and want, he pressed Davinia to him and the human moaned against his lips as he overpowered her.

As Adam was beginning to lose himself, there was a knock at the door.

“Davinia! Davinia, why are you locked in love?”

Adam groaned at the sound of Kevin’s voice and as he locked eyes with Davinia again, he wiped her red-tainted lips. He gently bit his thumb and used two drops of blood to heal the small wounds on her neck. The skin regenerated and there was no evidence of him ever feeding on her.

“Davinia, I was never here.” Adam repeated patiently, brushing her hair back “Once I disappear, you will open the door for your boyfriend and you will tell him that you had fallen asleep. Do you understand?”

“Yes.”

With a smile, Adam quickly fed from the window and Davinia returned to herself, slightly confused. She opened the door, feeling like she had to do it, and once she saw Kevin she felt her vision go dizzy and she passed out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone!
I'd like to think all of my readers and subscribers for your support. It means the world to me. Please keep your comments coming, I always love to read them.