Status: Active

Eternally Tied

Secret Meetings

Davinia chuckled when she felt Adam’s cool arms wrapping around her. She wouldn’t exactly use the term ‘couple’ to define them but the truth was that they pretty much lived and shared a life together. Davinia was in love with him and she knew that Adam was taking new steps all over again because of her. He hadn’t exactly changed, he had just opened doors that hadn’t been opened for centuries.

There was much she didn’t know about him but she wasn’t bothered about that. She knew that Adam would disclose more and more about himself with time and for now she just wanted to enjoy things as they came their way.

“Good morning.” He whispered, nuzzling his head on her neck while she cooked.

Before Davinia’s arrival, Adam’s kitchen was barely used but now it smelled like wonderful food for most of the time. Adam had expected for the smell to make him sick, because he hadn’t touched or made any actual food for centuries, but the opposite had happened. The different smells had triggered a feeling of comfort from when he was still a mortal man.

“How did you sleep?” Davinia asked while serving the hamburger she was cooking to the plate, placing a slice of cheese on top and then bacon.

“I slept wonderfully but then the bed turned cold and I woke up.” Adam chuckled, knowing he had
still slept for long after she had left the bed.

“I thought you didn’t like a warm bed.” Davinia laughed softly, turning to look at him.

With a smile, Adam kissed her forehead “I like it warm now because it means that you’re in it with me. It’s quite a comforting feeling.” Adam hummed.

He was usually a man of few words and, given that Davinia seemed to understand his little quirks and perks, he was more than comfortable with being more of action than of talking. He released her and carried her plate to the couch. Davinia brought the chips and sauces and sat with Adam. He placed an arm around her shoulder as she ate while he tried to find something for them to watch on his old television set.


~~

When Davinia woke up, Kevin was staring intently at her and a sigh of relief escaped his lips.

“Thank Goodness you’re awake. You scared me to death Cotton Candy.” He admitted, speaking quietly as he squeezed her hand, kissing her forehead before he pulled his chair closer.

“What... What happened?” Davinia asked as she looked around.

She had never been admitted into a hospital before so she was surprised to hear from Kevin that she had been out for at least eight hours after fainting in front of him when he had come to pick her up as usual. Apparently she had blacked out but the doctors were sure that it was from exhaustion and lack of proper rest.

“They even said something about your low blood pressure but I’m not too sure. Oh darling, I was so so worried.” Kevin said quietly as he moved to hug Davinia.

She frowned, gently petting his hair as she held him. “I’m so sorry love, I really am. I don’t remember fainting, I’m so sorry that I got you so worried.”

As Kevin told her that it was alright, that he was just worried and tired, a nurse came in. She checked on Davinia’s vitals and told her to wait because her university supervisor had been told about the incident and he was coming over to speak to her in just a moment. The young woman nodded as she stood, wanting to change back into her own clothes given that she could go home afterwards.

“I hope I’m not in trouble...” She murmured as Kevin helped her get dressed.

A few minutes later, her supervisor entered the room and he smiled softly at Davinia, though she brushed her hair back with embarrassment. If her supervisor was there, it meant that the hospital had called him and she knew that a sermon was coming up her way.

“I thought we had discussed your schedule well enough Ms. Sanford.” The man said patiently, making Davinia sigh.

“I know Sir.”

“Then what were you doing at the lab? This week you are meant to be studying for your exams. Research has to be put on hold, you agreed to it Ms. Sanford.”

“I was actually studying at the lab.” She said quietly, seeing the man sigh heavily “I can concentrate well there and it was quiet.”

“I don’t need to lecture you about the proper places to study in but for the next two weeks, you are not allowed inside the lab Ms. Stanford. I’m sorry to do this but I want you to focus and get excellent grades as you always do. Are we clear?”

Davinia nodded, trying to pay as much attention to all the lecture he gave her next about sleeping schedules, food and health. He mentioned something about fearing that she’d become anaemic but she ignored it as she handed over her access card. Wishing her well, her supervisor left and Davinia went back to her flat with Kevin.

Davinia had never gotten sick during all their time together so Kevin was a bit shaken up. He had called her mother to tell her but the woman lived on the other side of the U.S so coming over was impossible. He promised to call with updates and Davinia immediately called her mother the first moment she got to her flat.

After hanging up, the young woman began to undress. Her body was sore, she guessed from falling down to the floor, and as she was about to get into her large t-shirt, she felt Kevin join her on the bedroom.

“May I stay for the night love?”

“Do you still need to ask?” She grinned back at him before Kevin began to strip with a smirk. He reached Davinia quickly enough and he pinned her on the bed “You will keep out of that lab for two weeks?”

“I have to.” She pursed her lips “Why?”

“That means I get you all to myself for longer hours. Perfect.” He smiled, kissing her deeply while his hands caressed her sides, gripping her hips so that their bodies pressed together.

“Kevin,” Davinia muttered quietly as he kissed down her neck.

“Let me take good care of you.” He murmured against her skin, his touch gentle while each kiss turned into a small bite and then a small licking, he was marking her again. “I was so so worried about you, my love. You are everything to me.”

Davinia moaned softly under him but Kevin continued. He wanted to be slow and gentle but he couldn’t stop being as possessive as he always was. He didn’t quite show it to others but Davinia knew. She belonged to Kevin and she liked it. There was nothing he wouldn’t do for her, to keep her safe and close and liked her life to be like that. With his presence, his care and his protection.

Adam laid still on his bed but with his eyes open and alert. He felt terrible for what he had done. Only a few hours had passed and the vampire’s conscience was already beginning to eat at him. The rush of having Davinia’s blood in him was still alive and kicking but the vampire groaned as his usual ethic troubles began to surface as well.

He had almost drank too much. Almost. A bit more, a minute more, and he would have drained her. Luckily, he hadn’t. It would be a shame to lose her now that he was beginning to grow more and more curious. He hummed as he remembered what it felt like to actually bite her and drink from her. Adam hadn’t bitten a living mortal in years and it was like he was much younger again.

What he had felt after that was impossible to describe. Her blood had given him a rush of energy, like none ever before, and it lasted for a while longer than normal. He knew that there was something definitely different about her, about her blood but he couldn’t quite say what and he didn’t know where to start.

He was also worried about her, about how her body would react to his feeding. He had completely forgotten to stay and make sure she was alright but he blamed it on her boyfriend for interrupting. Getting out of bed, Adam got dressed again and he got into his car to drive back to the hospital.

He found the lab empty and without a trace of Davinia, not even her smell was there. He recalled knowing where she or her boyfriend lived so he drove there. He used his speed to approach the window and a mist of emotions overcame him as he watched Kevin and Davinia making love.

A hard stinging sensation spread through Adam’s chest but he couldn’t stop watching. He watched as they went on but his eyes focused on Davinia. Adam noticed how slim she was but beautiful nonetheless. Her breasts were small but her hips were well defined and her skin seemed so silky and soft. The mark on her neck was masked and Adam felt his fangs showing as he watched, his sexual appetite thirsty for a craving he had refused himself to satisfy for centuries.

Davinia was laying under Kevin, her legs willingly spread while one of her hands gripped his hair. He looked like an animal. He was devouring her and Adam couldn’t stop watching them. He could hear her moans, her pants and the way she murmured his name was sweet. In return, the man kissed her hard silencing her as he kept driving himself into her over and over. To Adam, this seemed like anything but love making. He was fucking her senseless and it was making Adam uncomfortable.

Clearing his throat, he gathered that she was more than well but as he was about to turn away, he saw something that caught his attention. Kevin and Davinia were beginning to cuddle, the sex was over and as she seemed to fall asleep, he saw the man stand up and walk to his pile of clothes. From it, he took a needle and filled it with a transparent liquid, which Adam could not identify and, very carefully, he proceeded to inject it into Davinia’s vein on her left arm.

Her breathing grew heavier and slower and she seemed to be in a deep, heavy sleep. After waiting for that effect to happen, Kevin proceeded to take about four small samples of her blood and then he got dressed. He scrambled a note and put everything away, making sure that Davinia would never even suspect what had happened.

Then he went out. Adam’s eyes followed him and the vampire decided to follow after Kevin, to see what this was all about. Why did he apparently drug his girlfriend? And what did he need her blood for?

Keeping a safe distance between their cars, Adam followed Kevin as he drove outside of the city, parking near to a warehouse. Adam thought that that part of the city was abandoned but clearly something new had come up there. He parked far away in the shadows, using his speed to approach just as Kevin entered the warehouse.

Adam found a place from which he could look inside and he remained there quiet while a conversation went on inside.

“I’ve brought what you asked.” Kevin said to a tall man, who was examining the samples.

“This is hardly all I’ve asked. I asked for about a litter of blood, what the hell can I do with these two samples?”

“There was a minor set-back.” Kevin replied, speaking calmly but coolly.

Adam could hardly even recognise him as it seemed that his manners around Davinia were completely different.

“Davinia had a health issue and this was all I could extract or you’d rather risk her life? She’s our primary source. If she’s gone, there will be no more of this.”

The other man groaned, accepting the small samples into a plastic bag.

“I hope you don’t forget all that you own us Kevin.” He said seriously, both of them looking into each other’s eyes. “We brought you up but we can just as easily wipe you out.”

“I’m aware.”

“Then don’t fail. This will hardly be enough to satisfy our needs and if you prove to be weak, we have our own means of action.” The man warned, giving Kevin a set of time to get more of the blood.

Adam inhaled sharply as he heard the conversation and he disappeared before Kevin was out of the warehouse. Adam had no clear idea of what it all meant. All he knew was that Kevin was giving or selling Davinia’s blood to the other man but he had no idea of what the purpose of it all was. Were they studying her perhaps? The man looked human so consuming the blood was something that Adam didn’t consider though he wondered a full set of options before he reached his house.

One thing was clear though. He was in too deep to ignore what he had heard. Davinia could be in danger and he had to do what he could to find out more and help her, keep her safe.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone!
Here is a picture of Kevin . I'm sorry but I forgot to post it after his first appearance.
I hope you all like this chapter and thank you for your support!