Status: Active

Eternally Tied

Break Up

After the first attempt on Davinia’s life, Adam hardly spent a moment away from her during the night. Mostly she didn’t know that he was there but he was, always attentive to any suspicious moves and that made her feel safe, even if she didn’t know that he was there.

Unfortunately, watching over Davinia meant that Adam couldn’t try and find out more about the extent of Kevin’s part in this story. He still had to see him though and, as much as the vampire just wished to snap his neck, he didn’t want to make Davinia hate him. He needed proof that Kevin was bad before he could do anything or even think about telling Davinia his suspicions.

One evening, when Davinia was home instead of the lab, Adam lurked mostly around her house and he was surprised when he sensed her open the door.

“Adam?”

Hearing her call for him, the vampire was in front of her in a second.

“Yes?”

“I had a feeling you were here.” Davinia chuckled, her bright pink hair tied into a messy bun while she wore a large t-shirt with leggings.

Adam quite liked the choice. She looked sweet and, as much as he wanted to deny it, he was becoming infatuated with her. It wasn’t just a matter of liking her blood, he also liked her. He spent time with her almost every night and he found himself fantasizing often about her in many ways. Not just sexually but also romantically. Adam missed being held and he missed just sharing his sleep with someone.

“What gave me away?” Adam wondered.

Davinia sighed “Nothing really... I just hoped you were here and so I called out for you. Mhm... would you like to come in?”

“Isn’t your boyfriend coming over?”

“No, it’s just me tonight.” Davinia replied.

“And you’re asking me inside?”

“Yes, if you want. I was just getting ready to either read or watch a film and... I’d like your company, if you’re interested.”

Adam watched her blush a bit and he smiled, though he restrained himself from reaching up to touch her.

“I’d love to go in.” Adam said, bowing his head as he stepped inside.

He hadn’t been inside a human house in ages so at first all of his senses hit him at once. Her smell was overwhelming, not to mention her presence and heartbeat. The hall wasn’t too bright but he could sense that the house was warm and bright if they happened to go further in.

“My gloves... My gloves, could you please remove them? It’s mhm... an old etiquette.”

“Oh, of course.” Davinia smiled, gently removing his leather gloves from his hands. Her warm fingers grazed his elegant hands and she gently paired the gloves, placing them on the mantel piece where she kept her keys. “Please come with me.”

Adam followed behind the human, noticing how different her house was from his. It was so neat and tidy, hardly a mess to be noticed and much lighter.

“So what shall we do?” Davinia asked as Sam Smith played in the background as they got into the living room.

“You mentioned watching a film.” Adam reminded her as he walked over to her stack of cinematic content.

“I did. Perhaps you could pick one?” Davinia suggested as she stopped the cd that was playing and turned on the television instead.

Adam nodded as his eyes analysed every name carefully. He was more of a music man so picking a film was a bit more difficult, given that he hardly knew any of them. After a while, he picked one by the title and Davinia chuckled.

“An epic film mhm? Alright, I’m up for this.” She said, motioning for Adam to sit while she got the film ready and pressed start.

She returned and sat down close to him. Adam rested his arm over the back of the couch, his attention permanently split between Davinia and the film, which wasn’t half as interesting as her. As the film ended and Adam turned to Davinia, he smiled as he found her sound asleep, nearly curled up to him.

With a small sigh, the vampire picked up the mortal and carried her to bed. He set her down in the darkness and he placed the covers over her. He was ready to return to his vigilance, when he felt her hand on his arm.

“Stay.”

Adam’s eyes widened a bit and he assumed she was dreaming about Kevin or something so he pulled away.

“Adam... stay. Please.”

Hearing his name, he hovered over Davinia.

“Are you sure?” He asked, his breath washing over her lips. It was pitch dark but he could hear both her breathing and heartbeat.

“Yes, please. With you, I’m safe.”

“Before the sun rises, I have to go.” Adam said as he laid down with her.

Davinia hummed “I know.” She said, moving closer “Thank you... for everything.”

“I do what I can.” Adam murmured, caressing her hair as she laid down beside him. He neared closer and pecked her temple “Forgive me for this Davinia...”

Before she could say anything in her half-asleep state, Adam’s lips pressed to hers. He wanted her to remember this kiss, to feel it, even if she was upset afterwards. To his surprise, she kissed back in a delightful way but Adam broke the kiss before he got carried away.

He was about to speak, when he felt Davinia shift a bit and lay closer to him “Goodnight Adam.”

The vampire smiled and curled up to her, closing his eyes though he wasn’t going to sleep.

When she woke up the next day, Adam was gone and the sun was up. The side of the bed where he had laid and watched her sleep was a complete mess and, though Davinia knew she should feel guilty about their kiss, she didn’t. Just like Adam’s feelings were growing, so were hers. Kevin and her hadn’t been well for months, long before Adam came along, and, to her surprise, not even the fact that he was a vampire seemed to turn her off. She craved for him in a way she had never felt for Kevin and the way Adam looked at her made her wonder what his own feelings were.

Getting up, she looked at herself in the mirror and finally came to a conclusion. Kevin and her didn’t make any sense anymore and she was just fooling them both if she let the relationship continue when she was clearly fancying someone else.

Inhaling deeply, she undressed and went to shower. She was going to see Kevin somewhere in the afternoon and she’d have to see if this was all just in her head or not. Maybe she was just fascinated over Adam but even still that didn’t make her feel bad.

Whilst Davinia thought about her relationship, Adam laid in his bed in pitch darkness. The sun was out, he could felt it but he couldn’t fall asleep just yet. He tapped his fingers on his stomach as he glanced at the empty space in his bed. Maybe he should have stayed with Davinia, he was so comfortable in her bed with her.

He thought about their kiss and smirked. He had kissed her before but to have a willing kiss felt a hundred times better. He didn’t plan to tell her that he had hypnotised her before, he’d rather just remember last night’s kiss as their true first one.

Adam didn’t actually care if he was slowly leading Davinia to put her relationship to the side or to think about it. Of course he’d care if that caused her pain but, instead, if it just caused for her to finally have Kevin out of her life, that would be good. It would be one less thing for Adam to think about.

Turning around, he hugged the empty pillow and closed his eyes. He was going to see Davinia in a few hours, it wasn’t all bad.

While sitting in her university’s café, the one that had tables outside in a garden, Davinia had her tea and continued her research. Still under a false pretence, she had just begun to dig through old files to see of people who might match her situation. She had been there since noon and she would stay until the evening, hoping Adam was at her house again when she went there.

When she suddenly felt someone hug her head, she was startled and closed the files, recognising Kevin’s laughter. She sighed a bit, though she was glad to have closed the confidential file.

“You scared me.”

“Sorry love, I just wanted to surprise you. You always look so beautiful when you’re focused.” He smiled.

Davinia smiled and shook her head, tensing a bit as Kevin leaned down to kiss her. He always kissed her like this was their last time together. She was often breathless afterwards and he was grinning.

“So what’s all this?” He asked as he sat down, facing the table filled with papers and Davinia’s tea cup.

“Research.” She smiled “Isn’t a thesis a pleasant thing?”

Kevin chuckled, brushing her hair back. He ran his fingers through a long strand of her pink hair, watching her intently.

“I’m sure you’ll do wonderfully darling. You’re very smart.”

“Thank you love.” She smiled, glancing at him. “Is everything okay?”

“Yes. I just missed you.” He said softly.

Davinia smiled and grew a bit quiet, watching his body language as he leaned in to kiss her again, clearly determined to make her end her work for the day. Davinia knew him well and most of the time, preferred for them to be in doors and, preferably, naked in her or his bed.

Despite their years together, Davinia knew that Kevin wasn’t a fool. She knew he was aware that she was different and that they were growing apart on both ends. They rarely went on regular dates anymore and she only saw him in the evenings, which had become a habit.

“Do you want a lift home?” He murmured in that husky tone she knew too well.

“I brought my car darling. Maybe you want to grab food here?”

Kevin’s face was of clear disappointment as he realised that his plans for a night with Davinia wouldn’t go exactly as he had predicted.

“I’m not hungry but I can keep you company.” He smiled.

“Sounds good. Let me organise this.” She said.

While she put her papers away and moved to a table indoors, due to the fact that it was night time, Kevin felt his phone vibrate and excused himself to take the call.

Leaving their table for a moment, Davinia went to see what they had that she could eat and, as she did this, Adam was already awake and on his way to her flat. Despite being sleepy, as soon as it was safe to go, he couldn’t stay in and away from Davinia.

On his way to her house, he sensed that she wasn’t there. Due to having had a taste of her blood, though minimal, Adam was able to feel her presence elsewhere so he looked at the three places he knew she could be: the bar, the lab or university.

When he finally found his pink-haired dove, she was standing inside a café. The vampire nearly noticed too late that she wasn’t alone. While she picked what to eat, he noticed Kevin sitting at a table and he was, of course, waiting for Davinia. Adam hid in a corner and watched as the young man opened up Davinia’s bag and peeked in at the sheets of paper that she had within.

Adam saw Kevin’s expression go from controlled calmness to tension. Despite keeping his appearance collected, Kevin was quick put the files back before Davinia even noticed and then he texted someone. As she came back and they sat together, Adam sighed.

She looked utterly beautiful but something was different between them. Kevin seemed to be all over her while she kept a discreet distance, eating her food as they chatted while his hand caressed her thigh under the table.

That made Adam tense. How he wished he had such freedom around her. How he earned to touch her in ways that Kevin did but do it better, touch her better, please her better instead of like an animal. Adam nearly worshipped Davinia, he could never take her like he had seen Kevin do, like if she was nothing but a body below him on a bed.

The meal was fairly quick and as Davinia excused herself to go to the bathroom, Adam followed. Making sure that he was alone, he let her see him as she got in.

Gasping, Davinia widened her eyes “What the hell are you doing?” She whispered, afraid that there was someone else inside the ladies’ room.

“We’re alone.” Adam said soothingly, softly reaching to lock the door behind her so he was sure that Kevin wouldn’t come in to check on her.

“What’s going on? I thought you’d wait at my flat or something.” Davinia said, though she purposely kept her tone quiet.

“We have to go.” Adam said seriously.

Davinia furrowed her brow “What do you mean? I’m with Kevin, I can’t just leave.”

“You have to.”

Davinia denied at first but she was startled when Adam grabbed her arm.

“Davinia, I didn’t save you that night for nothing. You have to trust me like you did then.”

“Adam, what is going now? You’re scaring me.” She admitted and the vampire noticed the slight faster beating of her precious heart.

“Please no... I don’t want to frighten you.” He softened, his green eyes looking down at her. “But we have to go.”

“I... I can’t leave Kevin there, he’ll grow suspicious.”

“Davinia,”

“I said no, Adam.” She insisted, pushing him away gently “I’ll see you in my flat. I promise it will be alright.” She smiled softly, leaving the bathroom.

To her surprise, Kevin was outside already and Adam stayed behind, clenching his fists. He knew it was dangerous but how to prove it?

“Thanks for holding that darling.” Davinia smiled as she took her bag from Kevin’s arm.

“You’re welcome, let’s go.” Kevin said, making sure nobody was following them as they turned the corner.

Davinia instantly widened her eyes as a group of men surrounded them, they were all dressed in black like the men that had approached her and Adam just a few nights ago.

“Kevin...” She whispered, inching closer to him.

“How long have you known that vampire?”

Davinia paled, unable to decide what to do as Kevin turned to face her. His smile was gone and she had never seen that look on his face before.

“What vampire?”

Kevin smirked “Did you think, for a second, that you could fool me, my love?” He said ironically “I know that to you this is confusing, that you’re probably scared but Davinia you brought this upon yourself. We don’t know who that vampire is but he will be a bother, though I know you’ve been involved with him.”

“What the hell are you talking about?” Davinia asked, clutching her bag closer as the men kept her in the middle of a circle, Kevin speaking to her. She easily understood that he wasn’t frightened and so she assumed that he was with them. That was shocking to her. She thought that, aside from Adam, she could trust Kevin.

“Of how special you are Davinia. And no, don’t try to hide it. You may fool your professors but not me. I know you’ve been studying yourself and I thank you for this,” He smirked, showing her the file he had taken from her bag “Thanks to you, we’ll have access to people who might be as special as you. Perfect. I knew you’d come in handy, you’re so smart.”

Davinia glared at him “You have no right to do this Kevin. Who are you? I... I thought...”

“That I loved you? That I truly was head over heels in love with you and that my only goal was to be your loving, understand boyfriend? No. No, Davinia. I’ve known about you for years and I knew that, in order to be close, I had to appeal to your feelings. It wasn’t difficult but I never loved you. Sex was great though.” He said, mocking her as the men smirked around her, making her feel humiliated.

“Now, you’re going to be a good girl and come with us, without a scream. There is someone who wants to meet you.”

Feeling someone grab her, Davinia fought back and Kevin rolled his eyes as he allowed the men to tie her up while he moved to get to a car. However, before they could finish that and carry her, Adam appeared from the darkness. Silently, he knocked most of the men out, using his supernatural speed to leave them all in confusion.

Hearing the yelling, Kevin turned back and he groaned as he saw all the men fallen while Davinia glanced up at a man that stood right in front of her, caressing her face as they whispered between one another.

“This is not your business vampire!” He yelled, making Adam glance at him, his usually light eyes were dark with anger.

“You’re wrong mortal.” Adam said seriously, holding Davinia to his side “This is all my business now. If you thought you could harm her, you are wrong. She’s not alone anymore.”

“She is going to come with us, do not mingle in this.” Kevin said, motioning for the remaining men to point their weapons at them.

Adam smirked “She is coming with me.” He said, holding Davinia tight as he used his super speed to run off with her before they had a chance to shoot them or chase them.

Reaching his car, Adam gently pressed Davinia to him as they remained silent. Kevin’s voice could be heard in the distance as he called out for Davinia but Adam had killed most of his men, so the smartest thing would be for him to leave.

“Davinia,” Adam called gently, seeing her blank expression as she stared at where they had ran from.

“He betrayed me.” Davinia said quietly, tears streaming down her face “I... I never thought that he could be part of those people that are out there... almost hunting me down.”

Adam didn’t know what to say as he raised his hand to gently wipe her tears. They were so warm, he almost regretted feeling comfort through her sadness.

“There was a time when I actually loved him... Adam, I actually trusted him. I loved him.”

“And now? Do you love him?”

Davinia met his gaze and swallowed thickly “No. I was going to break up with him tonight. I... I want someone else. I know this is crazy Adam... but I want you.”

Before she could continue, the vampire leaned down for a kiss. He cupped her face and pressed to her as he drank her in, leading and commanding the kiss as he kissed her passionately. Davinia parted her lips in surprise, staring at him as he pulled back.

“I want you too. Please... let me keep you safe.”

Davinia nodded, closing her eyes as she rested against his chest.

“Where?”

“For now, my house. You can stay there and we’ll figure things out.” Adam promised, kissing the top of her head before he let her into his car to drive them over to his place.

He knew things were about to change and, as Davinia entered his house, he knew he’d never be the same again. She was changing him for the better and he was letting himself go more and more into her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone!
I am so so deeply sorry for taking such a long time but I have been really overwhelmed with university research and work.
I hope you are all well.
All my love <3