Status: incomplete

I'm Just a Moment, So Don't Let Me Pass You By

Dear All Time Low, Count Me In

“Hey guys! What is up? It’s me again and I am still currently waiting in line for the one, the only, VANS WARPED TOUR! So yeah, get ready to deal with all the clips of me bored while I wait.” I quickly
turned off my video camera and tucked it safely back into my bag.

“Why do you always have to carry that camera with you? You don’t have that many subscribers,” Kaylyn remarked to me while shifting her weight from one foot to the other.

“Because,” I began slapping her arm. “One day I’ll be a famous Youtuber like Shane Dawson or Smosh or Jennamarbles. But better!”

“Fine, fine, but when you get all big on Youtube like Destery, don’t forget the little people,” she said wrapping her arm around my neck.

“Don’t worry, she won’t forget you. You’ll be sucking her dick too much for her to forget you,” Essence joked poking Kaylyn in the side causing her to scrunch up.

I turned my body around and looked at the growing crowd of people lined up for what seemed like miles down the street. I quickly checked my phone to see that it was 10:45 which meant that there was only 15 more minutes till the doors opened and Warped Tour would start. As I slid my phone back into my pocket, I could just imagine what was going on on the other side of the fence that created the border for the event. I wondered if Kevin Lyman was running around with Sully to find a band, or if Kenny was having trouble setting up a banner or scaffold on the Main Stage. Millions of possible scenarios popped into my head that could be happening and it wasn’t until I felt two pairs of hands dragging me forward that I noticed the short line in front of us was moving and everyone was cheering. I looked to Essence as if to ask what was going on and she just said “It’s time!”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“WHEN IS MIW PLAYING,” Essence screamed at me with excitement. I quickly checked the time sheet to see when all of the bands were playing. I, of course, was more interested in finding out when All Time Low was playing but with Essence jumping and pushing my body I knew I had to find her band first. I quickly scanned the sheet in my hands for the Motionless In White time and found it right before All Time Low’s slot.

“They play at 1:30, right after Hands Like Houses. And right after them is All Time Low.” I said doing a little dance.

“So what should we do now? We have like 2 hours till they come on,” Kaylyn questioned while taking a drink for her water bottle.

“I want to check out the merch tents and see when meet and greets are,” I stated matter-of-factly. I knew they felt the same, after all we needed to go to the meet and greets to invite the bands to our party, so we headed off to the nearest bands merch tent to scope out the times and possible prices for any and all merch available. But since this was Warped Tour, we stopped at any booth where we were offered free stuff.

As we got closer to the All Time Low merch tent, I had to quickly bury my face into Kaylyn’s shoulder to contain my excitement. She looked over to me to see what was wrong.
“Oh my god. Kaylyn it’s VINNY FUCKING VEGAS,” with vines of glee in my voice. Her head snapped over to the table to confirm my information and then turned back to me and together we had a huge fangirl moment.

“Who’s Vinny Vegas,” Essence asked in a confused tone. Kaylyn and mine eyes shot to her with a shocked expression on our faces.

“That’s like asking who Evan Kirkendall is,” Kaylyn replied with disbelief in her voice.

“Who’s Evan Kirkendall?”

“Calm,” I say putting my hand on Kaylyn’s shoulder. “She hasn’t seen Straight To DVD yet.”

“It’s a good damn thing we brought it along. You gonna learn today,” Kaylyn said moving forward towards Essence to put her arm around her shoulders.

As we approached the tent further I was completely overwhelmed with all of the merch available. There was shirts, shorts, cds, bracelets, posters, buttons, and even a few hoodies. I could tell my shocked showed as we got to the front and Vinny looked at me with concern.

“Is she going to be okay,” he asked my friends with a bit of concern.

“All Time Low is just her favorite band is all. This could be a bit much for her to take in. She’s use to online shopping and Hot Topic stores,” Essence stated to Vinny in a dramatic voice. I snapped my eyes to her and smacked her arm with all my strength. I ignored her pained look as I went back to looking at the contents of the tent.

“Sorry. I’m just kinda shocked at all the merch.”

“It’s cool. Normally we don’t put out this much but Flyzik wanted us to get rid of a lot the extra stuff.”

“Well I’m here to help,” I said with a grin. I requested a pair of shorts, 2 t shirts, 1 tank top, 1 bracelet, and a few buttons.

“That’s quite a lot of stuff,” Vinny said kinda skeptical.

“Well my friend was right. All Time Low is my favorite band.”

“Well since you’ve proven you fan-ness, I think I can throw in a free hoodie. And just so you know, the meet and greet for today starts at 4:15.”

“I’ll be there.”

“I’ll have to tell the guys about you. A fan like you deserves to have her story told.”

“You don’t have to do that. I just want to help the band like they’ve helped me.” I started to feel a hand drag me away from the tent. I spun around to see Essence pulling me.

“We have to go! I looked at the schedule and Pierce The Veil is soon playing,” she stated with a tone of emergency in her voice.

“Looks like I have to go. Thanks for the merch Vinny!” I dropped a $10 bill in the tip jar that had been decorated to say it was for Rian’s teeth bleach treatment and ran away with my friends to get smushed in the crowed of people surrounding the main stage.

Somehow we were able to push ourselves to the second row but if I turned my body I could fit in line right behind the barricade. I just stood there, feeling the buzz of excitement through the crowd as we all waited for Pierce The Veil to walk out on stage and begin playing.

“Where are they,” I complained to Essence as I turned around to face her.

Just as she was about to respond, I felt my body being forced against the metal fencing and let my ears ring with the thousands of screams and the melodic beginning of “May These Noises Startle You In Your Sleep” as it ran into “Hell Above”. I stood there and sang my heart out. I reached when everyone else reached and screamed when everyone else screamed. Then something took me by surprise.

“Okay,” Vic began. “We need some help with this next song. So I’m going to need one of you guys to come up here with us. Is that alright?” Everyone screamed and threw their hands into the air.

“How about you. The girl front row in the purple tank top”

I stood there stunned. I looked at Vic and pointed to myself and he just giggled and nodded. He had a security guard come and help me over the barricade and onto the stage. My legs felt like hot noodles and I felt like they would betray me at any moment. Luckily once I got onto the stage I was instantly under the arm of Vic.

“So what’s your name?” Not trusting my voice I speak directly into his ear.

“It’s okay, just relax. Just take a seat on that stool.”

I nod and shakingly walk over and sit while Vic introduces me to the mass of people.

“Now this next part is a special thing I like to do. Are you ready,” He looks to me and I nod my head.

Then he starts walking towards me and starts singing without any instruments.

“Where you honest when you said, I could never leave your bed. Wake me up and let me know, you’re alive. And will you fall in love again? Is that scent slowly spreading? I’ve been answering machines all night.” Vic slowly gets on one knee and grabs my hand. Holy crap I’m shaking like a leaf and I feel like I’m going to cry tears of pure joy. “And are the doctors dancing in, while the ambulances sing another boy without a sharper knife.”

Cue instruments and Vic standing up to play with his friends. He still looks at me while he’s singing which just makes me go all gooey inside because he’s VICTOR FUCKING FUENTES! Soon Jaime and Tony move over and start playing next to me. I start to loosen up and Vic is still looking at me and it is just the most perfect thing ever.

They end the song and I’m still just sitting there like a stump. Vic looks over to me and requests me to stand next to him. I cautiously stand up and walk over to him and I’m soon reconnected to him under his arm.

“Are you okay,” He asks me in a concerned tone.

“Never better,” I reply honestly into the microphone. The crowed roared and I heard Vic laugh into the mic.

“Well we would like to just let you know that we received numerous tweets and emails from your friends leading up to today begging us to bring you up here and let you sing a song with us. Would that be okay?”

I look into the crowd to see Essence and Kaylyn with huge grins on their faces and giving me a thumbs up. I could feel my cheeks heat up to confirm the blush on my face and I just kinda nodded and said I would do my best. Vic nodded in response and had someone from side stage bring out a second mic for me. I grasped the mic tightly as Vic spoke to be that we would be singing Bulletproof Love. My face lit up and I told him I was ready.

Mike gave a 3 count with his sticks and I opened my mouth and sang my heart out with Vic to the crowd. I never felt more alive than I did at that moment. Letting my voice flow with Vic’s and jumping around stage with Jaime and Tony, it was amazing. As the song ended and Vic was saying the thank yous to everyone in the crowd and the crew, I went up to Jaime and asked him if he would want to come to a party after the day was over. He said he would ask the others, but it was going to be a probable yes seeing as they had nothing to do after and tomorrow was an off day.

After we got out of the main stage crowd, and got picks and sticks, we made our way to the sponsor tents to get even more goodies. We walked to the Vans tent and collected all the different color Vans stickers that they had and Kaylyn bought a blue striped Warped Tour trucker hat. We then walked from sponsor tent to sponsor tent, picking up freebies and the occasional piece of merch.

Soon it was time for Motionless In White, so we made our way to the main stage and pushed our way to the barricade where we were staying till the end of the All Time Low set. There was mumbles and a few hyped-up screams, but as soon as MIW came on stage, the three of us got pushed so hard against the fencing it was hard to breath. That didn’t stop us. Essence and I screamed every line to every song Chris sang. Half way though the set, Ricky through a pick into the crowed and Essence barley was able to catch it with her sweaty fingers. They finished their set with AMERICA and I caught a drum stick, which I happily gave to Essence.

I felt my knees start to go weak. All Time Low were about to take the stage. I had to lean on Kaylyn till the crowd started the ATL chant. The three of us plus the rest of the people at the barricade started banging on the metal along with the chant. Then we hear the beginning of Weightless and Kaylyn and I started screaming. Essence leaned over to me and whispered that she was going to go find Motionless In White and invite them and she would meet us at the Glamour Kills Tent.

Weightless turned into Me Without You, which turned into Backseat Serenade. My lips sang every word in perfect succession of the last and I never missed a beat. When Jack or Alex told the crowd to jump, I jumped till I felt like my feet would ever come back to earth. I even caught a pick from Jack and Kaylyn got a pick from Alex. They finished Coffeeshop Soundtrack before making a announcement.

“Who here wants to see a sexy mexican,” Jack questioned and the whole crowd went wild.

“Come out here Vic, you sexy fuck.” Alex motioned to sidestage where Vic was sure to be waiting. Jack started up the familiar guitar riff and we all screamed in pure joy. When Vic came on stage, it was magic. He saw me from the crowd and waved. Jack noticed Vic’s movements and his eyes came in contact with mine and a huge smile formed on my face when he winked at me. I blew a kiss back in return and torn my eyes away to look at Alex.

They finished their set with Dear Maria, Count Me In and Jack jumped into the crowed right next to me and I was able to hold his hand for the first chorus. It was the best set of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have 4 chapters of this already written so I'm uploading them all at once. It will be a few (days, weeks) till I'll have chapter 5 done.