Spell Of Darkness

Chapter Five

When the pair arrived in Roselyn, everyone was shocked to see them. No one had expected her to even be alive, let alone to try and come back. The fairies in the streets cheered because they remembered Adelaide’s mother and how kind she had been. Once they neared the castle, however, Adelaide began to get nervous. “What if my father still hates me? And what if Estelle tries to have me killed on the spot?” she asked Aiden who was by her side.

“Don’t worry. I’m here to protect you remember?” Aiden replied, putting his arm around her shoulder. She thought it was rather a nice feeling, and she didn’t move away from him.

“What are you doing here?” A shrill voice rang through the hall. Adelaide could see Estelle flying towards her, and she jumped behind Aiden.

“I am here to claim my rightful place as heir to the throne of Roselyn, and until your little brat is born, I still am.” Adelaide said with an imperious tone. She set her shoulders and came out from behind Aiden. Everyone in the hall was shocked by the honesty that shone in her green eyes.

From behind Estelle came a gasp, “Adelaide, you look just like your mother.” Peering around Estelle, Adelaide saw that it was her father.

“Hello Father. Aren’t you glad to see me?” Adelaide asked, stepping around the astonished Estelle.

“My daughter, I have never been happier to see you. I have regretted the day since I allowed Estelle to convince me to throw you out. I beg you, return home to your father,” King Baird said with tears streaming down his face.

“I will, but only if I am allowed to do two things. One, I want to throw Estelle out of Roselyn, and let her see how it feels. Two, I want to marry whomever I choose.” Adelaide said, giving her father a hug.

“It is done then. Who do you want to marry?” he asked, sitting down on his throne.