Spell Of Darkness

Chapter Six

“I want to marry Aiden.” Adelaide announced, flopping down into the throne next to her father. Aiden looked astonished and pleased at the same time.

“What? You dare to enter this castle and tell me what to do? I’ll have you hanged for this!” Estelle screeched out as the guards grabbed a hold of her arms and began to drag her away.

“Wait. One moment, please,” Adelaide said as she walked towards Estelle. When she reached her, she asked, “Did you put a spell on my father to make him fall in love with you?”

“Of course I did. Why else would the King of Roselyn fall in love with a commoner like me?” Estelle spat in Adelaide’s direction. Adelaide waved her hand at the guards, and walked back towards Aiden and her father.

The next day, Adelaide and Aiden were married in an elaborate ceremony. Adelaide loved Aiden very much, and she was very glad that they were married. She couldn’t wait until they had little children of their own to share in the love that their parents had for each other. Estelle was thrown out of the castle, as per Adelaide’s wish. She was never heard of again. King Baird lived to a ripe old age, and enjoyed the many grandchildren that Adelaide and Aiden gave him. Everyone lived happily ever after. Well, except for Estelle that is.