Status: All chapters are successfully edited and updated, I realize I made some drastic changes particularly in Vlamiras character but I hope the new changes didn't upset anyone

Better Left Forgotten

Chapter 2: A Stray Cats Scorn (edited)

Hey guys!!! I know this alot to ask of me but if you like my stories could you please please take pity on a diehard drama addict. There's this new drama coming out called 'Tears of Heaven' but the subbers aren't going to sub the whole thing unless they know a bunch of people are interested in it. Please visit their site at http://koreandramaonair.blogspot.de/2014/10/tears-of-heaven-korean-drama-engsub.html It would really mean alot to me and other drama fans who are dying to watch it.

*********************************************************************************

~two years later~

*LUCIAN*

Their scent drifted towards me an intoxicating array of filth and blood with the slightest tinge of madness. All was silent in the woods as if the snow blanketing the trees and earth was smothering the very voice of the forest. The only noise my sensitive ears could discern was the rustling of the ice encrusted branches above me and the distant echoes of the pack of rogues my pack and I were tracking. Their roars and angry cries filled the frozen air around me in a wild crescendo of rage and I had no doubt that this pack of rogues had found something very entertaining to prey on.

The smell of blood that tainted the air made the beast within me to roar and beg for release but I held him back forcing him to remain locked within the safe confines of my human skin. He was pure muscle, rage, and instinct, but I was a leader made of clarity, wits, and steel. I was the very calm before the storm and if these rogues would not be reasoned with then I would let the waves of my fury consume them.

Bloodied snow crunched beneath my shoes and my breath fogged the morning air around me as I peered out into the clearing before me. I was seconds away from stepping into the fray and engaging in the wild blood bath when I saw her.

She fought them off with such animalistic grace it almost seemed like she was dancing. She was a whirlwind of silver, white, and red and it was almost as if I were watching some otherworldly creature. Her silver white hair flashed around her like an angry sea of powdered snow, her movements fluid and agile like liquid silver. I was captivated by this enthralling otherworldly being and her riveting blood dance. The wolves that were lunging at her with their claws outstretched and their teeth lashing out for the taste of blood and the tear of fabric were met with her adamant fury and I watched this beautiful angry goddess exact her vengeance.

Deciding it was time to intervene I nodded at my team of trackers who eagerly stepped into the clearing. Immediately, the pack of rogues paused and sniffed the air sensing our presence. Catching my scent, they quivered and darted away back into the forest.

“Follow them.” I said quietly to the wolves around me. David, my second in command took a step forward. “Are we taking prisoners your majesty?” My piercing silver grey eyes cut into his blue ones like steel tears into flesh. “No. This one is all yours Beta.” With that I turned my back from the eager blood thirsty look that crossed David’s face and stepped into the clearing where the beautiful warrior of silver and blood was still standing, frozen in place.

I approached her a little cautiously, unsure of how she would react to my presence. As I drew closer I could see more details of her face and that angry surly expression she wore. Her lips were pulled back in a near snarl and her wild unruly hair had leaves and twigs jutting out ensnared in the many tangles of her silvery mane. Her skin was pale porcelain, combined with her platinum blonde hair gave her an eerie ethereal glow that seemed, otherworldly. It was her eyes that fascinated me though. Those piercing striking and unusual eyes. One stared accusingly at me a deep puddle of ocean blue, the other a haunting forest green. She was beautiful. And she was mine. My mate. My goddess. My warrior wild princess.

I waited patiently for her to realize it, to show surprise or awe and recognize me for what I was. Her mate. But she was an intriguing one for she did not falter and continued to glare at me with those bewitching eyes as if daring me to try and touch her. That’s when I realized it, this beautiful creature was not the same type of creature as I was. She was not descended of the wolf nor was she human. She wasn’t anything I knew or understood. She did not recognize the bond that bridged us together for she could not. She would learn to though, I reasoned, there have been cases of werewolves of having human mates before who over time learned to listen to the voices of the soul that whispered to them of that sacred bond. It could be done and it would be done. I would have her. This intriguing beauty was mine and I would not leave without her.

“Do you not realize it love?” I called out tentatively. She scowled in response and I took another step forward. “We are mates.” I said lowly. It was then that the surprise flitted across her beautiful face and she took a step back. She stumbled over something buried in the snow and fell backwards so that she was staring with a startled gaze back up at me as I approached her. That gaze on her face said it all. It seemed to say that she had stared death in the face and had somehow found it lacking. That haughty defiant stare that was both furious and devestatingly sad all at the same time. Sticking out my hand I waited for her to take it, to accept me and the undeniable bond that bridged us together. That angry stare of hers faltered again in her uncertainty but then her armor snapped back into place again and she slapped my hand away. I watched with a mixture of sadness and adoration as my warrior goddess lifted herself off the ground without taking my offered hand and scrambled up the closest tree from which she watched me apprehensively from atop a sturdy branch.

“I’m not going to hurt you so you can come down now.” I said. Those expressive eyes wavered a bit giving me a glimpse of the vulnerable girl within but then they steeled again and I could feel my frustration growing.

“Who are you?” She called down at me and my heart nearly froze in my chest. Such a small uncertain voice. Beautiful in all of its fragileness. She was confusing that was for sure. One minute she was fierce and angry like a vengeful goddess and the next she was vulnerable and uncertain like a small child. I wanted this beautiful, enchanting and complex creature and I didn’t care if I had to rip that damned tree out of the ground just to get to her.

“My name is Lucian. Won’t you come down now darling?” I said flashing her my most charming smile I knew most ladies found hard to resist. She scowled at my smile and a light chuckle reverberated through my chest. I loved the honesty in her expressions.

“I would but there’s a hairy werewolf blocking my exit.” She said scrunching up her adorable little button nose at me and keeping that surly expression on her face.

My little warrior had attitude. “Tell me your name and I might consider not tearing down that tree you’re so conveniently perched in, in my wild fit of animalistic rage.” I challenged.

“You’re bluffing. I don’t care how high and mighty you are, arrogance and ego can’t cut down trees.” She said with a little satisfied smirk on her face.

“No but a pack of determined werewolves and a chainsaw will.” I said and I allowed my eyes to glimmer a vibrant silver indicating that my inner beast was lashing out at his prison pressing just below the surface of my being. The stubborn set of her jaw and the heat of her gaze told me that she was too proud to flinch or shy away from the raw power I allowed her to glimpse. “One word from me in my pack link and I could have enough man power and chainsaws here to cut down the whole forest.” I urged sensing her doubt.

“I thought you were werewolves not lumber jacks.” She said and the right corner of her mouth ever so slightly tilted upwards as if her lips were unused to forming a smile.

“Well if you don’t want to tell me your name I guess I’ll just call you mate for the rest of my life. Or maybe just call you mine.” I said smirking up at my little goddess. It was the word ‘mine’ that sealed the deal by the way that lopsided almost half smile vanished and an angry scowl quickly took its place.

“I don’t belong to anyone. Not to any dumb werewolf pack and most certainly not to a smelly old annoying lumberjack who can’t take a hint.” She spat defiantly turning so that she was literally giving me the cold shoulder. I laughed out loud at such candid behavior. She was so intriguing. Like a stray cat that had been left out in the rain. She sulked around and seemed to ask for love but scorned and looked down on those who offered it to her.

“Then give me a name and I won’t have to refer to you with such possessive pronouns.” I reasoned. I was curious as to if her name would be just as exotic and fierce as my little warrior princess. She chewed on her lips considering my words before finally rewarding me with an answer.

“Vlamira.” She said quietly. If I were human I would have missed it. Fortunately, I caught every beautiful syllable.

“Vlamira, please come down, you know I would never hurt you. You also know that there is nowhere for you to run and you’ll have to come down eventually.” I tried not wanting to resort to drastic measures. I refused to wait her out of that damned tree, if she wouldn’t climb down before nightfall then I’d make true on my promise and I’d have every pack member cutting down that blasted piece of timber.

I heard a quiet sigh and just as quickly as she had climbed it, she was down again standing before me in all of her stubborn beauty. I was surprised to discover just how small she was, the top of her head barely reached my chest. She had a large presence that had the potential to make her seem larger than life and at other times I was learning, also smaller than life as well.

Her eyes shifted away from my loving stare unsettled by their intensity. Seizing my chance I rushed forward scooping her up in a tight embrace. She struggled at first, her small hands pushing against my chest in her desperate attempts to free herself but then she relaxed and allowed me to hold her. I could sense my team of trackers breaking free from the treeline, finished with their task at last and I gave a sigh of relief. My arms remained locked around my mate’s waist in a protective hold, protecting her from the curious heated stares of my pack and preventing her from scurrying up the tree again. Inhaling her enticing scent of cool water and juniper berries I then whispered to her. “Let’s go home love.”
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment and tell me what you think! =)