Status: All chapters are successfully edited and updated, I realize I made some drastic changes particularly in Vlamiras character but I hope the new changes didn't upset anyone

Better Left Forgotten

Chapter 3: Frozen Teardrops of the Angels (edited)

Hey guys!!! I know this alot to ask of me but if you like my stories could you please please take pity on a diehard drama addict. There's this new drama coming out called 'Tears of Heaven' but the subbers aren't going to sub the whole thing unless they know a bunch of people are interested in it. Please visit their site at http://koreandramaonair.blogspot.de/2014/10/tears-of-heaven-korean-drama-engsub.html It would really mean alot to me and other drama fans who are dying to watch it.

()__()
(>^.^<)
(“)__(“)

*Vlamira*

Lucian was hard to figure out. He was puzzling in the most mysterious and invigorating kind of way that made me want to stick around and figure out where exactly he fit into place. He was like a whirlwind of shadows and silver. One minute he was laughing at my angry scowl and the next he was staring into my eyes with such tenderness it made all of the anger and bitterness within me to falter. He wasn’t like the others who flaunted their strength and took pride in their arrogance, he instead managed it with a quiet calm that was both fierce and untamable. He fascinated me this beautiful man. His windswept midnight black hair fell gently over his sun kissed brow and his silver colored eyes seemed to have the unnerving ability to pick apart my soul and pierce through the armor I placed around myself seeing instead the sad broken girl within.

I’m not sure why I followed him when he voiced his acceptance of me. I refused his offered hand but I began to follow the indentions his feet had made in the snow that would lead me back to where he lived. Maybe it was because I was so tired of being alone and fighting every day and the idea of finding a place that I belonged to was appealing. The Words Lucian spoke rang with the truth, he did not lie when he told me I was his mate. Even if that word meant he had accepted me I knew that those who surrounded him would not. I was on my own and I always would be, mate or not. Still, my feet continued to follow him refusing to let go of that stubborn hope that I might have another chance at life.

The wolves that accompanied Lucian pressed in all around me as if protecting me from the ice encrusted forest. Normally, I was the type to hunt for answers on my own, I’d be loath to ask for answers from some werewolves, but I didn’t think I had the patience to wait around for it so I filled the silence with my question. “Why am I being treated like royalty?” I asked annoyed at both myself for having to ask and at the wolves for crowding my space.

The wolf to my left looked over at me, his brown eyes the color of bark. “Because you are royalty now Luna. You are King Lucians mate. Lucian is alpha of Forticry Pack, the most powerful werewolf pack in North America. That makes you queen.” He said awe lacing his voice as he stared into my somber gaze. I had had my fair share of kings, I had seen firsthand how power and greed drove a person mad.

“You don’t look impressed Luna, are you intimidated by wielding that much power?” He asked a smirk crossing his face gloating as if he had caught me in my fear.

“Yes.” I said keeping my tone cold and clipped. “Power is the god’s ultimate damnation. It drives those who wield it mad.” Lucian who was a few paces in front of me glanced over his shoulder, a curious look crossing his face.

“What makes you say that?” he asked his silver grey eyes digging deep into mine seeming to look for an answer to another question he had not yet asked.

I shrugged and looked away, shying away from the intensity of his stare.

It was David, the large burly man that was Lucians second in command that broke the silence. “You aren’t human nor are you werewolf. What exactly are you Luna?” I could tell by the hesitatingly way he spoke and the way the words reached out for me tentatively in the frozen air that this bulky man with the serious countenance had tried his best to word the question as politely as he could. I almost felt bad for lying to him and the eager wolves of those around him that pricked their ears towards our conversation. Lucian appeared the most interested.

“I don’t know. I don’t remember.” I said. The lie rolled off my tongue as smooth as marbles. The answers they sought lie buried somewhere out there with the girl I once was. The time before was gone and I would not curse the present or condemn the future with the vile poison of the past.

The other wolves must have sensed the lie but heard something in my tone that made them bite back any further questions they had for me. Something told me they would not have been so lenient if I were not Lucian’s mate. Oblivious to my discomfort, the young wolf with eyes the color of bark continued his questions.

“How do you not remember something like that? Wouldn’t it be instinct? Where are you from then?”
“I don’t remember.” I said again. I was a machine now repeating the only thing I had programed myself to say. I was seconds away from shutting down completely. Lucian must have sensed this because he sent brown eyes a look so cold it had the young wolf backing away and switching places with David.

“We are almost there love.” Lucian whispered reaching for my hand and placing a feather light kiss on my knuckles as we moved through the trees of the forest. I scowled at him and pulled my hand away making a show of wiping it on my breeches. He laughed and I was taken aback by how the clear sound of his laugh made my stomach flutter. His laughter was such an honest sound it made me want to hear it again. Scowling at the thought I strode ahead of him making my way out of the tree line and into a small clearing with a brook. Water gurgled over a slew of river stones and the wolves around me silently padded across the blanket of rocks.

I was about to do the same when a strong calloused hand lightly gripped my arm turning me to face Lucian who wore a gentle expression as he held something out to me. “For you my love.” He said and I hesitantly reached out to grab what he was holding. It was a river stone. I was surrounded by thousands of river stones but the river stone Lucian offered to me however was different from the rest. Water erosion had carved it into a perfect heart and Lucian stood there with a small gentle light in his eyes as he waited for me to accept it. At the edges of my mind a memory flickered. I tried to force it away but it came back with a vengeance causing my eyes to fill up with tears.

*”Look! I found something! It has a perfect hole in it! How did that happen Aneihla?” She stared back at me indignantly, her eyes peering down at me two different shades of livid brown and purple. Heterochromia they called it. It was a trait my kind all shared. “The water did that stupid.” I beamed at her. My sister always knew all of the answers.*

“It’s just a stupid rock.” I said furious at myself for remembering. Taking the river stone from his hand, I turned and threw it as hard as I could across the river. There were multiple growls as the members of his pack watched me practically spit on Lucian’s small act of kindness to me. Screw them. I didn’t need kindness and I definitely didn’t need a stupid piece of rock. I avoided looking into Lucian’s eyes afraid of the hurt I’d see there. I heard a small sigh and was surprised when he reached out and gently grabbed my hand tugging me back into the direction of his home. He was quiet and I was lost somewhere else drowning in memories better left forgotten.

Most werewolf packs look like tiny villages. Lucian’s pack looked like an entire city. While every individual house looked like a brick mansion, Lucian’s house was a castle. It spiraled into the sky with more rooms then I’m sure he knew what to do with and more doors and windows then I could count. There was something about it though that was both lonely and despairingly sad. I’m not sure how a house or castle could seem so broken but that is what the brick in its walls whispered to me.

“What do you think?” Brown eyes asked deciding it was safe again to ask questions. Forgetting myself I said quietly, “I think it feels sad.” The young wolf looked down at me with a confused expression on his face. Lucian on the other hand seemed to take what I had unknowingly spouted into deep consideration, a strange look entering his eyes. A look I often recognized in myself when I was forcing down memories I never wanted to remember again. His eyes were haunted. Haunted like mine from the ghosts of a past known only to ourselves. I stared at him and his eyes snapped back to mine. When he caught me looking at him his mouth lifted upwards in a smile. I scowled in response and crossed my arms looking away.

“Your majesty, you must be exhausted from your rounds, allow me to escort Lady Vlamira to her rooms.” One of the werewolves accompanying us said. In the second it took Lucian to tear his eyes away from mine, all the gentleness and tenderness he had displayed towards me slipped off his face replaced instead with something much darker. The air around us became thick and heavy as if it were trying to choke us with its putrid malice. I shivered at the raw dark fury that rolled off of Lucian in waves. The wolves around us retreated within themselves as fear glinted in their eyes almost entirely overpowered for their need for self-preservation. That was when I realized that the magic that flowed in Lucian’s veins was strong. Stronger than I expected. Lucian was a force to be reckoned with for any species and for the first time, I wondered if I had really made the right decision in following Lucian back to his home.

“Jace, who is Vlamira’s mate?” He said quietly and I swallowed suddenly feeling like the question asked was laced with a deadly poison that meant certain death if answered incorrectly. The men near Jace suddenly backed away giving him a wide berth as if unwilling to share the same space as someone who had unknowingly stepped on a landmine and invoked the wrath of their king.
“ah y-yo-you a-are S-sir” He stuttered taking a step back at the cold silver that covered the warm grey in Lucian’s eyes.

“That’s right. I am.” He said lowering his voice as he stepped closer to the cowering Jace. Snowflakes gathered in Lucian’s midnight black hair as he leaned in closer to whisper words drenched in so much malice it chilled me to the spot. Gone was the soft Lucian. Gone was the gentle, sweet, and kind Lucian she had seen replaced by this powerful man with his silent, cold, fury. “The next time you insinuate when I can and cannot see my mate, I’ll be sure to castrate you so that you’ll never find yours.” Satisfied that he had made his point, Lucian turned and left him there quivering and trembling in the snow. I watched as Lucian made his way back to my side and tried not to flinch when he grabbed my hand watching instead the silent white teardrops of the angels that fell from the sky and swirled all around us.

***********************************************************************
I glared accusingly at Lucian who smiled smugly at me from the large bed in the middle of the room. He patted the spot next to him and waited patiently for me to go to him. Curling my lips in distaste at this man who was trying to tell me where to sleep I turned my back to him and locked myself in the bathroom. “Open this door and I’ll castrate YOU.” I angrily said throwing the threat he’d used on Jace right back at his face. Infuriatingly enough, I heard a quiet chuckle fill the silence on the other side of the door and even though he couldn’t see it, I aimed a furious scowl in his general direction.

That night, when my eyes slowly began to close I could swear I heard someone whisper in my ear, “Goodnight my little warrior.” And place a gentle kiss on my forehead. The next morning the only indication I had of anyone ever being there was a blanket wrapped snuggly around me and a heart shaped river stone placed next to my pillow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! please comment and tell me what you think =)