Status: The content rating will probably change

Last Hope

Clinomania

Brynn sat up and rubbed her neck. It hurt so bad! She pulled herself into a sitting position and rubbed her eyes enough so that she could open them. Her hands had last night's makeup all over where she had rubbed her eyes and she immediately dreaded last night. Everything was a blur after her third body shot... off of Luke Hemmings and-

"Close the curtains!" Brynn groaned as sunlight blasted her eyes.

"It's time to get up! It's not my fault you got wasted drunk!" Kennedy smiled.

Brynn let out the breath she had been holding in since the minute she woke up. She was glad her best friend hadn't let her make the mistake of going home with a stranger, and had instead taken her back to Kennedy's so she could sleep it off.

"Okay. I called your parents and told them you ended up sleeping over here because you were super tired," Kennedy winked. "They said it's fine, just as long as you come home before 1 and you aren't drunk. So, you have about 3 hours to sober up and change clothes."

Brynn pulled the blanket back up over her face an groaned. "Do I haaaaaveee toooooo?"

"Yes!" Kennedy laughed and left the room, most likely going to take a shower. Kennedy had this super weird thing about showering; she had to shower when she woke up and right before she went to bed. Brynn had always found this odd, but she'd just come to accept it.

Brynn slowly pulled herself from the comfort of Ken's warm bed and shuffled to her closet. She raked her hand through her hair a few times, trying to tame it a little bit so her parents didn't think she had sex hair or something. For whatever reason, Brynn's parents were extremely over-bearing. The first time she said a cuss word, they practically chained her to her bed and blasted church hymns. Of course, they didn't actually do that, but they did wash her mouth out with soap 5 times that day.

After half-assedly staring at Kennedy's wardrobe for about ten minutes, she just took one of her Pink t-shirts and matching yoga pants. Brynn then went into the bathroom and looked into the mirror for a minute.

"I look like a painted whore," she groaned. Brynn started wiping off the last of her foundation and the mascara that had been smeared around her eyes. She also popped in a piece of peppermint gum to try and wake herself up.

"So, you and Luke, huh?" Kennedy said as she turned off the shower and slid the towel of the curtain rod.

"What?" Brynn asked, hopping up onto the counter.

"I saw you two last night. You took body shots off of each other, for God's sake!"

"We did...?" Brynn furrowed her brows.

"Damn, you must've been smashed. It takes a lot to forget taking shots off of a body like that..." Kennedy wiggled her eyebrows and stepped out of the shower.

"Oh, whatever! He's not even that cute! Not like that Ashton kid you were all over," Brynn smirked.

"Yes, Ashton is gorgeous. At least I'm not scared to admit I like him!" Ken crossed her arms.

"I don't like him," Brynn rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, you do," Kennedy grinned.

"No, I don't."

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Brynn, look at me," Kennedy said slowly, putting her hand on both sides of Brynn's face. "You don't take body shots off of boys you aren't the slightest bit attracted to."

"Well, I did. I don't date slackers with piercings. I date nice boys that don't burn up when they walk into a church," Brynn said haughtily.

Kennedy shot Brynn a look, rolled her eyes, then silently started to towel her hair off. Brynn realized what she had just said. She was turning into a real bitch... She slid off of the counter and went back into Kennedy's bedroom, setting out on a quest to find her phone.

She looked in her purse, under the pillow, and finally found it on the dresser. She unlocked it and shoved it into Kennedy's charger. It was at, like, 8% and she was sure her parents had called her at least 5 times.

To her surprise, there were only 3 missed calls from her mom, and a text from some random number. She opened the text, only to find a picture.

'Hey, gorgeous. You asked me to send you this picture last night, so here it is(;' Attached was a picture of Luke kissing one of Brynn's reddened cheeks, and Brynn grinning like an idiot. Looking at the picture caused Brynn to grin like an idiot. She didn't remember much, but she knew she had a really good time.

"What are you smiling about? Did a nice boy text you?" Kennedy shot Brynn another look.

Brynn blushed and locked her phone. "Actually, Luke sent me a picture of us..."

Kennedy's frown righted itself into a mischievous grin. "See? You totally like him. Now, stop being such a twat and text him back!"

Brynn smiled and unlocked her phone again. 'Thanks, cutie :*' She blushed because it was actually pretty balls-y of her to send something like that, but... she was tired of being the cheerleader who dated football players and texted sweet nothings to typical nice boys. It wasn't quite teenage rebellion, but it was definitely out-of-character for Brynn. Her phone beeped and she looked at Kennedy, who motioned for her to look at the text.

'Anytime! Do you want to move our study session to tonight? I haven't seen you in forever(;'

"Well, what does it say?" Kennedy asked with an exasperated look on her face. "You're blushing, so it must be good!"

"He asked if we could have our study session tonight, cause he hasn't seen me in 'forever'," Brynn giggled.

"So, basically, you have a date tonight," Kennedy smirked.

"I hope so!" Brynn grinned and bit her look, tapping away at her keyboard. 'What time? (:'

'How about 4?'

'Alright(:'

"He wants to meet me at 4!" Brynn sighed and fell back onto the bed.

"Well, we better get some breakfast and go to your house to get ready!" Kennedy jumped onto the bed next to Brynn.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry, guys! It's been like 9 days...
Also, La Dispute's Rooms of the House is absolutely fantastic!
Please comment, rate, subscribe, and recommend!
Ily guys!
Thanks to @CodeHeroine and @ange1234 for making me smile!