The Incorrect Definition of Love

Run

My body was numb, the scene in front of me was something I didn’t want to see. My dad on a stretcher and getting CPR. It feels like a bad dream I want to wake up from and I wanted to run. Hilda was on her way. I wanted all of this to go away and wake up. I saw the monitor flat line and then a few minutes the doctor checked his watch.

“Call it” He said.

I took off running out of the hospital and was running as fast as I could go my feet hitting, pounding the concrete. I wanted all of this to go away and disappear. Then, it started to downpour hard and I was running to somewhere where I always got away to clear my mind or during a rough time.

I arrived at the cabin our family owned and opened the front door. I could picture all the memories made here and our family was normal I guess.

Glass shattered at my feet, seeing tire marks all over the road. My sister hugging onto me and seeing the paramedics work on our mom. The car crashed into another car and it was the other drivers fault. I saw two paramedics talking then covered up our mom with a white sheet.

“I’m sorry” said one of them to us.


I got snapped into reality when I heard a car pull up and I walked outside. I saw Hilda’s car and she got out.

“I figured you were here” She said then hugging me.

“Yeah, let’s go inside” I replied.

We walked inside and pulled out some liquor.

“To mom and dad” Hilda said holding up a shot glass .

“To mom and dad” I replied then clinking our glasses together then downing the shot.

We walked outside out to the pool area and it was sunny outside.

“I’m sorry about everything” I said.

“Me too from now on let’s support each other” Hilda replied.

We heard a car pull in and then saw Matty walk outside.

“We got your text” Matty said.

“I thought you would” Hilda replied.

“You let’s stay up here for a few days” I said.

“Not a bad idea sis” Hilda responded.