The Incorrect Definition of Love

Positive

“Matty!” I yelled.

“Yeah, babe!” He shouted from the front of the bus.

We were in Nashville and Warped had a week break. We were at our house and having a good time.

“It’s positive!” I replied yelling.

I heard running and Matty ran to the bathroom.

“What’s positive?” He asked excited.

“All five of them” I replied grinning from ear to ear.

His mouth dropped and he hugged me.

“We’re going to be parents!” He cheered.

“Wait, we have to go to the doctor tomorrow” I replied.

He made a frown face at me and I playfully smacked him on the shoulder.

The next I woke up and got ready. I headed to the doctor and was nervous. I twitted “Not feeling well” and everyone was concerned. and headed to the car. I got in and shut the door. Matty was driving for a while and then pulled into the parking garage of the hospital. I unbuckled my seat belt and got out of the car.

I shut the door and opened the door. I entered the hospital. I walked over to the elevator and pushed the button to go up. Then, I heard a ding and the elevator doors opened up and I got in. I pushed the third floor button and the door closed.

I finally made it on the third floor and headed to the office. I signed myself in and prayed to god everything was fine. Matty was holding my hand and was nervous too.

“Danielle Mullins” called the nurse.

I got up and followed the nurse.I got put into exam room seven and Dr. Owens walked in.

“Vanessa, what seems to be the problem?” He asked.

“I puked all last night and this morning” I said.

“Well, I’m going to run and blood and urine test to see what’s going on” He said.

I gave him a urine and blood sample. I was just waiting for the results back and I laid back. Matty was calling my mom talking to her and then Just when I was about to fall asleep the doctor walked in. Matty quickly got off the phone.

“Well, is it good news?” I asked.

“Yes, you are expecting” He said smiling.

I wiped the tears away and he put the cold gel on my belly. I saw the baby on the screen and was smiling. Matty was about ready to cry.

“Well, you’re almost three months along. You will be officially be in three weeks and the baby looks healthy” Dr. Owens said.

We got an appointment for next month and was going to tell everyone soon. My life was looking up and my child was going to be brought into a world that was safe and secure.

Tonight was a family dinner and Matty and I were going to tell them the news.