The Incorrect Definition of Love

Secrets are always revealed

I was playing piano and then heard my sister humming while decorating the tree with Matty. It was around Christmas and was snowing outside. Matty and my sister were getting along well. Hilda dyed her hair brown with red in it and she was going to therapy for drugs. She left Mike until he got better and I was proud of her.

Two months ago I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy named Jonathan Jacob Mullins. He looked so much like my husband it wasn’t funny. I was wearing my rings again because my hands were swollen a few days after giving birth.

“When are we going shopping?” Hilda asked.

“Tonight maybe” I replied getting up from the piano.

A few hours later getting in the car with Hilda and I was driving.

“What are we getting for mom?” She asked.

“Maybe makeup or something” I replied starting up the car.

“I was thinking house shoes” Hilda replied.

“Whatever” I said.

I parked the car and my sister was being fucking slow as usual.

“Hurry up slow poke!” I yelled at her.

“Coming!” She yelled.

She ran and started walking beside of me. We entered the mall and it was packed. We went to Forever 21, Macy’s, Revolve, Hot Topic and I went into Sephora. My sister told me she was going somewhere. I knew she was going to go buy something for mike. I wasn’t stupid and I brought Matty some new pants and tops from hot topic and johnny cupcakes. I also bought him a heavy winter coat for his trip to the UK next month.

I got in the car and started it. I saw my sister walking this way with a bag and didn’t care because she loved him. She’s stupid to love him. When we arrived back at the house Matty was watching the news with his cup of coffee. He told me he just put our son down and he ordered take out.

A few hours later I was in bed and Matty was beside of me.

“You know Hilda brought Mike a Christmas gift” I said.

“Why?” He asked.

“I don’t know, she’s up to something” I replied.

“Well, if she is then it’s her problem. Leave her alone” He responded.

“Fine” I replied then kissing him.

I wonder what’s going to happen tomorrow morning.