How to Train Your Dragon Slayer

Chapter 1

Despite being the chief’s daughter, Hikari had never traveled outside of Berk.

Sure, there were books and stories from the sailors, but they never had much concrete information.

Honestly, magic?

Still, when forced into a corner, she much preferred the option that did not risk her life, and especially not Toothless.

He was all she had in the world, the only real friend Hikari had ever known, and she refused to put the Night Fury in harm’s way.

If that meant flying all the way to Fiore to get away from dragon-killing Vikings, then so be it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy.

Crap
.

Toothless rolled his eyes at the girl’s awestruck expression, sitting back on his haunches to wait out her shock.

The town was big and colorful and loud, like a hundred Berks all together, and the sight of so many people was almost overwhelming.

Curling into her thick green sweater, half-hiding in the stretched turtleneck, Hikari reconsidered her whole ‘running away from home’ plan.

Nudging her shoulder with a huff, Toothless stared into those big green eyes once they locked on his, firm.

You know we can’t go back.

After a moment, she nodded, straightening with renewed determination.

“Sorry, bud.” Hikari whispered, petting along the Night Fury’s ear-horns in apology. “I forgot for a sec that I’m not alone anymore.”

Huffing with a look that clearly said “Damn straight,” the dragon shook out his scales and started off down one of the forest paths, waving his half-artificial tail in a beckoning motion.

Smiling, Hikari scooped up her pack and slung it over one shoulder before jogging after the saddled dragon, spirits significantly higher.

As long as she had Toothless, it felt like she could do anything.