A Hideous Profession

[br][br]
A HIDEOUS PROFESSION

Aaren “Ren” was an unexpected miracle to the affluent Del Vecchio family. After finding out Angela was pregnant with her sixth child, they all expected it to be a boy. Until it wasn’t. The Del Vecchio line has not had a girl born into the family since 1933 and to say they were all excited for the new member of the family would be an understatement. Being the youngest and the only girl, Ren was showered with a variety of opportunities, but never by the one she wanted the most; independence.

Then the summer before she went to college, she got the opportunity to try out the big city alone. Well, kind of. Her father would only let her go if the person she resented the most tagged along with her and with Ren being so desperate, she agreed.

She knew from the start that it was going to be a chaotic summer and within the first week, her predictions came true. One night, she came across a beaten and a bleeding man who was practically on the edge of death. Not knowing what to do after he begged her not to inform the police, she reluctantly took him in. Three days later, the rugged figure woke up in her condo, shocked, and completely drained from any recognition of his identity.

Why in the hell did Aaren Del Vecchio ever leave her placid lake town?

"YOU'VE GOTTEN INTO MY BLOODSTREAM"