One Step Closer

Part 1

“What’s wrong with you?! You act like shit lately!” Chuck almost cried out as Pierre got upset just because of a stupid nothing. It was kinda out of usual for Chuck to scream so if someone was in the room that time, he would probably be open-mouthed.

Pierre took a look into Chuck’s eyes. Pierre’s face was as pale as a sheet and Chuck could see the mental absence in his eyes. “I just got upset, and what?! It was stupid!” Pierre yelled as well and Chuck was a little taken aback. He was setting his eyes at him, being confused and disappointed. Pierre just got freaked out just because of Chuck telling his own opinion and it was evidently against Pierre’s mind.

“I don’t understand you. You should take a deep breath and pull yourself together. Don’t know what’s up. Get the hell yourself together and stop acting like this. I don’t know what or who makes you act like this-“ “You’re wrong, Comeau. You’re fucking wrong! You don’t even know! Dammit.” Pierre didn’t care and turned around, telling no other word.

Suddenly David came in the recording studio. He was in the doorway when Pierre walked around him, not noticing who it was. He walked away. David was confused. He turned his head in the direction of Chuck, holding some chocolate in his hands.

“What the hell happened?” David asked and looked at Chuck who was sitting on the couch, rubbing his hands and looking into space. Meanwhile David closed the door as Jeff and Sebastien came in as well.

“What happened to him? He was out as a shot.” Jeff said and sat next to Chuck, being followed by, as always, good-looking Seb. “Shouldn’t I talk to him?” David asked Chuck, standing still. “No, you probably should not. He would retort. I think it’s all just too much for him to handle.” Chuck added and stood up, going from side to side nervously.

“He’s out of control.” Jeff told the rest. “Yes.” Each of them nodded in agreement. “He just got out of the rut.” David said. Everybody took a look at him. They were looking at him for a while. Each of them knew that David knew the most about him. Each of them knew that David was the only one who could do something about it.

“It’s up to you, David. We can do nothing about it. He would not listen to us. You have a soft heart. It’s gonna be fine for sure.” Sebastien, sitting on the couch and taking a sip of water, said. Everybody in the room nodded again. “Do it, David.” Chuck, who suddenly stopped walking, said.

David was thinking for a while. He thought: Chuck was the one who didn’t want me to go to talk to him and now his mind is fully changed. What’s up with that? Maybe Chuck just realized that David’s love he feels for Pierre is the only solution to solve this strange-acting-mystery. “Go ahead, David. He’s probably in his car.” Jeff said suddenly as he looked out of the window and saw a silhouette in the car front window. David nodded and walked out of the studio.

David was thinking all the way to Pierre’s Audi. He just didn’t know what he should have told him. He broke out in a cold sweat. He set his eyes at his hands. They were shaking. Then he just took a deep breath and went around the big car to get in by the front passenger’s door.

He did. He got there and closed the door behind him, sitting in comfortable way. He was looking out from the front window. Pierre just set his eyes at him, being absolutely exhausted. “Guys have sent you to get to me?” He asked and grinned ironically. “No.” David said immediately and took a look at the love of his life.

“No, they didn’t.” He repeated. “ I just came to be by your side, you know… just to… just to know if you’re alright.” David said. He may seem like a ‘rough man’ but he’s not. David is an incredibly nice guy with a soft heart. He’s one of the minority who can really lend an ear to someone. So, he’s just an indispensable part of Pierre’s life even if he doesn’t admit it to himself.

David was in tears suddenly. “I just can’t, you know? I can’t stand the pain when I look at the sad expression in your face. I just wanna… I just want you to be alright. I never meant to let you down or something so.. I just wanna ask you… Is it my fault that you feel this way?” David asked before wiping his tearful eyes.

Pierre was looking at him. He didn’t know what to say even if he knew really best that his bad behavior is not caused by this incredible little guy. “No, it’s not. Don’t cry, please. I can’t stand the pain when I look at the sad expression in your face.” Pierre said the same as David did before.
“I just feel like you’re afraid of something, you know? Something keeps you inside, you know what I mean? You’re not as open as you used to be before. And I miss so much… I miss the old perfect Pierre.” David said and burst into tears as never before. You know, it wasn’t for the first time that Pierre has acted like this. Something really tough keeps him aback.

Pierre rested his hand on David’s one he had placed on his little thigh still. He was rubbing it softly. It should be noted that David’s hands are so nicely little. He has hands like a little kid and Pierre likes it.
“I like you, Davie. And I appreciate that you want to help me. Thank you.” Pierre said and kept stroking David’s little hand. David took a look at the man behind the steering wheel. “What should I do to help you out?” He asked and Pierre smiled weakly. It wasn’t the usual smile. “Come on.” Pierre said simply and pulled David into a very tight embrace.

Pierre was crying onto David’s little shoulder. David kept stroking through his love’s hair. “I wish I could turn back time.” Pierre said with tears in his eyes. “Why? What happened, Pierre?” David asked with fear. “Well, you know… someone has told that words hurt more than actions… but I think it’s the same.” He said and pulled away.

The eye-meeting was quite obvious. David understood. Pierre meant the relationship between him and David. “We never had to end it.” David said deliberately, looking down. Pierre lifted David’s chin up by his hand, looking into his hazel eyes. “Look at me.” He said and swallowed thickly. He knew he wasn’t supposed to do what he was about. But…

David looked into his eyes. They both starred into each other’s eyes and leaned in slowly. Pierre looked at David’s warm luscious lips. He could smell his wonderful minty breath as it brushed along his lips. Pierre did it. Their warm lips felt like heaven together. It was magic, the way their lips connected. It was a long time since they kissed for the last time.

They just didn’t want to pull away. It was too touching for them both. It was exactly what Pierre needed – to feel the soft lips pressed on his ones. Pierre rested his hand onto David’s little cheek, stroking it gently.
Suddenly, they were separated by a salty tear drop coming between their lips. Pierre immediately sighed into David’s mouth. David pulled away and looked at crying Pierre taking him by his tear-stained cheek. “What’s going on, sweetie?” David took a risk and called him ‘sweetie’. He used to call him like that very often until a day when everything came down but he was really nervous and afraid of telling it.

Pierre just closed his eyes, letting a few more tears fall down his cheeks. “I need you.” David whispered softly, pressing his forehead against Pierre’s. “David, it’s a big deal. I just can’t, you know? I fucking can’t...” Pierre just punched the wheel before covering his face into his palms. “Do whatever you want to do. There’s nothing else to care about than to do everything you have to to make yourself feel better.” David said and sniffed before last fondling along Pierre’s head. Then he just wiped his eyes and went out of the car.

The car door was shut. Pierre burst into tears much more. He just leaned his head back at a headrest. Pierre was regretting his actions. Words either.

He was thinking of the past. The beautiful moments spent with David were running through his mind. The way David’s heart was against his chest, his lips were pressed in his neck. The way Pierre falls for David’s eyes. Pierre knew it – he was made to keep David’s little body warm.
It seems impossible. But it was exactly what David thought of. Their souls are just so perfectly connected.