One Step Closer

Part 10

…. “Okay, see you later,” Pierre said and kissed his wife as she was about to come out of the house. She felt like having some beach party with her friends. To be honest, they’re fine on these days ‘cause all she tries to do is to look and behave in a ‘great’ way. She keeps pretending like she is a caring mother and wife and Pierre is taken in it. Till he finds it out, he will be freaking out. For sure.
“Bye,” she said and closed the door behind herself. “Sooo, we have a free time, girls! Let’s have some fun!” Pierre cried out and lifted Soren up. “Daddy, daddy, me too…” Lennon was pulling Pierre’s shirt down and was pouting. “Come on, little star,” he lifted up even Lennon and was holding them both above the ground in arms.

“So, what we’re gonna do?” He asked and looked at them both. “Play hide-and-seek!” Lennon shouted out and laughed. So did Pierre. “Okay, I’m it,” Pierre said and put both girls on the ground. Meanwhile Lennon took Soren and they went to hide somewhere. “Come one, sister!” Lennon shouted. In the meantime Pierre was counting to 10.

Just a minute ago Pierre has sought them. To hide in a wardrobe is a pretty cool idea. Just Soren’s crying gave them away.

“Wait a minute, girls, okay? Someone’s on the phone,” Pierre said and got up to go to see who was on. Sweetie. It was the name on the display. Pierre was wondering about answering it, it’s true. “Be absolutely quiet, yes?” Pierre said in the direction to the living room and went to kitchen to answer it. It was his rescue that David was holding on for ages.

“Oh, yeah? What’s up?” Pierre said to the phone and was going circles around in the kitchen. “Hi, sweetie. I’m right in front of your house, we have agreed on meeting, so here I am!” David said. His voice was full of keenness. But it was not the same on the other side of the phone. Pierre has forgotten. He lifted his hand up, running his fingers through his hair. “Oh, damn it. I…” He didn’t know how to make it up.

Suddenly he went to the window, peeking through a curtain. Yes, there was a motorcycle and David standing aside. “What? I hope you didn’t forget.” David sounded a bit disappointed. He was afraid a little. “No, no, no, Davie. I just…” Pierre was thinking of what to say. “Are you at home now?” David asked again. “Yes, sure. Come on in, I’m going to answer the door, okay? The little ones are gonna be happy to see you for sure. Wait a minute.” He said and hung up suddenly.

He breathed out heavily. “Shit,” he threw his phone away and went to the bathroom as quickly as possible to style his hair not to look like a run-down. “Lenny, make the room fast, yes? Put all the toys into the boxes,” he said and changed his clothes to look like a normal man.
Lennon really listened to him. She was tidying it really quickly in a thought her m
other was about to come in a minute. She had no clue about David’s coming.

Pierre opened the door. As he glimpsed his face, he was totally out of place. David has cut his hair and now he looks really like an angel, like an amazing angel. Pierre’s jaw dropped down. And as David gave him a smile, Pierre lost control of himself.

“Hi, David.” Pierre didn’t want to admit it to himself but he was really happy to see him again after such a long time. “Hi, Pierre.” The way he pronounces his name is so soft and nice. Pierre has missed his angelic voice.

“Come on,” Pierre pulled him into a very tight embrace. He forgot about all the circumstance and hugged him really tightly and for a long time. “I thought you have forgotten about our meeting,” David said with a sad voice and snuggled up. Pierre has to concentrate in a minute to be able to answer at all. The scent of David’s hair is so sweet-smelling. “I have not. You’re lucky that she’s not here now. She went to a beach party or what. I’m at home alone with my girls. Come on in,” he said and pulled away. “Wait,” David stopped him by. Pierre got a sweet kiss. He realized it – he missed him as fucking hell!

Lennon ran out around a corner. Then she glimpse David in the front-doorway. They both smiled heartily. “David!” She shouted out and ran towards him into his arms. “Lennie!” David lifted her up and hugged the little person in a real tight way. She wrapped her arms around his neck.
Meanwhile Pierre was watching them with Soren in his arms. He was smiling all the time – the cause was David. Lennon is just so happy with him. “I missed you.” The little girl said and cuddled up even more. She was shining like a little star.

After a while they four went to the living room. They were playing school, cops and robbers and many others. Then Lennon came with an idea: “Let’s play house!” She was giggling all the time just after a while her expression calmed down as she saw David and Pierre being serious. They two exchanged blank looks. “Well… it’s time to grab a nap, Lenny…” Pierre said and wanted to get up but he didn’t – just because of Lennon who was pressing him to do it.

After a long talking-to Pierre was in. They were playing it a while. It’s true it made Pierre think of it a bit. He knew it was really nice and it WOULD definitely be in fact. Pierre tried not to think about it but it kept forcing him to think. And when he just gave a look at smiling David with Lennon and Soren in his arms, he realized it all.

After a while Pierre broke free. It was really like in fact – like a happy family. It’s true, Pierre wasn’t the only one who kept wishing this – so did David.

They were having fun really much. Then the girls were so tired and exhausted that they fell asleep in the living room and it was just 7 p.m.! David and Pierre decided to put them in the beds. They did.
They are sitting in the living room together, being snuggled-up. “It was… such a great-spent day, Pierre,” David said and rested his head on Pierre’s chest while he was rubbing his hand still. “Yeah. You’re right… who knows, if I weren’t such a loggerhead, it could be like that now.” Pierre said seriously. He was really regretting his actions. He has never stopped since the day everything went wrong.

“We should let matters take their course.” “But, David. I know you’re mad about it and so am I. But tell me, what should I do, Davie. She tries to make all up, you know. She keeps acting like… like she was nice and caring and such. But I don’t feel any emotions in her. She gives the impression of being cold-hearted.” Pierre resisted.

“That’s what I feel like all the time. And you’ve not been getting it up to present day. Everybody knows what she’s like, Pierre,” David said and sighed in a quiet way. Then Pierre told to himself. “Dear past me, you were so stupid. Just beyond stupid. I can’t even explain how stupid you were.” He talked up, sighing.

Then he got a sweet and long kiss from David. Pierre’s cheek was fondled by David’s hand. “Don’t let it worry you, honey. Our time will come and we’ll show what our hearts want to say.” He whispered into Pierre’s ear; the last part was from the ‘IN’ song. Pierre giggled a little. “You’re right. We can do it,” he kissed him back.

After a while they started making out. They were lying on the couch and kissing all time long. The moments they have spent together were so nice and emotional. Just, these souls go together.
Then there was a creak of the front door….