One Step Closer

Part 12

…..
As David drove away, Pierre had to pull himself together and go down to talk to the ‘perfect’ woman he’s married to. He managed to do it. To be honest, she tried to act normal – just like nothing has happened; but she didn’t know Pierre heard really EVERYTHING!

The girl is in the kitchen Pierre’s going in. She’s about making breakfast. He’s standing in the door way, being tired and cried-up. “Morning, hon,” she said with a calm voice and went towards him to kiss him but Pierre turned his head to the left, being cross-armed. “What’s up?” She asked and made a face she calls a ‘smile’. Well, it doesn’t often look like a sincere one.

“Where’s David? Is he sleeping still?” Pierre said and acted like he didn’t know anything about what has happened a while ago. “Oh, well, I woke up and just saw the motorcycle going away. He just left but I don’t care.” She said and went back to the counter to cut the carrot up.

“Oh, you don’t care. I see.” Pierre said and sniffed angrily, leaning on the doorframe. “Do you have a problem?” “Well, YOU are the problem!” Pierre shouted out, looking at her really angrily. “I don’t know what went wrong with you! You know, I got it. Listen up, girl, I won’t let my girls be brought up by you. You’re still their mother, that’s true, but I don’t want you to look after them. I’m sure they could have MORE beautiful and problem-free childhood without YOU. The way you have screamed at David was so damn cruel and rough! Are you sure it should have been done? Are you sure it was the right solution to give him a roasting and then brazen it out?!”

Pierre had to stop to take a deep breath and to continue. “I’m DONE, girl! I can’t take this anymore! You don’t even know how mad at myself I am. What a fool I’ve been that I have let you have control of me!” Pierre burst into tears. “It’s just too much for me right now, you know! Fuck all those 14 years I have spent with a girl like you! I have wasted all the fucking time but…” Pierre calmed down a little. “It’s done between us.” He finished his monologue, looking at her.

She was there, being motionless. Pierre was waiting for her reaction but NO emotions were visible on her. “Yeah and… I want you to know that I’m taking Soren with me. Even if she’s not really mine, I know I have a family support and we will bring the both girls up in a great way. So… we’ll agree on divorce date, ‘cause it’s more than enough. I’m sick of all this…. Bye.” He said and went to the bedroom of his little ones. Well, Lennon was behind the door, crying.

As Pierre opened the door, he glimpsed the crying face of Lennon. “Holly shit, sweetie. What’s going on?” He asked, squatted and lifted his daughter up. “I don’t like the set-tos,” she was crying all the time while Pierre was stroking the back of her head. “I’m sorry, honey. You know what? We’ll pack up and go away, yes? We won’t stay here anymore.” He said while rocking the girl from side to side to calm her down.

“Will we move?” She asked and looked into her father’s brown eyes. He sighed. “We have to, Lenny. Nothing else can be done.” Suddenly he put her on her feet.

“Okay, take your little suitcase and put all the things you need in there, yeah?” Pierre said and smiled before kissing her forehead. “Yeah,” she said and nodded when she just wiped her teary eyes. “We’ll take your little sister and go to… your grandparents.” “Louise and Réal?” She asked. “Of course,” Pierre stroked her cheek. “So, come on.” Then he walked up to the bedroom he wanted to pack the things up in.

Well, when he got up, the girl went behind him and started taking out all the clothes Pierre just put in the suitcase. “What are you doing?” He asked. It was hard to understand for him. “You’ll stay here!!” She was soooo enraged. “Take it all out!!!” She shouted again. “Shut the fuck up! I always tried not to be vulgar but I have to right now! You won’t stop me, girl, you won’t.” He said and closed the suitcase even if it wasn’t completely filled.

She sat on the edge of the double bed. “I want you here, don’t leave me! You can’t leave me here on my own!” She was freaking out. “Hey, it was YOU who used to leave me here with the girls! It was YOU who used to like having parties more than spending some more time with your family!” He said and took the suitcase.

He went to the bedside table and took a picture of him and David from there. “Look. This guy. I feel like he likes the girls more than you do and trust me, it’s quite sad. You’re a mother and… I can’t find any words to describe how cold-hearted you are. You know what? I think you’re a type of girl that likes having fun with men all around but I’m not like that. I’d love to have a perfect family… not with you….Bye.” He said and walked out of the bedroom, going down the stairs.

She was following him, yelling all the time. “Stay HEREEEE! Pierreeee! Don’t fucking leave me!!” She was pulling him by his sleeve but Pierre was fully sure about what to do. “You know, I’m not a bastard and I really DO have a heart, so… I’ll let you see the girls whenever you want and I will be always here to help you whenever you need, I promise. But it’s all I can do for you. I’m leaving. Bye.” This time, the ‘bye’ was the last word he said to her.

Then he took Lennon and Soren and went to get in the Audi car. Yes, she was yelling and screaming and all the stuff ALL the time but Pierre didn’t care. He drove off.

After half an hour of driving, Pierre stopped at a rest area. Then he took a look behind at the girls – they both were sleeping. Pierre took advantage of it and got out of the car to be able to call David. He didn’t expect him being at home yet. He was definitely on his way just a few more miles from where Pierre stopped his car.

“Hey, Pierre. What’s going on?” David asked. Pierre was lucky that David wasn’t driving when he called him because he would probably not answer it. “Hey, Davie. I just wanted to call you and apologize to you.” “Well…. it’s not your fault.” Pierre could hear the disappointment and sadness in David’s voice.

“Please, Davie. I’m sorry about her behavior. I hope I may make it up. You know, I have news for you.” He said and smiled weakly. David smiled, too. “Yes, of course. We could have a talk about it… Will you come?” David asked, having no clue about Pierre’s coming-to. “Yes, I’ll be at your door as soon as possible, sweetie. Bye, bye. I’m blowing you a kiss.” “Bye, darling.” David said and smiled. So did Pierre.

Pierre just couldn’t wait to tell all the news to David. As soon as he got to Montréal to his parents, he put girls in there. And because he wanted to surprise David, he went to see him right that day of his coming-in – without telling him, of course.

……

It was just the beginning.

……