One Step Closer

Part 2

David’s coming back in the studio. Jeff, Seb and Chuck were waiting there for them both but David was the only one who came. Yet then. They all sat up as they saw David in the doorway. They exchanged looks before Jeff asked: “So… what’s up, David? What were you talking about?” They all acted like they weren’t looking out of the window to see them in the car. The very opposite was true.
David, being in tears, sat on the couch next to the rest of the band and began crying. Chuck, the one who was sitting next to him, patted his shoulder and told: “Well, we saw you in the car. Weren’t you kissing?” “Yes, Chuck. We were. He’s just… he feels miserable. And I don’t know what the reason is.” David said firmly and looked up at the ceiling.

“Well…uh..” Seb started talking but nothing came in his mind. He didn’t even know what to say. “He’s hampered, you know? Something is fettering him.” David said as he looked at each person in the room. “Yeah, it was better back then. You know what I mean? Like, when you were together. It was all good. And now, since the day you have broken up, he acts like this.” Chuck reported his piece of knowledge.

“But I love him still, you know? I never stopped!” David said and looked into Chuck’s eyes. He knew he meant it well with him but – the very first reaction. “I don’t know what happened, guys. Like, it was beautiful. We were always together. I don’t know what it is. I don’t know what has changed him.” David finished his talking. “We have to find it out. Maybe you don’t know but we’re kinda sad about it. We’re sorry about you not being together anymore.” Sebastien said and both, Chuck and Jeff, nodded.

“Nothing stays the same, you know? Unfortunately. Something is pushing him aback and I wanna know what it is. Because I want him back. I want back the old sweet and amazing Pierre. I miss his loving-me-back.” David said and almost burst into tears again but he managed to stop it.

He got up. “Okay, I think I’ll go home now. Let’s make it up tomorrow, okay?” David said and tried to smile. “Yes, it’s fine with us.” They all said and smiled. They knew it was tearing him up that he could not help his love out. “So, see ya.” “Later.” They said goodbye and David walked away.

He had to go around Pierre’s car to get to his own one. He was afraid a bit, it’s true.

He couldn’t help but opened the side-door of where Pierre was sitting. Pierre took a teary look at him. Yes, that’s it – he didn’t stop crying. “Pierre… I just decided to get back home now so,… We agreed that we’ll practice tomorrow, are you okay with it?” David asked on purpose. He just acted in a normal way.

“Fine… tomorrow.” Pierre said and breathed out heavily. “Okay, see ya.” David kissed his cheek and slammed the door. It was all on purpose again. Pierre could not even answer and the door was shut.
David was walking away then suddenly, Pierre got out of his car. “David, wait!” He cried out aloud. David, being turned, smiled at the thought he made it. He turned around. It was like in a slow motion. Pierre could see the wind blowing through his hair. The weak smile shining on his face was incredible. It was cold that day – Pierre knew David’s little body was freezing cold. And the cold wind made it worse.

Pierre came closer to David, looking down into his eyes. He rested his hands onto David’s cold arms in the part of above-elbow-place. “You’re so cold.” Pierre kept fondling his cool arms, still looking into his eyes. David was doing the same. “I wish I could warm your little body as I used to do all the time before.” Pierre couldn’t control his mouth. It was his heart that was telling this.

David wrapped his arms around his neck. “I miss you, Pierre.” He said while rubbing his nose against Pierre’s with his eyes closed. It was breaking Pierre’s heart so much but it told him exactly what to do. This time, he didn’t listen to his mind. He made their lips connect again. It was the longest and sweetest kiss in a long time. “Davie, I… could I come to you tonight?” He asked carefully and looked into his eyes once again. David was really gladdened. He smiled heartily. “Let’s go.” He said.

Pierre gave him one last kiss before they set off. He was hesitating all the time but he did it. They’re on their way to David’s. They drove by Pierre’s Audi car. The whole way there was a total silence. Neither spoke. David was glad Pierre decided to go to him and Pierre was thinking of still. He knew it wasn’t right but he just felt he should have done it.

As they arrived in front of David’s apartment, Pierre was flooded with memories. He came in and it all went into him. The perfect moments they have spent in there, especially in the bath, the shower or in the bed. It was all back.

“Would you like something to drink?” David asked and looked at amazed Pierre. Pierre didn’t say a single word. He just closed his eyes for a moment. He breathed in and out slowly. He let all the circumstance behind.

“What’s up?” David asked confused. Pierre just came to him and their lips met. He took him up into a panda-hug and carried him to the bedroom with slowness. They were kissing still and David had his arms wrapped around Pierre’s neck.

Pierre laid him onto the big double bed they used to sleep in. He lay on the top of him, kissing still and stroking through his hair. As they pulled away, they were looking into each other’s eyes for a while. “I never stopped loving you.” David admitted, breathing out heavily and nervously. Pierre smiled and said: “Come on.” He undressed David’s shirt and lay onto him again.

Their lips were playing together while Pierre’s soft hand went over David’s little chubby tummy. He didn’t feel it for a long time. Almost a never-ending year. Suddenly their tongues joined the lip-to-lip game.

Pierre moved his kissing onto David’s neck. He was sucking the soft skin of it gently. David’s head was rested back while he was stroking through his lover’s hair. They both had their eyes closed to see with their own heart.

After a while Pierre’s lips made a move onto the perfect chubby tummy. Finally he could feel it again after such an endlong time. It was a long while of kissing his soft belly.

As he stopped he pressed his lips against David’s and rested his head on David’s tummy, fondling him still. It was such a touching experience for them to be together in one bed again. There was a deafening silence. Their fingers became entwined. Pierre realized. He missed it as hell.

It didn’t take a long time and they both fell asleep together. We could just guess that they were dreaming about something really beautiful. They don’t even realize but they were smiling while they slept.