One Step Closer

Part 3

It was really beautiful for David to see his Pierre being tangled in the sheets next to him. He smiled at the thought. He was stroking his cheeks. He thought it could be like this forevermore but he knew till Pierre wakes up, everything will be in a different way. He was kinda sad about it because he knew Pierre would freak out waking up next to him. That’s just what he thought of.

David took a leap of faith and kissed Pierre’s lips. He could hear just some mumbling from under. David took a breath and whisper to Pierre’s ear: “Wake up, beautiful.” The corners of Pierre’s lips lifted up very slowly. Before he opened his eyes, he thought a bit. He realized. Till he opens his eyes he’ll see David by his side – but that was what he didn’t want. He didn’t want the memories to come back.

There was nothing else to do than to open the eyes. He did. The shining and beautiful little one appeared in front of his eyes suddenly. David stroked his cheek again – he was risking a lot. Pierre just sighed and bit his lower lip nervously, not looking at David anymore.

“I hope you had an amazing sleep.” David said and smiled even if he knew something was wrong. So did Pierre. He should not have done it, no. Pierre sat up before saying: “I think we should get to the studio. Guys are not much patient.” He just didn’t respond to David’s sentence. It made him disappointed a bit.

“Sure… let’s head over.” David said with a low voice and managed to crawl out of the bed. “Wait.” Pierre took him by his hand but David stayed turned. “I’m sorry.” Pierre said, still looking at disappointed David. “We’re fine.” He said and got out of Pierre’s hand grasp, going to the bathroom.
Pierre knew he screw it up. It was way for him to punch the bed with a fist. Many thoughts were running through his mind. He didn’t know what to do. At all. The perfectly nice moment he has experienced yesterday was really special for him. But on the other hand, something’s telling him it was NOT right at all.

It took a short time before David and Pierre got to the studio. The car was in silence. Neither spoke again.

Suddenly, after a short period of time of driving, Pierre stopped in front of the recording studio they have agreed on meeting in. He pulled the emergency brake really swiftly. David was frightened a bit back then.

They both kept silence for a while. Then, Pierre said after sighing: “I shouldn’t do it, David. We have to break it.” His voice was quite unsure but sounded firm. “Break what?” David asked firmly and turned his head to see the expression in Pierre’s face.

“David… I’m married.” Pierre said. The last word was a bit husky and silent. “Why don’t you say it out loud if you’re so proud of it?!” David asked provocatively. He was kinda upset about it. He hates Pierre talking about this ‘marital status’.

Pierre just took a look at him. The look was sharp. “Stop, David. You know what I mean. I’m not gay.” Pierre said. It was really beyond David’s thinking – Pierre just has had a romantic moment with him last night and now he claims that he’s not a homosexual? Pathetic.

“Then I don’t understand you.” David snapped and got out of the car, slamming the door before going in the studio. Pierre waited there for a moment before everything has set at ease. Then, he followed David’s steps. He wasn’t excited about the outcome of his speech. Not at all.

“Hi, guys.” David said as he slammed the door behind him. It was such a shot that even Pierre, being outside still, heard it.

“Hey, David! What’s up? Where’s Pierre? He’s not coming with you?” Excited Chuck asked and made a few drum-beats. “No. He’s married. Why would he come with me?” Upset David snapped and took his bass before moving his little fingers across the guitar strings. Everyone exchanged really weird looks.
“Well, something happened?” Jeff asked and went straight towards David who was standing behind a huge speaker. Jeff leaned on it and David just took a look at him. “You know, I don’t understand him. Another day, another thinking, if you know what I mean.” David casted down his eyes and sighed.
Then it was time for Pierre to come in. As the door was open, everybody in the room, besides David, set his eyes at him. Pierre didn’t know what he was supposed to think about it. “What?” He snapped. Suddenly the weird looks disappeared.

“Hey.” All of them greeted at the same time. Pierre didn’t answer. He was just looking at them somewhat weirdly – he knew something was up. “Well, shouldn’t we start practicing?” Sebastien said and smiled – he played like nothing happened. “Let’s do it.” Pierre replied after a moment of thinking.
The whole practicing session went fine. Just Pierre was kinda out of control. “Okay, it was nice. We should put this song into the setlist. I think it’s a cool one.” Pierre decided. “Who is the song about?” David asked provocatively. He just got a sharp look from Pierre. They were talking about a song on their new EP – In. They were practicing it to be able to rock it out at the stage. The song is exactly about Pierre and David. That’s why Pierre has made it. He knew he wouldn’t get out of this situation. He knew he would have to tell the truth.

“Who is the song about?” Pierre repeated David’s question to make it up – he didn’t know what to say or what to do. David raised an eyebrow. “I don’t know. Shit, it’s just a song!” Pierre raised his voice up. It made David upset a bit – he knew the song was about him – well, Pierre has told him about it.
“You’re such a chickenshit.” David said in tears. He put down his bass and walked away around him. “Don’t be pissed, David! It was just the question! You got the answer!” Pierre shouted and David turned around in quickness. “You’re incredible, Bouvier! So fucking tell me who you are because I have lost myself right now! I thought I knew you but that was yesterday! Think of yourself, please! You don’t even know how much you keep breaking my heart! You…nothing…” David didn’t even know what to say. He was shouting all the time – the rest of the band was really in puzzlement because they have never seen David being upset. “Talk it up. Tell me what you were about!” Pierre urged.
David was thinking for a little while. “You know what?” David started the sentence, being in tears still. “Stop dragging me around. I think it’s the right time for you to know what you want. Take a think of it, please.” David said rather calmly. Then, he walked away.

Pierre was standing in the middle of the studio, being open-mouthed. His little brown eyes were flooding with tears. Neither spoke. There was a deafening silence. Then there was just a sound of Chuck’s drum stick that fell down on the ground.

“He’s right.” Jeff said in quietness and sat down on the couch. Pierre looked at him. He wanted to say anything but nothing came in his mind. Instead Chuck joined in. “You know we all are here for you, Pierre. You should share your concern with someone. David’s pretty disconcerted about it.” Pierre rubbed through his face before looking up at the ceiling. “You would not understand.” Well, even Sebastien got mad this time.

“Buddy, you’re really reckless. Chuck said we’re here for you. We’re always here to help you out. That’s why we are together or am I wrong? You know, if you share your concern, it can become smaller. Keep it on mind, Pierre.” Sebastien said and went out of the studio. So did Chuck and Jeff.
Pierre was there alone. He fisted the speaker and said inwardly. Everything I touch turns to shit.