One Step Closer

Part 4

Pierre has spent the last time at his parents. He thought he would sleep it out but he was wrong – he was awake all night long. He couldn’t get the picture of David out of his mind. He also went to his mother to get an advice – but she has told him he should do something about it. That was it. But that’s all he knew before.

Today is the last day of Simple Plan’s practicing before one-month long time off and then they have to head over to a world tour with their 5th album. It’s kinda frustrating for Pierre because he just MUST pull himself together and decide what is right to do this time.

Pierre decided to go to talk to Jeff to be able to know what’s up with David. Well, Jeff’s the one who hears David out all the time.

“He’s kinda feeling bad about it, you know? He’s still into you. He has never stopped loving you. It gives him hell to see you being so exhausted and with a sad face, you know.” Jeff said while looking into Pierre’s tired eyes. “What should I do, then?” He asked before he breathed out nervously, rubbing his sweated hands.

“Well… a romantic dinner with candles or-“ “Jeff, do you understand it? I can’t be with him I just can’t stand that he’s mad at me. That’s it. I don’t feel like dating him again.” Pierre said firmly and looked away. It was beyond Jeff’s thinking. He didn’t get it.

“Um… I don’t know, then. You just should realize that he LOVES you, you know? He’s not the one who would cheat on you or something. Keep THIS in mind, Pierre.” Jeff is not the only one who keeps changing Pierre’s mind. Well, David is just the right for him – no one else. Another boy neither girl. Just David.

“Great.” Pierre said. He knew he was really reckless about the situation. But this ironical word just came out of his mouth.

Meanwhile David, being behind the door and listening the conversation between Pierre and Jeff, decided what to do. It was the only thing he has thought of – and it will definitely work, he thought.
David, followed by Chuck and smiling Sebastien, walked in the studio. Pierre and Jeff were right there. “Hello.” Smiling David came in. He played it really great! Jeff and even Pierre were puzzled a bit but Chuck and Sebastien, standing aside, knew exactly what he was about.

“Hi.” Pierre replied silently. Meanwhile Chuck made a ‘directing-face’ at Jeff who understood and went toward to them. “Okay, we’ll…. we’ll buy some candies… Let’s go.” Jeff said and giggled foolishly before the 3 guys walked out of the room. [Okay, they didn’t go to buy anything; they were peeking through a window from outside.]

David took his time – it didn’t take too long. “Stand up.” He said firmly. Pierre didn’t know what he was about to do. “What’s u-“ “Do it.” He said more firmly. Pierre did. He was kinda confused about it.
Then it was up to David. He came closer really quickly and wrapped his arms around Pierre’s neck before he started the kissing scene. Pierre couldn’t do anything about it. Okay, he wanted but was too powerless at the time. There was nothing else to do than to join in.

Pierre knew it wasn’t right that time but he rested his hands on David’s perfect butt. They were kissing really passionately while the rest of the band was outside the window and peeking in. They all just hi-fived.
David suddenly moved his lips at Pierre’ neck, sucking the skin of it. Pierre just tilted his head back a bit, still fondling David’s buttie. Then David just moved his lips up and bit Pierre’s earlobe softly. He knew he loved it. Pierre hissed a bit in that instant. All he did was ‘David’ word coming out. He closed his eyes while David was licking and kissing his neck still.

Then it was too much even for David. He went his lips up and leaned the side of his face on Pierre’s one. Then he just whispered: “I love you so much, Pierre.” He was almost crying. “Damn it.” Pierre whisper-shouted and pulled David as close as possible. “You're the best thing that ever happened to me, Pierre. You’re my treasure, you know? You're just the one I've always wished for…” Both of them burst into tears.

Pierre was fondling the back of David’s head, rocking him from side to side. He pressed his lips against David’s forehead kissing it softly. “I don’t know what to do, Davie. I don’t fucking know…” He said and pulled his sweetie even closer.

It took some time before Pierre pulled away and looked into David’s chocolate eyes, still holding his arms. David’s arms were wrapped around Pierre’s waist. “I’m sorry, Davie. Forgive my acting, please. I just feel so depressed, you know-“ In that instant David took Pierre by his hand and led him to sit on the studio couch.

They were sitting there together, being snuggled up. “Talk it out. You know I’m here for you.” David said and smiled hopefully. Pierre knew David was the right he should have opened his heart to. “You know… I’m in black mood lately. Just something keeps me under. Something doesn’t let me do what I truly want like, I’d like to be able to love you or…sometimes I just feel like running away from home.” Pierre looked down at their hands.

“I know what the reason is…it’s no wonder, anyways.” David said and swallowed thickly, looking down as well. Pierre knew what David wanted to say. His hand was suddenly held by David’s – he was rubbing the ring that was surrounding Pierre’s ring finger.

Both of them sighed. “This little thing causes lots of badness… this ring is like a… it’s like something that keeps you in a tiny box you can’t get out of.” David said with a sad voice and stopped rubbing it. “If the same ring could grace your finger, it would be wholly different, right?” Pierre asked and looked into David’s eyes.

David did the same. “Would you be happy with me? Would I make you happy?” Pierre asked, looking straight into David’s beautiful eyes. It was up to David to decide. “I can’t tell you. We can’t live the future, you know. I don’t even know what tomorrow will hold for us. Tomorrow could be totally different. That’s why I want you to be clear about what you really want.” David said and smiled towards his love.

“I wish everything was alright again.” Pierre started and pulled David into a hug, fondling his little shoulder. He continued: “Just if I could go back… I would do everything in a total different way. I would never do such bullshit again. Just when someone keeps pushing me and forcing me to do anything, it’s hard to stand up for myself and-“ “Hushh…” David put his little finger across Pierre’s lips. “Don’t say anything.” Suddenly he pressed his lips against Pierre’s again.
“You’re my sunshine.” David said and snuggled up even more. Pierre giggled. “My only sunshine.” Pierre added. They both knew the song – it’s their favorite. Suddenly they started singing: “You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are grey. You’ll never know, dear, how much I love you. Please don’t take my sunshine away.”
Okay, it was the best of the day.