One Step Closer

Part 5

Yesterday was the day of Pierre’s coming home. He’s not quite happy about it but his daughter is waiting right there for him to come. He loves the little girl above. Lennon is his little princess. He would do everything possible his daughter to be in good hands. So that’s the reason why he is always so afraid of letting her there in California.

Pierre also had to leave David in Montréal – it was not the easiest decision either. Okay, that’s no-brainer ‘cause, of course, they have agreed on meeting in Vegas in two weeks. Pierre knew in advance that he wouldn’t stand those bad shout-ups again.

Pierre’s opening the front door of his big house. “Where’s my little princess?” Pierre said aloud his daughter to be able to hear him at all. Suddenly, a little human ran out from around the corner. “Daddy!” She shouted and ran straight towards her father’s open arms.

“Lenny, come on!” Pierre embraced her in his arms and snuggled her up. Meanwhile she wrapped her little chubby arms around his neck. “I missed you, daddy,” She said with a silent and nice voice before kissing her great father she has missed. It was a long time since she has seen her father for the last time.

Then Pierre went with Lennon in his arms to the kitchen. “Where’s mama?” He asked as he came in the kitchen where no one was. Then Lenny said: “In the garden.” “With Lindsey?” “Yeah.” The sound of Lennon’s voice was quite unsure and confused.

Pierre opened the door from terrace and looked out to see who was there. “Hey, I’m home.” Pierre said and gave them a smile. It was a forced one. Suddenly, the girl Pierre is married to got up and went towards him and his daughter. “Hey.” She kissed him but… Pierre wasn’t in to keep it going.
…… It went like that the whole week. They were in arguments all the time and it started always just because of a stupid nothing. Because Pierre has his own opinion, it’s wrong. When he doesn’t agree with her, it’s wrong again. It gets on his nerves……

“Well, I’m gonna take Lenn to buy an ice-cream or something. Are you okay with it?” Pierre asked and took a look at his daughter who was looking really sadly. He moved his forefinger across her pouted lips. “Don’t pout, you ladybug,” Pierre puckered his eyebrow and smiled then. It made his little one smile a bit.

“Well, we’re going out to the beach probably. Now it’s up to you to act like a father, dear.” She said with her squeaky voice. Then Pierre just whispered: “Don’t be that annoying in front of my daughter!” He said and looked into her eyes with reproach. “It’s even my daughter. I’ve been carrying her for 9 months!” She said and made a strange face.

“I knew I shouldn’t have even come. It’s worse and worse, lady. Don’t you think it’s not right to leave your daughters here alone and go to the beach? Don’t worry, I’m sure it’s like that all the time I’m gone.” Pierre stood up for himself and turned around in a thought he would get out with Lennon.
“Your 2 daughters-“ “Wait! I’ll correct you.” Pierre cut her in in return and said: “Soren’s not mine. You don’t have to bother yourself with telling me. I’ve known it for some time. Don’t take me for a fool!” He said and wanted to walk away but… - as you could expect – they went into arguments. It has become a daily routine to have a quarrel over something.

Unfortunately, Lennon was there all the time while they were having arguments. She burst into tears as she saw them fighting. Well, Pierre’s ‘wife’ just has poor excuses. David keeps telling him that his super-wife is just a poor girl that doesn’t appreciate his helping hand at all. Pierre just thought something was there about it – he was right.

“Come on, sweetie. We won’t be here anymore. I’m sick of it, you know? You keep making it up. You think I’m an idiot but I got it, you know? Why have you wanted to build a family when you have no feelings towards the kids even me?! Don’t understand it, dear. You should know what’s the right solution right now ‘cause…. I don’t think I’ll stand it from now on. I don’t think so…” Pierre went from screaming to a total normal and calm sounding. He knew there was just one thing to do- to take his daughter and get away.

She didn’t move a muscle in that moment. There was just a sentence that she said: “I’m a perfect mama, anyways.” She snapped and stood there motionless. Pierre grabbed Lennon into his arms. “Come on, Lennon. We’re out.” He said and walked out of the house. He just could hear her shouting: “You’ll pay for it. It’s not the end! I know you’ll BEG for my love!” Well, it pissed him off incredibly much. He doesn’t even love her.

“Come on, miracle, don’t cry…” He said and pulled his little one into a tight embrace. She just wrapped her little arms around her father’s neck. She was crying and sobbing all the time.
“Where’s uncle David?” She asked with a quiet voice and buried her face into Pierre’s neck. She could feel his thick swallow.

“David? Oh, sweetie, he’s at home, you know?” “Um…” She just made a sad sound and Pierre pulled her even closer. “Oh… you wanna play with him, right?” Pierre asked while stroking the back of her head. “Yeah.” She agreed. “You like him, right?” “Yeah.” Her answers were sincere and immediate. “I wish he was here.” She said simply. It made Pierre think of it a bit.

Pierre knows that David is a perfect man to play with Lennon. They are the same and Lenn likes him really much. It that instant, Pierre was overpowered by a daydream – the imagine of him, David and Lennon together is perfect. He smiled at the thought.

“Why are you smiling, daddy?” Lennon looked into Pierre’s eyes for a moment. “Nothing, I… Lenny, what if we went on a trip to Montréal to see your grandparents? It would be great, wouldn’t it?” He asked and looked at her as well.

Her small eyes shone and she smiled. “Yeah!” Then she hugged her father and added: “I’m gonna see my grandfather.. and grandma Louise… and uncles J’s! And David!” Of course, she has named even Chuck, Seb and Jeff. It was a really great report for her. Pierre was glad her daughter was happy in that moment.

But on the other hand, he knew it wouldn’t be easy to ‘escape’ from there. And another deal is that he would have to take even Soren. He just couldn’t leave the little one there even if he’s not her biological father. He felt a huge responsibility towards her.

“Okay, honey. We’ll do something about it, yes? We’ll set off right tomorrow.” Pierre said and stood up with Lennon in his arms. “No! … Daddy, no! I wanna go now!” She said and looked into his eyes with surprise. But Pierre was in doubts. Lennon was pouting to change her father’s mind. “No, no, Lenny. We can’t. We’ll head over tomorrow, agreed?” Lennon was kinda disappointed about it but there was nothing else to do than to agree.

Pierre just has put Lennon to the bed before he has gone to the living room to wait up till the lady deigns to come back home from the beach party. He was really upset about it.

After an hour of Pierre’s napping, she came in. Pierre just stood up and went straight to the hallway because of the noise she was making. “Could you, please, stop making such a noise? Girls just have fallen asleep!” Pierre whisper-shouted. “Come on, Pierre, let’s get to the bed, lover! To make another little baby!” She shouted and went towards to Pierre who was absolutely out of place.

Pierre’s eyes were flooded with tears while she was telling some bullshits in a tipsy way. “Why do you do that?! These little girls are right behind the door. Could you, please, stop acting like an idiot, dear?!” Pierre whisper-shouted again, but to no purpose.

She kept telling bullshits and it definitely got on Pierre’s nerves. It was beyond his nerves. He got mad. This time – much more than before and he has found a radical way to solve it.

“Okay. You asked for it.” It was Pierre’s last sentence before he went in the bedroom of the girls. “Lenny, wake up, sweetie.” He whispered and shook her little body softly. He added: “Dress up, honey.” “Where are we going?” She asked while she was rubbing her sleepy and puffy eyes. “On a trip to Montréal. Come on.” He said sincerely and took Soren into his arms before they set off.
“Soooo, princess. Come on,” he took Lennon by her little hand and they 3 went to get in the car to go to Canada. “Mama’s gonna stay here?” She asked and looked up into her daddy’s eyes. He sighed. “Yes. She’s the reason why we’re going away.” They were the last words before Pierre put his little ones to sit on the infant carriers.

Then they just drove away.