Status: Thanks for reading!! :D

Last Breaths

Last Breaths

I felt her hands gently smoothing the short fuzz at the tip of my head, she was muttering prayers at my bedside. I hated this. I wished she wouldn't do this, I can tell she's trying to comfort me but her tears make it a bit less happy-making.

"Kiara, hush." Her whispering stopped for a moment and she pulled her hand from my head, before looking at me, tear-mottled blue eyes shifting sadly.

"I'm so sorry." I smiled at her, sadly.

"You know that's not what I meant, I just want you to talk to me. Not to cry, or pray, or to make yourself gloomy." I laid my hand on her shoulder trying to not pull too hard on the IV. I gestured with my other hand for her to come closer to me.

She closed her mouth tight and I could tell she was near tears again. I pulled her in and tried to smile.

"I thought I told you to stop that..." I kissed her copper hair, ruffling it a bit before pulling her in tighter to me. I wasn't going to have her much longer. And she wasn't going to have me.

Only months ago did they notice I had a tumor, thought to be malignant until the incident. Cancer in my lungs, cancer in my stomach, cancer, cancer everywhere. I was a beautician before this so you could imagine my connection with the hair I now didn't have. I didn't want chemo, and it was unnecessary anyways, considering I'm still going to die. Any day now, actually.

I was going to spent my last days with the girl I loved and that was that. I pulled her head from my shoulder and put her forehead to mine.

"I love you. I love you so much and it hurts that I'm dying and I won't see you for a very long time." I paused. "And it better be a goddamn, long time, you got me?" She smiled and pressed her lips to mine before talking again.

"I'm going to miss you, Free. So, so much..." She placed a kiss on my nose and my cheeks, then back to my mouth, bringing warmth to every spot that was growing colder by the second.

"Say you love me. Please." Her eyebrows furrowed against mine.

"I love you." I couldn't see anymore. "I love you. I love you?" There was a pause and the proclamations became frantic. "Frisha. Frisha!!! Frisha??!" My fingers were so cold.

She was yelling, yelling for help and then.

I was gone. And God, I couldn't wait to see her again.
♠ ♠ ♠
so yeah, there's that. sorry not sorry.