Angels

0.1

How had he managed to lose Noah in such a short moment? He had looked away for three seconds to greet a friend and when he looked back, Noah wasn’t anywhere near him. Trevor wondered how Noah could have managed to disappear so quickly with his wobbly legs. Why was he even questioning that? Noah always managed to surprise him.

Trevor turned to his girlfriend Michelle who was screaming at him something, though he didn’t know what it was. He couldn’t hear her, because he only heard his heartbeat in his ears. Some words like ‘immature’, ‘get serious’ and ‘get your head straight’ reached his ears, though he didn’t acknowledge them. He watched her crazy gaze, the fear behind them as she screamed things she didn’t mean. She was just terrified for their little boy and so was he.

The man that stood beside them, one of the techies with a walkie-talkie, kept trying to radio everyone to inform that there was a missing kid, yet there was no answer. It made Trevor feel weak, helpless, like he couldn’t do anything. He knew that he should do something, run and look for himself, but he had no idea where to run, in which direction. His eyes just flew around him, looking for his little boy in the midst of people.

“Gee to Jeff, I found the boy,” and Trevor’s head snapped towards the walkie-talkie. Had he heard right? Did the person say that they had found his son? He stood unmoving, his heart beating so loudly in his ears. “I’m bringing him to you,”

Immediately, his eyes started running around him, searching the room for a glimpse of Noah. The sounds escaped him, he didn’t hear a thing. It was just the wait until he’d see what he was searching for.

The first thing he saw was a girl coming out from the corner with a little boy in her arms. Her face was twisting up with different silly faces and the boy was giggling loudly. He recognized the voice and his feet started carrying him in the direction of the two. The terrifying storm that raged inside him started to calm down bit by bit as he got nearer and when he stopped in front of the girl, he felt like he was going to pass out.

The girl looked up at him with a smile on her face and Trevor felt like he was going to grab her and Noah in a tight embrace. He didn’t know why he wanted to hug her. Maybe it was because she had protected his innocent little boy from the clutches of the cruel world or maybe because it seemed like she was a guardian angel in this terrifying situation. He didn’t know what it was.

“Sir, he’s okay,” the girl spoke up, snapping Trevor from his inner thoughts. He focused on her movements as she went to pass Noah to him. He stretched out his arms, waiting to hug his boy close to him. He felt like he was going to start crying any moment. He felt the tears in his eyes, the strange feeling of being so close to letting them out, however when he looked up at the girl’s warm smile, everything went away.
Noah was in his arms and he watched the girl in daze, not being able to form a sentence to thank her. All the words in his vocabulary seemed like they were worth nothing, like they wouldn’t show her his gratitude.

“Thank you,” he uttered out and the girl nodded her head once, the warm smile on her face. Then her eyes shifted to Noah, who was watching her with mesmerized eyes and a huge smile on his face.

“You made your mommy and daddy worry, little guy. You shouldn’t disappear like that again,” and she bopped his little nose gently, making Noah giggle slightly as he stretched out his little hands towards the girl as if trying to reach her. “Bye, bye now,”

She waved a bit before she turned to walk away, her eyes connecting with Trevor’s once more. Her smile grew smaller as she turned, turning more sincere when their gazes connected. It happened for a very short moment, before he was left watching her retreating back.

Noah’s sudden crying out snapped him out and he looked down at the boy. He was reaching out towards the girl, huge tears running down his face and his mouth letting out loud screams. Trevor felt his heart skip a beat and he couldn’t understand what was happening.

Michelle ripped Noah out of his arms, her face contorted in anger and concern as she went on to try and calm the little boy down. Trevor went to follow after her, however Michelle sent a glare his way that told him to not go after her and stay away. It pierced his heart like a knife and he stood dumbstruck, watching her disappear between all the people.

He had no idea what to do or where to go so he just turned around and let his feet carry him somewhere where he could snap back to reality. He just wasn’t sure if that was going to happen anytime soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a very rough draft.

It's missing a lot of details and I could've done a better job with portraying Trevor's emotions however I just want to write everything down that I have planned so that later on I could edit it and rewrite it. I have too much free time on my hands here in the States and I really can't find a second job.

Anyway, if you haven't listenened to Our Last Night, go do it now!

Have a nice day/evening/night!