Status: Thanks for reading!! :D

The Taste of Coffee

I'll Take It Black, Thanks

I lost my sight when I was twelve in a car accident, there was damage to the nerve in my brain that helps me see. I didn't notice. It didn't even hurt. They didn't start treating it until it was too late. But, that's fine, well, it's not, but I can deal just fine without seeing.

It's been six years since then, so I've become accustomed to this life. I'd been walking from my not-really job as a math tutor for high school students. It gets me a good chunk of cash though, so it does pay off for only a few hours of teaching. I smelled coffee. Did they open up a coffee shop? Wondrous. I plucked my white cane from my bag and hovered it over the ground a little, following the scent of coffee. Oh, did I love coffee, my high school life was made up of it and I'm sure it'll be the same for the rest of my life.

I felt the end of my cane accidentally squish into someone. I muttered a sorry before continuing on. I must be getting close now. I felt the tip hit a wall and I drug my hand across the wall until I felt a door knob. Hell yeah. Damn, I need friends. That would've made this venture a lot easier.

I pulled the door open and the smell of coffee beans blew into my face. Hell yeah. Hmmm. I started tapping around, hitting what I assumed were chairs and tables, until a nice man helped me to the counter. He had a nice voice. I told him thank you and waited to be waited on. I heard the same mans voice again and I realized that he must work here.

"What would you like?" The man in front of me said cheerfully.

"Coffee, please." There was a pause.

"How would you like it?" I heard him shuffle around, getting a cup, I presumed.

"I'll take it black, thanks." There was a hmph of surprise.

"Name?"

"Levi. What's your name?" I could nearly feel his eyebrows raise.

"Alex, may I ask why?" I kinda laughed a bit.

"No real reason, just thought I'd ask for you next time I come." I wish I could see what his face looked like. It made me agitated, like when you couldn't beat the big boss on a video-game. I heard him whisper an "oh." and that made me smile a bit.

There was silence as he gave me my drink. I winked and said thanks and moved toward one of the tables I bumped into before. The coffee smelled wonderful, I took a sip and realized it tasted even better.

I may or may not come just for the cute barista.

~x~

I came the next day. And the day after that. Asking specifically for Alex and when he came, I basically flirted the whole time, telling him about things. I wondered how he felt about these conversations. Were they as important to him as they are to me?

Okay, it's time. I think this is a good opportunity to ask him on a date, I mean, it feels kinda right.

"So, Alex." He made a little noise that kinda sounded a little like "yes?".

"I was wondering if you'd like to have lunch with me, or something that involves the both of us in one place." I paused. "That's not the coffee shop." He laughed nervously.

"Um... sure, I think. I'd like to, but I-" I pressed my index finger in the area I thought his mouth was.

"A yes is all you had to say, no need for any of those disgusting buts."

~x~

I was sitting outside the coffee shop, wearing my best clothes and whatnot. I heard the door open, unsure if it was Alex until he said hi.

"Where do you want to go, Alex?" I heard him stutter a little.

"Any-anywhere, really, it doesn't matter where..." I waited a moment to speak, in case he wasn't finished.

"Do you have a car?" He seemed surprised, I think.

"Yes? It's not too far. Are you not wanting to walk?" I sighed.

"I walked all day and I really do get a bit tired of it." We walked a little longer before he helped my into the passengers side. He settled into his seat and I turned to him.

"May I touch your face?"

"Wh-what? Why?"

"I want to know what you look like and this is the best way." As soon as I heard an okay pass his lips, I put my hands against his face. I started with the forehead and went down from there. I dragged my thumb across his eyebrows, soft, then down his temples, soft and a little bumpy, to his nose, a little crooked and pointed at the tip. I let my fingers flutter over his eyelids, feeling them move around beneath my fingers. I felt his cheekbones and then moved my fingers along his lips. "You're so cute." I muttered. Jeez, I really wanted to kiss him. I held the sides of his face in place.

"Would you be angry if I kissed you right now?"

"Not necessarily angry, but d-definitely confli-" I pressed my lips against his before he finished. He was still for a moment before he moved his mouth over mine. Hell yeah. He tasted like coffee.

I moved over the console and pressed him against his window, and he twisted so his legs were draped over the console. I twisted my fingers in his hair and it felt better than I imagined, curly and long. I popped a button open on his shirt, then stopped.

"Can I...?" I spoke into his mouth. He muttered a yes and I popped the rest of them.

I pressed my hand against his chest and roamed over his front before curling my arms behind him, around him. I held him that way for a long time.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to go so fast." There was a long silence. "I think I might love you. Maybe." He shuffled and kissed me on the cheek.

"Yeah, I think so too."
♠ ♠ ♠
hmmmmmmm. so, well, thanks for reading.